Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S range and interior update imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered in early January (one X and one S). Rep called me before 5p and said price is locked in at the ordered price for both vehicles.

I put down $100 on X a few days ago, but tesla just call me and told me that they can't honor the old price and they are going change my order which will be $8k more expensive ($2k less than $10k increase). Anybody experiencing the same?

I won't be taking the car for $8K more for sure. The "upgrade" seems nice but not worth the $8K.

I put down $100 on X a few days ago, but tesla just call me and told me that they can't honor the old price and they are going change my order which will be $8k more expensive ($2k less than $10k increase). Anybody experiencing the same?

I won't be taking the car for $8K more for sure. The "upgrade" seems nice but not worth the $8K.
I’m guessing this will be most people’s experience. Doesn’t seem like Tesla wants to eat the price difference, so people with existing reservations will have to decide if they want to pay the extra or forgo the purchase entirely. Maybe see if you can find an inventory car for cheaper? If not, then you’re probably out of luck and will either have to downgrade to a Y or maybe go with another brand down the line.

I can confirm that I got an email from my advisor. They also said that they would "Honor the FSD Price" which suggests they will increase it.

Attachments

• IMG_0869.jpg
    IMG_0869.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 133

Oye — I was originally skeptical that the old price would be honored but have since read 2-3 posts of would-be buyers claiming to have been notified otherwise, which was great news! Now this post seemingly saying the opposite.... Before I get too enamored with the new car, I need to find out (definitively) one way or the other....

$2k and the FSD lock-in is a decent offer. Makes sense. The fantasy that people who wagered a hundred bucks two days ago were gonna realize a $10k+ windfall was never gonna happen.

For the record, I wagered my $100 last month but, yeah — I hear ya! When the cost increase exceeded $10k (on a LR) I knew it was too good to be true....a few grand, maybe, but not $10k.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Not sure yet, maybe it has to do with how old the order is. I ordered 1/17 and have not heard anything yet from Tesla (but they also ignore emails from me so that's no surprise). Employee in store said back on 1/20 they would honor price but we know that's worth a grain of salt.

Not sure yet, maybe it has to do with how old the order is. I ordered 1/17 and have not heard anything yet from Tesla (but they also ignore emails from me so that's no surprise). Employee in store said back on 1/20 they would honor price but we know that's worth a grain of salt.
I had to email my sales advisor earlier today about something else and he originally told me that they don’t know everything since the refresh just happened but then I got a follow up email about an hour later once they received guidance. I’d expect a call from your advisor over the next week or so regarding this!

Hmmm I see this on the Tesla site

"With the longest range and quickest acceleration of any electric vehicle in production, Model S is the highest performing sedan ever built. Both Plaid and Long Range powertrains, with updated battery architecture, are capable of back-to-back, consistent 1/4 mile runs."

If they aren't changing batteries what is this new battery architecture? The could have at least went with 2170L...

Status
Not open for further replies.