Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S range and interior update imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pictures make me believe the wireless charger will be where the current phone dock is now, which would be ideal for me. The Taptes insert looks interesting, but not at the expense of losing all of that space below in the center console.
You don’t “lose “the space. It just becomes a bi level space where one can store bulky things like collapsing umbrellas , sunglasses etc. there is still space in the upper tray for things as well as drink holders and there is the handy spring loaded detentes to allow the cover to go halfway back or all the way. I also got a cubby drawer for the space underneath the main screen for all the small Items I need more regularly like tissue, chapstick etc. that would get lost or buried in the lower console. Everything is nicely segregated and compartmentalized now.

I'm waiting for the new interior as well. Great to see Tesla has been "de-contenting" where ever possible like the single screen in the Model 3, etc. Personally I think all these "dodads" in the interior just add weight, add to the price and suck up range. Just pedals, steering wheel and single screen is all that's needed, lose all these bins, consoles, etc., hopefully the refreshed S will follow that theme...

The question is not if but when... I am stuck with my order scheduled to be delivered in May. Want that clean design too. BTW it‘s now 8ys since unveiling the X with the same interior design and orientation.... Unsure if to wait w buying my X after summer holidays? That do You think?

The real question is which will come first, “feature complete FSD” or Model S refresh :D
This is especially ironic since you may get tiny pieces of each periodically over the next five years.
...Just pedals, steering wheel and single screen...
As a minimalist I am mostly with you, as long as the display is vertical and not stuck on the dash. I would still hold out for a heads up display.
...Unsure if to wait w buying my X after summer holidays? That do You think?
I would keep the old X. These are expensive cars. The only reason I bought new was I knew I wanted something later than AP1.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlatSix911
This is especially ironic since you may get tiny pieces of each for the next five years.

As a minimalist I am mostly with you, as long as the display is vertical and not stuck on the dash. I would still hold out for a heads up display.
I would keep the old X. These are expensive cars. The only reason I bought new was I knew I wanted something later than AP1.

Maybe I was misunderstood. We don’t owe an X but have ordered one for delivery in may

I am probably one of the very few who would prefer a horizontal screen in S/X somewhat like the Model 3. I get how the S/X vertical screen looks so nice all recessed into the dash. BUT I really don’t like the distance of eye movement from the road ahead all the way down to the bottom of the screen. With a horizontal screen, much more can be presented within a much smaller change in view angle from the road. As long as the S/X continues to get some separate display on the dash behind the wheel, which could get smaller and still be ok with the left side of that horizontal screen so close as in the 3. Note the patents filed about putting tiny displays in the steering wheel itself, and more controls that are touch-based to eliminate physical switches/rollers.

And I love the vents all the way across in the 3, and the ability to aim them anywhere with software, no old-fashioned louvres.

I suppose once FSD gets really terrific, we will have less worry about looking away from the road. But when we can completely ignore the road I think I would also like the horizontal screen for watching videos;)

Model S and X range updated. Model S range now 390. Model S

More details here... Tesla releases "Long Range Plus" Model S/X with 390/351 mile range, new wheels - Electrek

Tesla has updated their Model S and X offerings with ever-higher range numbers. The cars now have a listed 390 and 351 mile range, up from the previous 373 and 328 miles. In addition, the Model S Long Range Plus now comes standard with the new 19″ tempest wheels. The Model X retains the same 20″/22″ wheel selections as before the update.

Update: It looks like the “Plus” designation is nothing particularly new after all. Tesla CEO Elon Musk said tonight that “All S/X cars made in recent months have actually been above stated EPA range. Will be unlocked soon for free via software update.”

upload_2020-2-14_23-53-44.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.