Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have we all (myself included) moved from delivery anxiety to update anxiety? As the number of owners goes into the 000s, maybe there's a reason they don't want us all constantly clicking an update button.

Yep.
Various Tesla syndromes - Page 3

So will my "In Transit" car get the update while on the transport vehicle? Or do I need to have it plugged in/charging before the update will happen? Just wondering if it will arrive with v4.0 even though it likely left with the prior version.

Does Model S has to be plugged in for the software update? My always has been at night when the updates have occurred so am not sure about that.

Was told by service manager yesterday that the software update is being rolled out in batches. Smart really, keeps them from either crashing their server or, if it is a bad update, prevents the Jalopnik headline "Tesla software update crashes all of their cars at once, proving again gasoline is good."
BTW as soon as I read this thread I went down and check my car. No update yet. I thought I got past this feeling once the car was delivered :smile:

lol, I check when I get in the car. But since it is my wife's daily driver, I only check on the weekends!

Looking forward to her noticing the difference some time next week and remarking about it. At least I'll be up to speed from reading this thread.

I've got the raw footage of the updates now. Need to do some editing and will get that uploaded ... possibly some time Monday ...

- - - Updated - - -

Does Model S has to be plugged in for the software update? My always has been at night when the updates have occurred so am not sure about that.

It does not need to be plugged in to download/receive the update. Nor does it need to be plugged in to install it.