Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suggested elsewhere that, a la Waze, the touchscreen could provide a way to "checkin" (in an anonymous way) when at a Supercharger. The car can also report its state-of-charge and the current charge rate it's pulling. This crowdsourced data can then be used to display real-time and projected availability of Supercharger stalls for cars that are approaching them.

This is all assuming that Tesla doesn't already receive this data in real-time from the Supercharger stalls themselves (we know Tesla receives energy consumption stats atleast in aggregate from all SpC locations, as displayed in that dashboard at Hawthorne).

Would love to welcome three suspensionsettings. I loved this in my Audi A8 : comfort, standard and sport. Do not know know if the continental system is able to do this?

I don't think they can do that with existing vehicles. Although our old 530i had adaptive steering which should be no problem to implement. For those not familiar with it, at highway speeds it was like setting the steering to sport, urban areas it was like standard and in parking lots it was like comfort. It had a smooth transition but it really felt great driving

- Navigation system recognizing traffic and re-routing
- Navigation system factoring in amount of miles left until a recharge is needed
- Range factoring in the ambient temperture
- Ability for phone to either display text message from phone on display (privacy option) or read the text aloud over the sound system...also the ability to respond by voice
- Ability for the touchscreen to mirrior the screen on my cell phone (probably won't happen because then we could drive and watch video)
- Ability to view tire pressure on touchscreen
- Ability for the car to stop on its own if the parking sensors are sensing a collision
- Ability for the car to recognize that there is crud on the back up camera before you start driving, so you can clean it if necessary
- Adding gridlines to the rear view camera to assist in parking
- Ability for the phone app to mirrior the touchscreen, giving the user the access to everything remotely
- Ability for the phone app to send pop up notifications for alerts, such as forgetting to charge, or letting you know there is an issue if you are not in the car yourself

Update wish list: Home Link Pop-up

I love the fact that as I approach my garage, the HomeLink box at the top of the screen comes into view so I can trigger the remote control for the door.

However, this would be so much more helpful if that popup was either much larger or, ideally, placed in the center of the screen where it's easier to get to. Seems like half the time, as I lean forward to reach the button, I inadvertently hit the Settings button instead of the green door open button.

Not a huge deal, but think people would appreciate this modification.

Just a thought...

OPEN.001.jpg

Last edited:
I like the idea. I also find it a little cumbersome to hit the button at the top and really have to pay attention to where I'm pressing. Larger buttons would help. That said, when I approach my house, I actually have two single-car garage doors, so the UI would have to allow for the possibility of multiple large buttons on screen.

+1 on the popup. Someone had originally mocked it up that way before Tesla even did their version. Glad (sorta) to hear I'm not alone in finding it hard to hit that button as I'm driving up the driveway.

I actually added a second dummy homelink target (button? site?) to my list so I wouldn't miss the target so much. If you set one up but don't complete the configuration, it adds it, but it's greyed out and unselectable. That way if you miss you don't dismiss the pull-down menu entirely and you can still hit the real one.

I love the fact that as I approach my garage, the HomeLink box at the top of the screen comes into view so I can trigger the remote control for the door.

However, this would be so much more helpful if that popup was either much larger or, ideally, placed in the center of the screen where it's easier to get to. Seems like half the time, as I lean forward to reach the button, I inadvertently hit the Settings button instead of the green door open button.

Not a huge deal, but think people would appreciate this modification.

+1. Opening Homelink settings when I get near the garage is never what I want to do.

Agree on bigger but disagree on middle of the screen. I rest my right hand on the top of the dash and press the button with my thumb. Have big hands and could possibly reach the middle of the screen but with greater error due to longer lever.

- Ability for phone to either display text message from phone on display (privacy option) or read the text aloud over the sound system...also the ability to respond by voice

The car with 5.8 already does the voice text things. At least it allows your phone to break in and the phone to read texts out loud, and allow voice response. Mine works pretty well most of the time. But it is through bluetooth and my phone does all the work.

I am using Windows Phone, not sure if you could get an Android or iOS device to do this as well. I know they have similar features.

As for the displaying text on the dash, I am not sure if that really is a good idea. Voice calls in a car are bad enough as it is.

I didn't read the entire tread to see if others have asked for these features but it doesn't hurt to repeat.

Maps is pretty good but I would like the following improvements.
- In head up mode, I would like the car to be at the lower 1/3 of the display instead of centered. In full screen mode, this will give you a lot more info. I really don't need to see as far back as I can see ahead. I usually wind up zooming out so i can see farther, would prefer to not have to.
- larger street names option.
- when in nav mode, make it easier to see traffic conditions along your route. The blue line really blots out the traffic conditions
- waze integration