Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reporting 2013 reservation

Any new ones out there? Who'll be the first to post a 2013 reservation?

Happy to report that I reserved mine on 1/2/2013. #17918

I got aware of the Model S pretty late last year. And when I walked into their store in SoCal, the manager described me everything about the car, except the impending price increase coming in a week. Returned after my christmas vacation in the new year and realized the price was up. Ended up reserving on 1/2/2013. Did try to talk to the Tesla customer relations about a retroactive credit or something as the store manager didn't mention it on my visit. No luck.

I got aware of the Model S pretty late last year. And when I walked into their store in SoCal, the manager described me everything about the car, except the impending price increase coming in a week. Returned after my christmas vacation in the new year and realized the price was up. Ended up reserving on 1/2/2013. Did try to talk to the Tesla customer relations about a retroactive credit or something as the store manager didn't mention it on my visit. No luck.
Congrats on the reservation, it's a fantastic vehicle!

Talk about a no pressure sale!

19,090 does seem out of step with the going rate. I would like to see some more confirming posts with reservations in the 19,000+ sequence.
I agree but reservations are starting up again after price increase glad to see. Of course anyone considering it did so before the first of the year which sped up reservations at expense of January tally. However we are beyond price increase and it will not hold back future converts. As 30 k approach would not be surprised to see another price increase

I agree but reservations are starting up again after price increase glad to see. Of course anyone considering it did so before the first of the year which sped up reservations at expense of January tally. However we are beyond price increase and it will not hold back future converts. As 30 k approach would not be surprised to see another price increase

I don't see a price increase until after the X is out. (or longer)
Reservations should go up with all of the test rides and drives being given out by new owners!
Being actually able to see and feel the car makes a big difference to many a person.

Replying to myself. I got my finalize email today, and it says delivery April-May for red, or if I go with white it says delivery Feb-March! That's much sooner than expected!

13,850 - for a 60, 85? If I had to make that decision I'm not sure what I would do. I thought I had settled on blue, but Tersla's blue is very dark. While I think the Tesla looks great in White, that's the color of my current car. Red was next my choice. Argh.

A

Invitation to configure

Just received my invitation to configure earlier today. I am #13,541 and have a red 85 KW design in my Tesla online garage. Was not expecting to get this invitation so soon. Will be thinking a lot about this in the coming weeks. I am considering changing to a 40KW battery. I am worried about rapidly evolving batteries that make the current ones obsolete in just a few years. Then I will want new lighter more efficient and longer life batteries, but I will feel stuck with an $80K car that is now old technology. I own a 2011 Zero Motorcycle, that I dearly love, but it is really old technology when compared to the 2013 models and as a result the older bike is almost worthless, so I will run keep it until I get my $10K of value.

On the other hand, if I don't go for the 85KW, road trips in the Tesla and super charging with solar will be out of the question. My general experience is that going with the lowest end of the offering is usually a mistake that I later regret.

What to do?

I put in my reservation early in the morning on 1/7. #18,062. Can't wait!

Congratulations!

Also thank you, this is the first post New Year's reservation # I've seen with a time attached. Morning of 1/7 means it is 6 full days since New Year's and the last reservation# at 11:43pm 12/31 was 18,749. That means during what we expect to be the slowest week of the New Year with most people reserving prior to 12/31 - Tesla still managed 35 reservations/day in the US. I would imagine they will be back up over 60/day US by the end of the month.

I'm sure the 19xxx sequence # was a mistake.

Just received my invitation to configure earlier today. I am #13,541 and have a red 85 KW design in my Tesla online garage. Was not expecting to get this invitation so soon. Will be thinking a lot about this in the coming weeks. I am considering changing to a 40KW battery. I am worried about rapidly evolving batteries that make the current ones obsolete in just a few years. Then I will want new lighter more efficient and longer life batteries, but I will feel stuck with an $80K car that is now old technology. I own a 2011 Zero Motorcycle, that I dearly love, but it is really old technology when compared to the 2013 models and as a result the older bike is almost worthless, so I will run keep it until I get my $10K of value.

On the other hand, if I don't go for the 85KW, road trips in the Tesla and super charging with solar will be out of the question. My general experience is that going with the lowest end of the offering is usually a mistake that I later regret.

What to do?
Depends on how long you plan on keeping the car?
5-10 years? How many road trips you usually take?

Id go with the 85kwh battery, there will always be new technology coming just around the corner. The best you can do is buy the best at this time, and a few years down the road trade it in for the latest and greatest, but waiting for the futures best does not work, you'll just end up waiting.....

What to do?

If you can afford it, buy the 85kW. You'll have more power, range, flexibility, and resale value will be better.

What to do?
Daveruns-
In a technology based world, everyone is constantly confronted with the same problem. In the past, its been smartphones, computers and audio equipment. Now , thanks to Tesla we are confronted with this problem again--this time its automobiles. There are new battery technologies on the horizon but its anyone guess as to when something new will make the MS "obsolete". New materials, new chemistry, super capacitors etc. ---its never ending. That being said, the model S is a technology "tour de force". My best guess is that it will take some time to over run the current platform with something substantially better. Bottom line--you only live once---go for it--you will be glad you did. The 85 KW car is absolutely amazing.