Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S range and interior update imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Second half of 2020 is the best intel that I have but @CraZ8 seems to have the best insider knowledge....still, it is Tesla after all, and things are known to change.
I gave up on posting what I heard from my sources because of a number of times Tesla changed course, reprioritized, or put things on hold from week to week or month to month. If I hear something rock solid like with the raven drivetrain I’ll post, otherwise most things I hear come with an expiration date and I don’t want to mislead anyone

+1 For me too!!!! :( Dying for the interior refresh...
I can't wait to see a refresh, but I'm going to be sad when it loses the second display. I know, I know, it's an old argument on these forums, and I love a slick futuristic design just as much as the next guy, also I'm almost certain to still buy it regardless, but do you know what I love the most?

Information. There's only so much you can put on one screen and reliably ingest while hurtling down the road at highway speeds. That's why the Model 3/Y layout has merely an unlabelled line under the speedometer to show instant power use/regen, instead of a graph with values. I just hope it has a lot of new features to make me forget the old ones I'll miss.

I gave up on posting what I heard from my sources because of a number of times Tesla changed course, reprioritized, or put things on hold from week to week or month to month. If I hear something rock solid like with the raven drivetrain I’ll post, otherwise most things I hear come with an expiration date and I don’t want to mislead anyone

Thats why they are called rumors, but that is why this site exists in the first place. We love rumors and speculations right or wrong.

Tesla Model S Plaid Expected To Be Hugely Profitable For Automaker

Hmmm, reading the comment section, some seem set on the Plaid being a new platform and not a present Model S variant.

Will COVID-19 delay the release of PLAID? Is there a place to place pre-orders for PLAID?
Pre orders wouldn't be possible until announcement, and since this would be an update to an existing model, it will probably be available upon announcement.

If anything, I could see this shutdown providing an opportunity to make any adjustments to the line necessary for Plaid drivetrain, updated charging, battery architecture (ie. temp management), and updated interior happen more quickly.

I also believe Elon suggested Plaid would ready by fall, but I think that like the Y, it will come sooner. I imagine a performance model would be more appealing to potential buyers in a lead up to summer months, rather than closer to Winter

Last edited:
Reactions: PhaseWhite
Totally agree on that. Given out the Y actually the S ans X has only little glamour actuall compared to the features you get with a basic MY, so Tesla has to line up something really poisoning to keep buyers attracted, simply adjustable suspension and and a heated steering wheel won’t make it

Totally agree on that. Given out the Y actually the S ans X has only little glamour actuall compared to the features you get with a basic MY, so Tesla has to line up something really poisoning to keep buyers attracted, simply adjustable suspension and and a heated steering wheel won’t make it
Say what?? Glamour? Poisoning? Huh?

Pre orders wouldn't be possible until announcement, and since this would be an update to an existing model, it will probably be available upon announcement.

If anything, I could see this shutdown providing an opportunity to make any adjustments to the line necessary for Plaid drivetrain, updated charging, battery architecture (ie. temp management), and updated interior happen more quickly.

I also believe Elon suggested Plaid would ready by fall, but I think that like the Y, it will come sooner. I imagine a performance model would be more appealing to potential buyers in a lead up to summer months, rather than closer to Winter
with being a required shutdown and Telsla not being defined as an essential business, I doubt that anything is being done for production line processes......software on the other hand could be done from home and modeled on computers......so I doubt changes are being made

green on Twitter Quote:
Further inspection of autopilot board shows that every single bit of model S/X compatibility is completely gone. This could only mean one thing, I suspect. ...
basically we are probably looking at new model S/X unit or something really-really close to it. All that's left is to populate that usb3 header perhaps and plug some cool device into it? ;)

green on Twitter Quote:
Further inspection of autopilot board shows that every single bit of model S/X compatibility is completely gone. This could only mean one thing, I suspect. ...
basically we are probably looking at new model S/X unit or something really-really close to it. All that's left is to populate that usb3 header perhaps and plug some cool device into it? ;)

What one thing is he talking about? And what on the board is incompatible to the S/X?

Status
Not open for further replies.