Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Technical / Mechanical Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
update: the tires are fine. Tesla service filled them with air and they have stayed that way.

someone emptied my tires on purpose. and because the timing was so close to the rattling from the suspension, i thought they were related and that something was definitely wrong with the car. hindsight 20/20, i could have used my Tesla air compressor sitting in my trunk to fill up the tires and avoided the entire towing experience altogether.. :mad:

but don't feel bad for me. according to most of you, i fully deserved this debacle as punishment for the sin of double parking in an empty parking garage.

update: the tires are fine. Tesla service filled them with air and they have stayed that way.

someone emptied my tires on purpose. and because the timing was so close to the rattling from the suspension, i thought they were related and that something was definitely wrong with the car. hindsight 20/20, i could have used my Tesla air compressor sitting in my trunk to fill up the tires and avoided the entire towing experience altogether.. :mad:

but don't feel bad for me. according to most of you, i fully deserved this debacle as punishment for the sin of double parking in an empty parking garage.

Glad that's all it was. My take is that you didn't deserve it, but you should expect it. My story:

I left my car at an outdoor parking lot at DFW. It was snowing and I couldn't see the lines and I parked in line with the cars already there. I returned two weeks later - the snow had melted and I found that my car was taking up four spots! The car had been keyed on both sides and there were several offensive notes about how selfish I was and how my car wasn't nice enough to warrant two spots, much less four.

The lot wasn't full, so I wasn't "taking" a spot from anyone. And I certainly didn't do it on purpose.

The point? There are plenty of vigilantes who are happy to destroy property when they sense someone has done something wrong.

So it finally happened. I was expecting it and sooner or later, I heard everyone has problems with the Pano Roof. Mine broke last week. The METAL guide arm on the passenger side BROKE. Not bent or jammed, just broke off. We got the roof closed but can hear wind noise. Took it to the SC and they said they needed to order the part and it would take about a week. Lets see!

UPDATE: nothing wrong with tires or suspension. a disgruntled ex-employee who is (and was) mad jealous of everything about me (yes, it's as creepy as it sounds) came back and emptied my tires and drew that **** in chalk. had nothing to do with the double-parking.

anyway, i filed a police report, and he will be hearing from the county police pretty soon.

UPDATE: nothing wrong with tires or suspension. a disgruntled ex-employee who is (and was) mad jealous of everything about me (yes, it's as creepy as it sounds) came back and emptied my tires and drew that **** in chalk. had nothing to do with the double-parking.

anyway, i filed a police report, and he will be hearing from the county police pretty soon.

Scary! Perhaps you should get a restraining order to be safe.

Here is kind of a funny one (FW 1.33.59):
While parked I entered an address into the NAV to see time and distance. About a minute or so later I hit cancel navigation.....all doors made an unlocking sound and the passenger door opened. Tried to replicate but could not. Keep you posted....

My charge port (or maybe Mobile Connector) is getting flaky. It keeps trying to latch repeatedly. I have to try several times, and then check whether the car can draw power from it. Every time I use it, it gets worse. Tonight I started the charge manually to make sure it worked, and I'll probably end up turning off the charge timer altogether tomorrow.

Unfortunately Tesla service here now appears to be getting slammed here, too, so I'm a bit concerned it might fail completely before I can get service.

My charge port (or maybe Mobile Connector) is getting flaky. It keeps trying to latch repeatedly. I have to try several times, and then check whether the car can draw power from it. Every time I use it, it gets worse. Tonight I started the charge manually to make sure it worked, and I'll probably end up turning off the charge timer altogether tomorrow.

Unfortunately Tesla service here now appears to be getting slammed here, too, so I'm a bit concerned it might fail completely before I can get service.

That exact thing happened to me. It clicked on and off and went between green and blue a few times before really latching on and starting the charge, and every day it was harder to start the charge until I couldn't get it to start charging at all.

Called the San Diego service center. They had me bring in the UMC and the car. They tried the UMC with a different car and it wouldn't charge that car either. So they gave me a new UMC and I was on my way. No problems since. I was glad it was that simple and quick to solve, and appreciated the great, fast service.

Doug,

Your car was built at the same time as mine (CAN Sig 009). I got the exact same issue about two months ago. I think we got a bad batch of mobile connectors. Car was charging properly with a J1772 adapter. They just replaced my mobile connector and everything was fine.