Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't take many pictures, mainly b/c they just aren't great, but I'll share anyway. They are in other threads around here, but might as well post them here.

After getting some adjustable lowering links
IMG_20200618_135747.jpg
IMG_20200618_135754.jpg
IMG_20200618_135817.jpg

While out on a road trip from TX to the Grand Canyon and LV.
IMG_20200811_133141.jpg
IMG_20200812_183320.jpg

DIY Plastidip job and front lip installed. Waiting on sideskirts.
IMG_20200903_110128~2.jpg
IMG_20200904_133056.jpg

Close up on the front emblem. I use this as my phone wallpaper and my current forum avatar.
IMG_20200904_133137 (1).jpg

@SnakeDoctorTD You don't take great pictures??? Are you kidding me?? :):)

Your car looks fantastic!!!! I love the new wrap as well. What color is that and how wide are your rear wheels (and are they 20's or 21's)? The stance is perfect.

Haha, thanks man. I think it's more about the car Tesla created that makes the pictures as opposed to my picture taking skills or lack thereof.

It's a spray on product called PlastiDip. This color is called Carbon Red. It's a darker red with metallic properties.

Wheel and tire specs are:
20x10 +25 255/35
20x11 +28 285/30

Haha, thanks man. I think it's more about the car Tesla created that makes the pictures as opposed to my picture taking skills or lack thereof.

It's a spray on product called PlastiDip. This color is called Carbon Red. It's a darker red with metallic properties.

Wheel and tire specs are:
20x10 +25 255/35
20x11 +28 285/30
Yes, the Model S is indeed a stunning car even after 10 years!

I just re-read your original post and noticed the DIY plasti dip comment. I noticed it before but it didn't clue in that you were referring to the car's panels as I've never heard/seen a complete car Plasti Dipped before. Wow, it looks absolutely amazing!!!! How hard was it to apply and what specific brand name product did you get (don't know if that is relevant or not).

The wheels in 20 are best of both worlds - size/comfort/all season tires that last long (as opposed to tires for a 21 inch rim that are only mainly available in Z rated tires which don't last very long). You have fantastic taste! I also got the Nikola chrome delete kit, but am nervous to install it myself.

Reactions: SnakeDoctorTD
Yes, the Model S is indeed a stunning car even after 10 years!

I just re-read your original post and noticed the DIY plasti dip comment. I noticed it before but it didn't clue in that you were referring to the car's panels as I've never heard/seen a complete car Plasti Dipped before. Wow, it looks absolutely amazing!!!! How hard was it to apply and what specific brand name product did you get (don't know if that is relevant or not).

The wheels in 20 are best of both worlds - size/comfort/all season tires that last long (as opposed to tires for a 21 inch rim that are only mainly available in Z rated tires which don't last very long). You have fantastic taste! I also got the Nikola chrome delete kit, but am nervous to install it myself.

So PlastiDip is a relatively forgiving product. This was my 2nd full car dip. My first car actually came out smoother on the entire car. The Tesla has some spots where the product being a little rough (most likely my fault or the weather or both). PlastiDip or similar products have pros and cons compared to vinyl wrap. There's plenty of info out there, so I won't get into it too much here. In short, the finish is not flat as flat and smooth as vinyl. It is a fraction of the price though, and in my opinion is easier to do yourself. Vinyl *can* be done yourself, but I found the learning curve a little bit steeper when getting to complex shapes and parts of a car. I purchased a car kit from dipyourcar.com. They are really helpful. There are other products out there as well though. Raail is one you might want to look into. I am considering that for the next color change.

I very much love the 20" wheels. They tend to look a bit small if you don't get the stance right though. I purchased the car with the 21" turbines. Although I don't have larger series tires on them, they definitely have more tread than the 21's. Tires are cheaper, last longer, not as rough, and still (imo) look great. 21" and 22" still look awesome when done right too.

• Love
Reactions: SilverGS
This is my 2015 MS P85D after some modifications.
Has Tsportline front end with RW carbon splitter, RW carbon rear diffuser and boot lip spoiler. Spacers on all 4 wheels and Unplugged side skirts.
Photos are leave abit to be desired, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• IMG_4306_Original.jpg
    IMG_4306_Original.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 253
  • IMG_4305_Original.jpg
    IMG_4305_Original.jpg
    622.7 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_4303_Original.jpg
    IMG_4303_Original.jpg
    756.4 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_4302_Original.jpg
    IMG_4302_Original.jpg
    826.1 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_4301_Original.jpg
    IMG_4301_Original.jpg
    903.5 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_4300_Original.jpg
    IMG_4300_Original.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 259
I don't take many pictures, mainly b/c they just aren't great, but I'll share anyway. They are in other threads around here, but might as well post them here.

After getting some adjustable lowering links
View attachment 592163 View attachment 592164 View attachment 592165
While out on a road trip from TX to the Grand Canyon and LV.
View attachment 592166 View attachment 592167
DIY Plastidip job and front lip installed. Waiting on sideskirts.
View attachment 592168 View attachment 592169
Close up on the front emblem. I use this as my phone wallpaper and my current forum avatar.
View attachment 592170

Dude, this looks fantastic!

S owners looking to change up the look of their interior--check this out:
We wrapped this S' interior trim pieces in shadow black. Really cool black camo/floral design depending on how you see it. Depending on the color of the interior, it can look really sporty or luxury imo. See what you think.