Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Spotted in Ohio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given the front fenders are confirmed to be physically wider, I doubt it.

Confirmed?? LOL. Source? After extensive research from Google Images, the fenders are the same. It is confirmed that the refreshed S is a foot longer so you can load a tandem bike in the back without taking the wheels off.
8549E4A2-50E6-4154-AF48-609B089F6D20.jpeg
4D3D681B-ED45-45D3-9109-3955ED4F73EA.jpeg
C3754015-12E4-4384-A126-70155233DD70.jpeg

Somebody posted an overlay photo of the refresh and the pre-refresh models and it did show a slight widening of the front. I cannot find it so if someone knows where it is, please repost.
If they are going to go through the time, effort and cost to slightly widen the car, I would think they would have included others distinguishing factors. I am more inclined to believe that an external refresh will occur at a later date so we will have reason to buy again. It’s going to get really competitive in the next few years and Musk no doubt has a plan.

Confirmed?? LOL. Source? After extensive research from Google Images, the fenders are the same. It is confirmed that the refreshed S is a foot longer so you can load a tandem bike in the back without taking the wheels off. View attachment 637826 View attachment 637827 View attachment 637828
The new one is definitely wider since the configuration shows it has wider front tires 255 or 265 to be exact. Pre FL model S could not fit a 255 without a lot of rubbing

It not surprise me to have them do it for a fraction of an inch. We do not know why they did it - it could be to package hardware or suspension changes or the shown tires. Tesla did not, unfortunately, ask us to be in their design meetings so we cannot be sure what they are thinking.

It not surprise me to have them do it for a fraction of an inch. We do not know why they did it - it could be to package hardware or suspension changes or the shown tires. Tesla did not, unfortunately, ask us to be in their design meetings so we cannot be sure what they are thinking.
Probably a mix of all of those reasons why they widened the car and track. I’m assuming the plaid models will benefits mostly from this widened track the most, maybe they’ll finally have a different suspension set up compared to the LR.

I must've missed this as I don't recall actual confirmation that the fenders are wider other than speculation from spy pics.

Confirmed?? LOL. Source? After extensive research from Google Images, the fenders are the same. It is confirmed that the refreshed S is a foot longer so you can load a tandem bike in the back without taking the wheels off.

This is what I was remembering as confirmation. Upon reading it again I suppose there’s some ambiguity as to what they’re actually claiming, but this combined with the photoshop overlays people have done have convinced me it seems to be true (I was also quite skeptical when the first spy pics came out).

747FFECA-F09A-4FBB-B797-1BBBDDF0D835.jpeg

If the test vehicle has a normal wheel at this stage there's no way it's not going to production. They aren't gonna YOLO a completely new production drive control in 2 weeks.

I was wondering about that, too. Isn't it a bit late to testing a car this far from what we believe will be the released version? I would expect a prototype like this to be tested in quantity for many months before release. But maybe the changes aren't big enough to require safety tests, weather testing, etc.?

Reactions: VikH
This is what I was remembering as confirmation. Upon reading it again I suppose there’s some ambiguity as to what they’re actually claiming, but this combined with the photoshop overlays people have done have convinced me it seems to be true (I was also quite skeptical when the first spy pics came out).

View attachment 637833

@ucmndd Thanks for sharing. The damn thing is wider now... :)

Just to note in the article they said they were unsure if its a LR or Plaid model, and I think its a Plaid bc of the aluminum pedal set. A little odd they call the acceleration mode Insane and not plaid, maybe its still very early pre-production