Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S refresh "MI03"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dig around in here:
https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/js/js_YDQlFmxPQBm-p394w6ZBUMYpmMZr0Rxd3ZCF4_aZ9mE.js

Edit: Un "minify" that JS for better reading

Edit Edit: Full snippet containing what I referenced above:

Code:
            discontinue_MI00_MI01_MI02: {
                markets: ["all"],
                context: ["customer_configurator", "pay_now", "bulk_import", "admin_configurator"],
                price_books: ["2018_MARCH_V2"],
                models: ["ms", "mx"],
                invalid_markets: [],
                super_mapping: [
                    [
                        ["MI00"],
                        ["^MI0"],
                        ["MI03"]
                    ],
                    [
                        ["MI01"],
                        ["^MI0"],
                        ["MI03"]
                    ],
                    [
                        ["MI02"],
                        ["^MI0"],
                        ["MI03"]
                    ]
                ]
            }
        }

I wonder what major revision MI02 was for the X?
Not sure what MI02 meant for Model X. It came into design studio in fall 2016.

For Model S, MI01 was Facelift (MI00 being Pre-Facelift) - this is 100 % certain
Well, the compositor (image generator) is currently configured to display the same images for MI01 and MI03.
The design studio jpg's usually takes some time to update. This happened today or yesterday.

Last edited:
This car with VIN247689 probably got the new MCU2 as it has been reported that Model S cars with VIN 245xxx+ does most likely have the new MCU. This car still got MI01 and is probably built early march and have the new MCU2.
Inventory Search | Tesla

Strange thing is that this Model X got MI03. VIN in the LOW 80's indicate MCU1 for Model X. I think the cut-over for Model X is in the range of 90xxx+ for the new MCU2
Model X 100D 5YJXCDE27JF080956 | Tesla

We need someone to take delivery of a MI03 Model S to see if something is changed. If it is a facelift with e.g. new LED Rear lights, etc then it will be very easy to see :D

• Informative
Reactions: lunitiks and widodh
When did you pick it up? When was it produced?

"MI03" was enabled in design studio today or yesterday

Doesn’t matter when they enabled it, for any option they would change old orders to the new code at some point if they are building them with the new option.

The code does not need to change first in the design studio for cars to be built with the new option.

Doesn’t matter when they enabled it, for any option they would change old orders to the new code at some point if they are building them with the new option.

The code does not need to change first in the design studio for cars to be built with the new option.
Well the code changes do correspond to physical production changes, like autopilot 2.0 and 2.5, no question about it. For instance, August 21, 2017 I called «APH3» on DS and whoopie doo all cars produced since that date is hw2.5.

(Sure if someone with a previous order got manufacturing date after the change they might get the physical update.)

So I dont get your point.

Well the code changes do correspond to physical production changes, like autopilot 2.0 and 2.5, no question about it. For instance, August 21, 2017 I called «APH3» on DS and whoopie doo all cars produced since that date is hw2.5.

(Sure if someone with a previous order got manufacturing date after the change they might get the physical update.)

So I dont get your point.

Point is that even though the design studio changed it yesterday cars produced and delivered can have that option since a while. Which seems to be the case due to whitex having a car with that option code. So when the design studio changes it is irrelevant really.

• Funny
Reactions: lunitiks