Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S range and interior update imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the new S overall but disappointed that the Plaid models only come with Carbon fiber trim as an option. Also the your wheel options are now down to ugly but efficient and nice looking but inefficient (21"), I much prefer the old 19" style wheels. I've heard too many horror stories with low profile tires and bent rims going over potholes.

- There will be wraps for the decor (Abstract Ocean, RPM Tesla, etc.)
- T-Sportline will probably come out with the new Arachnid style rim in 19's and 20's + all the other ones they already have available

So no biggy

I bet they did this just to avoid whining from people who missed out on the refresh - expect quick price reduction going forward as people forget about it (3 months?). Can't wait what that does to the resale value of the first batch.

Exactly what I thought.

Didn’t S have a price drop not too long ago ?
Clear out old stock at lower pricing. Launch new mode at higher price. Drop back down later. Like you said.

Thank God... that steering wheel needs all the help it can get! :cool:
If Porsche made this steering wheel a paid option the Bavarian fanbois would be working themselves into a manchild froth over who got the first delivery with the $1795 Alcantara thumb rests, $900 contrast stitching, and $1195 capacitive touch button dynamic ambient lighting package.

Tesla's new steering wheel comes with Autopilot sensor-based drive modes, force touch buttons, and more - Electrek

The vehicle uses its Autopilot sensors to intelligently and automatically determine intended drive modes and select them. For example, if the front of Model S/X is facing a garage wall, it will detect this and automatically shift to Reverse once the driver presses the brake pedal. This eliminates one more step for the drivers of the world’s most intelligent production cars.”

That’s quite a change in the way to operate a car, but Tesla is making sure that people are not too confused about it by adding force touch controls for “Park, Reverse, Neutral, and Drive’ drive modes at the base of the phone charger on the center console.”

I’m not going to trust the car whether to put the car to reverse or drive.

TMC brain trust: Elon said the S/X would always have the latest tech and company innovations but it’s been 3 years now of the poors with their Model 3s and Ys getting all the new tasty sugar!!

Tesla: /Refreshes Model S/X with a bunch of new and innovative tasty sugar

TMC Brain Trust: There’s no WHEEL in that steering wheel! Turn signals have been on stalks for a hundred years! WHAT DO YOU MEAN the car will select gears for me!?! The SIZE OF MY CELLS is still inferior!!! I dunno about you guys, but I’m a 46MM WIDE KINDA GUY!

I love you bitchy ****ers. Real talk.

I’m not going to trust the car whether to put the car to reverse or drive.

Can't wait for the stories "I thought I was in my new Tesla, but was driving my friend home from the bar. I told the Police that I thought the car knows direction we are going."

Talk about over engineering ... user interface design principle: wysiwyg, keep it simple.

For $8k, you get noise cancellation, ventilation seats, additional display, new gaming hardware, faster speed, heated steering, heated windshield, etc. I think it worths it.

According to the specs the active noise cancellation is not yet built in, it is more like FSD, a possibility (perhaps in the far far future?). Heated steering is nothing new. Seats with half the material compared to previously. Display in the rear worth $100. I wouldn't hardly call that bungle worth 8k.

Status
Not open for further replies.