Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you guys can just be a proof of concept that we can point doubters to you will have done more than your fair share.

Yes, Norway could be a shining example of the potential of EVs. However, naysayers might still point to the size of the country when compared to the US and the fact that Norway ironically is a huge exporter of oil.

.....the fact that Norway ironically is a huge exporter of oil.
Bechause not everyone in the world can afford an electric car :) Poor countries will always be interrested in outdated products, like oil..... On the other hand, sinking demand could result in lower gas prices in the future :)
A country that rely on exporting oil but still work hard to get people to buy EVs (EVs share of total sales was 5,6% last month!) is worth a closer look.

At the moment about 1 in every 10.000 Norwegian has reserved a Model S. A car that almost noone has seen or heard about. Tesla seriously need to increase production volume......

Btw: this graph shows reservations. 45 average per day is used for Q4. Reservations has been as high as 55 per day, but Q3 and Q4 numbers are obviously unofficial and are based on reported reservation numbers.

121023_reservations_zps5e04fc38.jpg

Last edited:
Taking the jaggies out: from 25Jul12 to 23Oct12, the reservation rate has been 25.7/day (9270/year). Starting at 9Sep12 instead doesn't change the numbers much: 26.0/day (9498/year).

But it`s much more interresting to se recent development in reservation numbers as the Model S is no longer a dream, it`s an actual car that has hit the streets.
From this thread:
Net Total: 13,725 - October 9, 2012*
Net Total: 14,031 - October 16, 2012*
Average of about 43 reservations per day, globally.

Up from about 20 per day in Q1 2012 according to shareholders letter.

Well, I posted this at the official Tesla forum as well, but I received my reservation number today. It's #1433, Europe, Norway. Hoping for delivery in August, though July would of course be even better. Now, if only I knew what I'll have to pay for this car.

Velkommen skal du være! Da er du 10 biler bak meg!

I am guesstimating October for my P1418, so that I rather get a big summer surprise!

Now we need to get the prices soon, so I can figure out at what time I need to sell my Saab. I figure the Saab (2009 9-3 SC) will take a while to sell, so we might sell it early and get a cheap Volvo S40 or something as a substitute to free funds.

_____
Tapatalkin' from iTalatut.

New member here, I just ordered the Model S this morning.

Reservation Sequence # 13,064. Ordered from the Dania Beach store.

Quick question: I heard they are building the 85kw cars first. How do they know who is getting the 85kw? I didn't need to enter my config yet but plan on getting a fully loaded performance.

New member here, I just ordered the Model S this morning.

Reservation Sequence # 13,064. Ordered from the Dania Beach store.

Quick question: I heard they are building the 85kw cars first. How do they know who is getting the 85kw? I didn't need to enter my config yet but plan on getting a fully loaded performance.

Welcome! That only applies most likely to cars this year and maybe early next year. Since you would likely get your car next summer, they should already have been delivering all versions of the battery pack at that time.

You only need to pick which pack and options you'll take when they send you the email to configure your car and finalize your order.