Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow...nice clean look. Absolutely stunning. Only thing is the carbon mirrors - somehow it looks wrong. Would prefer red, but love the rest especially the grille!

Thanks for the feedback. When the mirrors were red they stood out like a sore thumb. The carbon fiber mirrors certainly won't be for everyone but I think it's a nice contrast from the glossy black arms holding the mirrors.

Here's an image of the final product after tint and quartz were added:

2015-04-10 11.12.33.jpg

• Love
Reactions: jobiggs24
So apparently I was inspired by Sigma4Life, EarlyAdopter and frankness. But then I added/changed things up a bit. I don't have a fully clean car just yet, but hopefully will sometime this weekend at the Tesla Road Trip (Reach the Beach) event. For now just this one photo:

Screen Shot 2015-04-15 at 10.49.00 AM.png

My setup was mostly flat black, except that the rear lower diffuser, door handles, side markers, and front emblem are in carbon fiber. Some of these items were courtesy of RPM Tesla with their pre-cuts. And the rest was done by my local vinyl shop. IT came out great... there are a few spots he could have tucked a bit better, but overall I'm happy with the work.

You bet:

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! Yes, it definitely looks serious.

By all means, feel free to do the same. After all, I borrowed the idea from user "frankness" up-thread. If enough of us do this maybe Tesla will offer it as a factory option some day.

I was up in Redmond this past weekend visiting my grandparents who live there and saw you as you were making a left and drove past me. I was in a rental but when I saw your MS, I noticed all the blacked out trim and mirrors and said to my wife, I've seen that car on the forum! It looks great! I have the blacked out trim myself and it def makes it look much more sportier.

I was up in Redmond this past weekend visiting my grandparents who live there and saw you as you were making a left and drove past me. I was in a rental but when I saw your MS, I noticed all the blacked out trim and mirrors and said to my wife, I've seen that car on the forum! It looks great! I have the blacked out trim myself and it def makes it look much more sportier.

Awesome! Glad I washed it recently. :)

Thanks for the feedback. When the mirrors were red they stood out like a sore thumb. The carbon fiber mirrors certainly won't be for everyone but I think it's a nice contrast from the glossy black arms holding the mirrors.

Here's an image of the final product after tint and quartz were added:

View attachment 77644

Stunning! I'm in the process of blacking out some of the chrome also. Nice work!