Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 10627 just U.S.A. reservations per day.

What a great graph. Thank you.

And in the TMC tradition of never being satified, it should be seperated out in reigons and include deliveries (to see how they affect sales).

Just kidding.

- - - Updated - - -

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Robert.Boston viewpost-right.png
To sell 20k cars each year, the worldwide reservation rate needs to be about 58/day (allowing for 5% drop rate). If the US is 75% of the market, that would mean about 43/day. That looks realistic, under the plausible assumption that the reservation rate will increase as more Model S hit the road, the wait time shortens, and positive press continues.

Also the increase in the number of stores. I think they have like 16ish open in the U.S. and are going to ~25ish in just a few months. For my part I think Tesla will have little trouble generating the sales they need.

But you have to subtact the pent-up purchasers. Those who have been waiting their whole lives for this car. (or even since the Roadster of they heard of the Leaf)
Point is the Volt and Leaf have used up those anxious early adoptors and are now giving great deals to keep the sales flowing.

Point is the Volt and Leaf have used up those anxious early adoptors and are now giving great deals to keep the sales flowing.
But for the S, there are many times that many early adopters who just don't yet know that they are because they haven't seen one yet, or even heard/read much/anything about it.
Capisce?
:wink::cool:

But you have to subtact the pent-up purchasers. Those who have been waiting their whole lives for this car. (or even since the Roadster of they heard of the Leaf)
Point is the Volt and Leaf have used up those anxious early adoptors and are now giving great deals to keep the sales flowing.[/QUOTE]

I'm following Tesla since four years, have bought a Nissan Leaf one year ago, but now I reserved a Model S (Switzerland, Europe, P1370):cool:. We will purchase the Tesla together with my son for longer distances. While we use two cars, one can be used for daily use and short distances, one for longer travels.

After having finally been in a Model S today, my belief is that there are approximately 1 million "pent-up purchasers" with the financial means to buy the MS; they just don't yet know it! I have no concerns that Tesla is just working off a bubble of demand, and I think this confidence is supported by the accelerating reservation rate.

After having finally been in a Model S today, my belief is that there are approximately 1 million "pent-up purchasers" with the financial means to buy the MS; they just don't yet know it! I have no concerns that Tesla is just working off a bubble of demand, and I think this confidence is supported by the accelerating reservation rate.

Are you thinking 1 million in the US?

Norway...population around 5,000,000 & 1400 + Model S reservations...great job, you guys are gettin' it done! :smile:

Actually, we share the numbers with all of Europe. There are no official numbers divided per country or region of the EU reservations. However, GeorgeB has said that Norway is one of Tesla's most important markets outside of North America.

Actually, we share the numbers with all of Europe. There are no official numbers divided per country or region of the EU reservations. However, GeorgeB has said that Norway is one of Tesla's most important markets outside of North America.

You shouldn't have told them that. :p

Anyways, last I heard In some news article a Tesla representative quoted somewhere over 400 reservations in Norway alone. That was In July I think.

On the other hand, while the rest if Europe has to pay sales tax and a small registration fee on the S, In Norway we have incentives to make sure we pay no tax, superlow registration fee (american style) and a super low road tax. This Makes the S supercheap for us compared to other cars, and we will pay less than other European countries. Me like!

_____
Tapatalkin' from iTalatut.

You shouldn't have told them that. :p

Anyways, last I heard In some news article a Tesla representative quoted somewhere over 400 reservations in Norway alone. That was In July I think.

On the other hand, while the rest if Europe has to pay sales tax and a small registration fee on the S, In Norway we have incentives to make sure we pay no tax, superlow registration fee (american style) and a super low road tax. This Makes the S supercheap for us compared to other cars, and we will pay less than other European countries. Me like!
_____
Tapatalkin' from iTalatut.
Yet another momentum in the equation is that ICE vehicles has super high tax, especially high powered (in HP), heavy (by weight), and high CO2 values. For EV's there's no tax whatsoever (so far). Of course CO2 wouldn't count anyway :biggrin:.

So when the American marked is comparing the TMS Perf. with a BMW M5 which is in the same price range in the US, the M5 is about tripple the price here. Generally (normal) ICE vehicles are about 2 x the price of the general European marked prizes.

So if some people look at the TMS as a no-brainer in the US, well, I rest my case.
Did I mention that 1 gallon of gas is approx. USD 10,-?
On top of this there's free toll roads and ferries for EV's. I certainly hope the politicians continue along the same line, at least until I get my TMS Performance (and the X Performance maybe?).
First half of 2012 the number of EV's sold on the Norwegian market was about 2.5% (not 0.25%). Unfortunately our total market is more or less negligible.

Oreo

Yet another momentum in the equation is that ICE vehicles has super high tax, especially high powered (in HP), heavy (by weight), and high CO2 values. For EV's there's no tax whatsoever (so far). Of course CO2 wouldn't count anyway :biggrin:.

So when the American marked is comparing the TMS Perf. with a BMW M5 which is in the same price range in the US, the M5 is about tripple the price here. Generally (normal) ICE vehicles are about 2 x the price of the general European marked prizes.

So if some people look at the TMS as a no-brainer in the US, well, I rest my case.
Did I mention that 1 gallon of gas is approx. USD 10,-?
On top of this there's free toll roads and ferries for EV's. I certainly hope the politicians continue along the same line, at least until I get my TMS Performance (and the X Performance maybe?).
First half of 2012 the number of EV's sold on the Norwegian market was about 2.5% (not 0.25%). Unfortunately our total market is more or less negligible.

Oreo

If you guys can just be a proof of concept that we can point doubters to you will have done more than your fair share.