Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S range and interior update imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard from my source. Quarter 3 for driveline definitely. Model 3 motor type motor in back and AC induction in front. There is other speculation that everyone has covered already so no need for me to fuel any of those fires.

more likely Model 3 motor up front (for efficiency) and induction at back (more power) and unlikely they would touch the motors without changing the battery too. The charging rate differential to the M3 is probably the most important thing to address first.

A fixed magnet motor doesn't make a lot of sense in the performance model, we know that it is a more efficient but less power option for the long range so that seems a very logical next step for at least one of the model s motors. Interior also seems due around then but neither of these changes sound like a game changer. I think the performance S with an updated interior will remain the flagship until at least the model Y, pickup, truck and roadster are out.

By then the S and X will be well overdue, but the roadster will be there flag ship and CUV, SUV and pickup will be the mainstream. So the refresh S not for a couple of years sounds about right!

more likely Model 3 motor up front (for efficiency) and induction at back (more power) and unlikely they would touch the motors without changing the battery too. The charging rate differential to the M3 is probably the most important thing to address first.

Highly unlikely that they would make the Model S a primarily front wheel drive vehicle. (Since you can't 100% torque sleep the M3 PMSR motor like you can an induction one.)

A fixed magnet motor doesn't make a lot of sense in the performance model, we know that it is a more efficient but less power option for the long range so that seems a very logical next step for at least one of the model s motors.

Actually it sort of does, since it has less of a cooling issue such that it can maintain its power for a longer period of time. (The biggest problem the Model S has performance wise.)

E4D6E636-5158-4B0C-B959-0CC3700BCAC2.jpeg
New leaked photos of exterior and interior refresh!!! Amazing stuff. Also has AP3 and 150kw battery.

Pre order now!!!!!

OMG, OMG OMG, OMG, I GOTTA GO GET A TICKET NOW! thanks so much for sharing this! everybody else please don't use these numbers as I really want the largest payout, thanks everyone for your understanding and you will all be invited to the new beach house!

If you win, I better have my own private room at that beach house. And a parking spot!

• Love
Reactions: gilscales
I hope you all realize that SpudLime only provided 5 numbers and not 6. Plus, we have no clue which is the powerball. Ha ha - he fooled everyone!

(SpudLime - please pm me the missing numbers...I won’t tell anyone, promise!)

Of course the question is which lottery? Maybe the numbers are for some obscure lottery somewhere?

Our state lottery is only 5 numbers with no extras

I hope you all realize that SpudLime only provided 5 numbers and not 6. Plus, we have no clue which is the powerball. Ha ha - he fooled everyone!

(SpudLime - please pm me the missing numbers...I won’t tell anyone, promise!)

Of course the question is which lottery? Maybe the numbers are for some obscure lottery somewhere?

Any lottery local to you. If you need an extra number on the end. I sense its 19

:)

Done deal... Tesla is upgrading Model S/X with new, more efficient electric motors

Tesla is working on a new electric motor upgrade for Model S and Model X with a more efficient permanent magnet reluctance system based on the motor Tesla developed for Model 3. As we reported earlier this week, Tesla’s Model S and Model X sales crashed during the first quarter. We noted that the anticipation of a hardware upgrade and a design refresh for those vehicles might be affecting the current demand.

Last year, we reported that Tesla is planning an interior design refresh for the second half of 2019. Now, we’ve learned that Tesla is also planning a powertrain upgrade for Model S and Model X. According to sources familiar with the matter, Tesla started including references to new motors for Model S and Model X in recent software updates. The new electric motors, codenamed ‘Raven’, are permanent magnet reluctance motors, like the ones found in Model 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkS22
Status
Not open for further replies.