Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy New Year Tesla! You received 177 US orders in 4:58! 35/hr.! How many hours had this pace, 12, 16? Maybe over 500 orders 12/31.

Meh. It's impressive, but I have to assume most of these orders were happening anyways, which should result in slightly depressed sales for the next month or two.

In contrast, maintaining a U.S. reservation rate of 67+ cars per day over the past two months knocks my socks off.

It would not surprise me if many reservations are canceled in the future. Many people that want a Tesla but defered a prior reservation for whatever reason (such as wanting to lease the car, want certain options not yet announced, etc.) indicated that they would obtain another reservation to maximize their "extension" (there having been talk that the defered reservations would get the email to finalize in the beginning of the year). This being the case, these people will ultimately cancel one of the reservation.

Trying to be the last?
Congratulations!

Indeed, did my best. I had a reservation 10,268. As referenced a few times in this thread, I am one of the reservation holders who wasn't ready to take delivery yet, so I am adding some optionality to the process. Currently my weekly driver from Dallas to Houston is 240 miles, with 75 mph speed limits I don't think the 85 kwh makes it all the way. Waiting for plans for the supercharger to be announced for Texas.

Last American data entry was taken on the 30th since week 52 ends on the 29th. New years eve data belongs to "week 53" or "week 1" on 2013.

american.PNG

european.PNG

Placed reservation on 12/30/12. Model S, Res #17,306. :smile:
Expect a quiet period now. Anyone thinking of it has placed reservation already with price increase. Would expect new demand to start picking up next month with people seeing the car on the road. Also reports of them selling and delivering cars will quiet fears of company not making it and availability of service

I saw a reservation yesterday in person... so at least 1 in 2013.

Also, the massive number of 12/31 reservations likely includes a lot of secondary reservations. This will likely just inflate the numbers and shorten the wait for earlier reservations.... this dual reservation idea actually may backfire. Someone in another thread said they got a finalize email for their 12/31 reservation already. That would really be a slap in the face for the ones trying to dual reserve. He sounded like a troll, but if he was legit, maybe his reservation was a dual reservation and his othere already had a finalize email which hadn't been responded to so Tesla put his second one in finalize as well... Perhaps it's tesla's way of not playing that game. Either way, if he is legit, it's not ggood for those who had try to use that idea...

It might be strange to those of us who follow the forums excessively, but I'm sure there are people newly becoming aware of the Model S all the time and deciding to reserve without even being aware the price just went up. However, these people are unlikely to post to a forum such as this.

It might be strange to those of us who follow the forums excessively, but I'm sure there are people newly becoming aware of the Model S all the time and deciding to reserve without even being aware the price just went up. However, these people are unlikely to post to a forum such as this.

I disagree with your last statement. When I made my reservation, I was told specifically by one of the Tesla reps about the forum. That's when I first joined. Other reps in other stores have mentioned it to me since that date as well.

It may just boil down to personality: Are reservation holders people who participate in discussion forums (any type) or not?