Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,
Glad to be on the forum...been over at the TeslaMotors official site for awhile but this one seems to be a lot more active!
Anyways just wanted to share that I live in New Zealand and we placed our Model S reservation through the Australian store back in late July 2012...we were given P35...not sure if this is an Australian/New Zealand wide number or a New Zealand specific number? What tally do you guys have so far for this region of the world?

I guess the reservation numbers we had been hearing previously were US specific reservations...and I guess those are some where near 16,500 now?
Any idea on a worldwide number yet? I was hoping they would sell out 2013 production before the end of the year in terms of worldwide reservations...would be good to hand that bit of info over to the Tesla nay-sayers before New Year's.

All the best!

Welcome teddyg
reservations are updated on a regular basis in the first post of this thread.5747-Model-S-Reservation-Tally

Hi guys,
Glad to be on the forum...been over at the TeslaMotors official site for awhile but this one seems to be a lot more active!
Anyways just wanted to share that I live in New Zealand and we placed our Model S reservation through the Australian store back in late July 2012...we were given P35...not sure if this is an Australian/New Zealand wide number or a New Zealand specific number? What tally do you guys have so far for this region of the world?

I guess the reservation numbers we had been hearing previously were US specific reservations...and I guess those are some where near 16,500 now?
Any idea on a worldwide number yet? I was hoping they would sell out 2013 production before the end of the year in terms of worldwide reservations...would be good to hand that bit of info over to the Tesla nay-sayers before New Year's.

All the best!

TM Forums are a ghost town compared to TMC. Most of their users are here also, but the opposite is definitely not the case. Other than the non-public aspect of the company forums they have zero appeal to me.

Thanks Capitalist...good to be here...I had heard of this forum before but had no idea the depth of discussion going on here...I feel like a lot of my Tesla questions will be answered here.
Any idea why Roadster numbers are included in this tally? Thought this was just about Model S here?

Cheers

Any idea why Roadster numbers are included in this tally? Thought this was just about Model S here?

Cheers

They aren't. For the tally, it is. I think you're mixing up the Roadster owner with the (R) Roadster owner who is buying a Model S. They were given a jump in line over general (P) production people for their early and continued support of the company.

S = Signature Series (Model S)
SSL = Signature Special List (Model S)
R = Roadster Owner/Friends and Family
P = General Production (Model S)

They aren't. For the tally, it is. I think you're mixing up the Roadster owner with the (R) Roadster owner who is buying a Model S. They were given a jump in line over general (P) production people for their early and continued support of the company.

S = Signature Series (Model S)
SSL = Signature Special List (Model S)
R = Roadster Owner/Friends and Family
P = General Production (Model S)

I think that many (or all) of the Roadster owners also got a discount on their Model S purchase. But as Grendal says, the (R) Roadster references you see in this tally are folks who purchased a Roadster and are now purchasing a Model S, but they are broken out in the tally because they come after the Signatures and before the Production customers. Of course many (most?) Roadster owners who reserved a Model S got an (S) or (SSL) and so are listed under those categories.

Expect to see decrease in reservation rate for a month or so. People on fence reserving now to avoid price increase however uncertainty in fiscal cliff could hold some back and if settled may give confidence to reserve.

A chance for TM to catch its breath, and maybe reduce the order overhang a bit! I guesstimate that unfilled orders will be about 15K at y/e, and production will need to outpace reservations for a while to shrink that. Assuming a 2-shift operation, though, 15K could be produced in 4-5 mo at full bore, so it's going to be a fascinating to-and-fro for some time!

Reservations in chart form

It would be great to see an update of this graph for the last couple weeks!

Here is a five data point moving average + trend line

image.tiff

What's the guess on reservations that will be made today, 12/31, before the Tesla price increase? If you reserved really late at night on the 30th, or really early this morning of the 31st, let us know # and time so we can try to hazard a guess. I'm thinking 250 reservations today!

Just placed my order for a 2nd Model S at 5:30pm EST 12/31/2012; sequence # 17,649.

I'll only be keeping one car but I placed a 2nd reservation because I don't want to take the residual risk on this car so therefore I can only lease. I'm assuming at this point that my reservation# 13,064 will need to be finalized prior to the lease option availability.

BTW I placed my order for #13,064 on Oct 24. So there have been 4585 reservations in the US over the past 68 days - 67.5/day just in the US!

Last edited:
Also planning to lease, so reserved online on the last day of the year, #17,711 at 6:37pm EST. That's 62 reservations in 67 minutes -- the last minute rush before the price increase! (Will be dropping #4,491.)

Just placed my order for a 2nd Model S at 5:30pm EST 12/31/2012; sequence # 17,649.

I'll only be keeping one car but I placed a 2nd reservation because I don't want to take the residual risk on this car so therefore I can only lease. I'm assuming at this point that my reservation# 13,064 will need to be finalized prior to the lease option availability.

BTW I placed my order for #13,064 on Oct 24. So there have been 4585 reservations in the US over the past 68 days - 67.5/day just in the US!