Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it just me, even though I have reserved my car, I feel jealus everytime I see someone else do it!?

It's weird...
Same as Robert: Feels like I`ve made the right choice. Regret that I did not discover Tesla earlier though. Almost noone has heard of Tesla, so only those of us with special interrest in electric cars have seen what`s coming.
Had reservations dropped from 20 a day in Q1 2012 to i.e. 10 a day in Q3 it would have been proof that something`s wrong. But the reality is that reservations per day has doubled and keep rising, and Tesla uses litteraly no money on advertising!

As we live in tiny Norway with 5 million inhabitants, we need good sales to put pressure on Tesla to deploy the supercharger-network asap :) So we need to convince more norwegians to reserve!

not much sun up there .... but of course I hope you get a water powered supercharger network ;)

Well, superchargers here would be. From wikipedia: "Over 99% of the electricity production in mainland Norway is covered by hydropower plants. The total production of electricity from hydropower plants amounted to 135.3 TWh in 2007". Jealous? ;)

Well, superchargers here would be. From wikipedia: "Over 99% of the electricity production in mainland Norway is covered by hydropower plants. The total production of electricity from hydropower plants amounted to 135.3 TWh in 2007". Jealous? ;)

right - I know the numbers, with this landscape it is a nobrainer to get the power from there ;) I have been to Norway last year and I liked it :) we even managed to get 2 sunny days in Bergen :) Unfortuanately we had bad weather when we wanted to visit the Preikestolen

353 people either cancelled, switched to regular production or switched to Model X.
So, if there were Sig cancels why are they now moving people into their vacant slots? Tesla said that Sig orders were closed as of the end of August I thought.
So just like we Ps were never told about the Rs that are apparently getting preferential build treatment (even though they didn't put down any extra deposit or pay any premium), now we're dealing with having people behind us getting the opportunity to jump into cancelled or defered Sig slots? This is getting really ridiculous. I've had a deposit in since early August, 2009 and I find it pretty insulting to see Tesla slipping in Rs and now last minute Sigs. I never heard anything from Tesla until a week or so ago about the Rs and that they have preferential build treatment. In fact I had been told the opposite.

So, if there were Sig cancels why are they now moving people into their vacant slots? Tesla said that Sig orders were closed as of the end of August I thought.
So just like we Ps were never told about the Rs that are apparently getting preferential build treatment (even though they didn't put down any extra deposit or pay any premium), now we're dealing with having people behind us getting the opportunity to jump into cancelled or defered Sig slots? This is getting really ridiculous. I've had a deposit in since early August, 2009 and I find it pretty insulting to see Tesla slipping in Rs and now last minute Sigs. I never heard anything from Tesla until a week or so ago about the Rs and that they have preferential build treatment. In fact I had been told the opposite.
Hold up.

Everyone knew there would be 1,000 US Signature vehicles, and that's what there'll be. Filling cancelled slots doesn't put more people ahead of us. We "P" folks not only had a chance to be on that list initially, but we had a chance to join a waiting list. So, there's nothing wrong here.

With respect to the R reservations, I understood when I signed up that there was a "friends and family" promotion that put these people at the front of the line, too. I'm used to customer loyalty perks, and I think they are entirely appropriate, so I was unsurprised that Tesla had a program like this, too.

Hold up.

Everyone knew there would be 1,000 US Signature vehicles, and that's what there'll be. Filling cancelled slots doesn't put more people ahead of us. We "P" folks not only had a chance to be on that list initially, but we had a chance to join a waiting list. So, there's nothing wrong here.

With respect to the R reservations, I understood when I signed up that there was a "friends and family" promotion that put these people at the front of the line, too. I'm used to customer loyalty perks, and I think they are entirely appropriate, so I was unsurprised that Tesla had a program like this, too.

Yes, we knew there were supposed to be 1000 Sigs. However, I'm fairly certain that we were also told that Sig orders were closed as of the end of August. And as far as the Rs are concerned concerned I don't know how you knew about that. I certainly was never made aware that there was an R program where people getting in much later than us could get onto the front of the line (other than the Sigs). I also just recently found out that there is a supposed Sig wait list. And when I did find out about the Rs I was told more than once by Tesla reps that this was just a designation for the front of the GP sequnce numbers and that the P numbers did NOT start over again after the R numbers. My point through all this is that Tesla has been much less than forthright and consistent in their communications to those of us that have been in the game for over three years now, and we deserve better.

Yes, we knew there were supposed to be 1000 Sigs. However, I'm fairly certain that we were also told that Sig orders were closed as of the end of August. And as far as the Rs are concerned concerned I don't know how you knew about that. I certainly was never made aware that there was an R program where people getting in much later than us could get onto the front of the line (other than the Sigs). I also just recently found out that there is a supposed Sig wait list. And when I did find out about the Rs I was told more than once by Tesla reps that this was just a designation for the front of the GP sequnce numbers and that the P numbers did NOT start over again after the R numbers. My point through all this is that Tesla has been much less than forthright and consistent in their communications to those of us that have been in the game for over three years now, and we deserve better.

Teslasguy, I'm P1577 so not far behind you. Tesla announced that the 1000 sig slots were filled, but never said that people on a waiting list wouldn't get bumped up if there were cancellations/downgrades/crossgrades.

I also understood Rs to come before Ps until recently, when I thought I heard that Ps and Rs were interleaved. At the same time, rumors travel quickly here at TMC.com and this entire forum is like a giant game of telephone...so it's hard to take anything said here too seriously.

Roadster Friends and Family. Referrals from Roadster owners.

Just to clarify, because you are seeing slightly different definitions... Roadster Friends and Family originally meant that a Roadster owner could designate a family member or friend to get the preferential slot. However that policy changed fairly early on so that only the Roadster owner him/herself could get the preferential slot.

(For some reason any time there's a policy like this they always cancel it before I can make use of it. I didn't get the $10,000 Roadster discount. Couldn't get a friend on the R list either.)