Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Video is uploading. It will be live here in ~2 hours: Tesla Model S 1.17.50 (v4) Update - YouTube

Is there a sticky or someplace where all your YouTube pieces are listed with URL's. I've watched them as they've come out (and thanks!) but have a buddy who just picked up his car and has not participated in any of the forums. Like to be able point him to someplace that lists your stuff. A search in YouTube comes up with to much random stuff.

Thanks.

Didn't get a video of it or time it -- but I followed my routine for work in the morning minus removing the charge cable as I left it disconnected overnight. So I walked up to the car (which unlocked and auto-presented the handles), opened the rear door and dumped my laptop and coat in the back. Closed rear door, opened driver door, got in, buckled up, and got comfortable. In that time, both screens had just fully booted.

am i recalling correctly, is the algorithm such that in powersave mode the system goes into low power/longer startup time only after two hours of no activity? so that you can be in powersave mode but if you're running around doing little errands, the startup time is as it was, nearly instantaneous, for that kind of use, but after an evening in the garage it will be in long startup time? if so, that sounds pretty perfect.

and, great and helpful vids as always, ben, thanks.

am i recalling correctly, is the algorithm such that in powersave mode the system goes into low power/longer startup time only after two hours of no activity? so that you can be in powersave mode but if you're running around doing little errands, the startup time is as it was, nearly instantaneous, for that kind of use, but after an evening in the garage it will be in long startup time? if so, that sounds pretty perfect.
Yes, that is correct.

Just talked with a buddy who picked up his P-104(?) last Thursday, 11/28 at Fremont. I picked up my P83 the same day, but later on. We both live in the North Bay. I received my upload the morning of 11/30. He has been told his isn't scheduled until next week. Go figure. Starting to sound like a complete random draw.

Firmware 117.50: New Features

So, I got 117.50 this morning.

It has a couple of nice things over the previous version:

1. Release Notes - You tap on the Tesla. It shows you the version. It shows you what improved/changed. Pretty much the rest of this stuff here is found in the Release Notes but if you don't have a car yet . . .
2. Vehicle Sleep - The software defaults to sleeping the screens but gives you the option. The screens will sleep 2 hours after everything else turns off. Screens will take a moment to load if you do this but it saves power.
3. App Launcher - Apps can be flung into the top or bottom window now when you click them in the app bar. Simply hold the app down and move it. You can also use this to move an app up or down the screen.
4. Voice Commands - Hold the phone button until you hear a tone. The speak and release when finished. Only a few commands: Listen to ..., Play ..., Drive to . . ., Navigate to . . ., Where is . . ., Call . . ., Dial . . .
5. Auto presenting handles - The door handles pop out automatically as you walk up or open when you double click the dongle key in the center. You can disable this.
6. Alarm - Turn off or turn on an alarms that sounds if non-standard opening occurs.
7. Metric - You can now switch between metric and non-metric. Affects multiple menus/displays.
8. Range mode driving - Option that turns off climate control and activates seat warmers to conserve power.
9. Sync'd Door Handles - Door handles move in unison. Previously, one might remain out.
10. USB Media Browsing - Browse by folder.
11. Alpha index - A bar that allows you to move quickly to a letter in your media. Speeds finding that song.
12. Call from Maps - If a location has a phone number in google maps, you can now call it by tapping the screen.
13. Steering Wheel Controls - The left part of the screen now has the option to control the climate, fan speed, display brightness, sunroof, and music source.
14. Location aware homelink - It now knows if you are home. Commands will not work away from home. The homelink icon is displayed in green when you are in range.
15. Energy App - Now shhows rated and ideal. Rated means what it thinks you can get the way you drive. Ideal is the ideal world range @ 55, no heat, etc.
16. Throttle response is improved. More torque more rapidly.

Tried out 1-15. Will try out 16 later.

Voice commands need work. They do only half of the steps. Still an advancement and it will clearly be refined.
USB Media and sync'd media need a favorite album button instead of just favorite song. Likely to come.

I tried 16. :biggrin: - catch me if you can - 0-40 :scared:

So, I think I mentioned that the trip screen is different. I liked the 'timline' projected and ideal that showed the spread for long trip driving. Doesn't matter much locally or if you have <200 miles of driving to do (you can do that really hard and still be at 450 Wh /mi). The new style does have better selection choices so you have more flexibility with the graph of power use. You still have ideal miles (based on kWh available) and now there is projected (5, 15, 30 mi) or instantaneous. I think there was no way to see a 5 mi or 15 mi projected before which has been added and is nice

Last edited:
I tried 16. :biggrin: - catch me if you can - 0-40 :scared:

AVERAGING 45-500 Wh/mi?!?! Egads, man!! I hope the novelty wears off soon or you'll be paying so much extra in speeding tickets that you'll wish you only had to pay for gas again! :wink::biggrin:

Seriously, what's your projected range look like at those speeds? I'd imagine on a full battery you'd be below 200 miles to start the day.

AVERAGING 45-500 Wh/mi?!?! Egads, man!! I hope the novelty wears off soon or you'll be paying so much extra in speeding tickets that you'll wish you only had to pay for gas again! :wink::biggrin:

Seriously, what's your projected range look like at those speeds? I'd imagine on a full battery you'd be below 200 miles to start the day.

Projected was 65 this morning with ~150 ideal ( I think I had it in the 30 mi screen)
I'm really 'trying' to be careful. The car is so amazing, keep on your toes and it is <1/2 sec to go from 60 to 25 ( a little more the other way around)

Sorry If I'm testing my car out 'too hard' she likes to be spanked and barely squeals when I hit her hard!
I put a notebook in my car and have been writing my trip data down each day. I need to find out how to pull logs. I had My Rav4 for 1 month less than 5 years and never missed a gas tag and have data for every fill up where I went and prices of gas - I want to do the same with this car

Still no update here :confused:

Same here. Funny thing is, my friend who got his car delivered yesterday already got the update! Must be random how they choose the order for the updates. He was asking me questions I didn't understand until I realized he already had the update.

- - - Updated - - -

Projected was 65 this morning with ~150 ideal ( I think I had it in the 30 mi screen)

FYI -- your range is always based on the previous 30 miles, unless you reset it in the Driving control screen, no matter which screen (5/15/30) you are looking at on your energy usage.

I'm really 'trying' to be careful. The car is so amazing, keep on your toes and it is <1/2 sec to go from 60 to 25 ( a little more the other way around) Sorry If I'm testing my car out 'too hard' she likes to be spanked and barely squeals when I hit her hard!

Don't apologize!! I love that you're driving it hard and really enjoying your new toy. I just want to make sure you don't singlehandedly get California out of its budget mess with excess speeding tickets :)