TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S tyres Melbourne

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Tasdoc, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Tasdoc

Tasdoc Member

My MS approaching 60000Ks, so tyres due to be replaced soon. Tesla Richmond quoted $2500 for x4 Michelin Primacy 3 245/45 R19 102Y including wheel alignment. Feels a bit steep.

Just wondering whether anyone managed to get a better deal in Melbourne recently? Would you trust wheel alignment done by non-Tesla folks or better go back to Tesla?
    Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 8.20.17 pm.png

2. conman

conman Active Member

Bob Jane in Doncaster gets a very good rap from other Tesla owners.

3. stedes

stedes Member

Per tyre that's just slightly less than the best price I've had replacing my BMW run flats which are same brand, model and size (minus foam).

4. meowsers

meowsers Member

I would get a quote from costco. They are Michelin dealers and there is also a special instant rebate on a set of 4 now. They undercut all retailers by a lot

5. raynewman

raynewman Active Member

Michelin Primacy (the new ones with the quietening foam) should come in at about $1500 a set.
    Can do from JAX Brisbane; ask them down there.

• Informative x 1
  6. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

I don’t see the Primacy ST on the Jack website anymore? Shame, these are my current type and I would use again.

7. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Active Member

Not a Michelin fan, SonT? I LOVE the PS3's. Have had a few cars in the past which i upgraded to (nearly top-spec) Michelin's from their OEMs- always felt a great improvement.
    But $2500 sounds about 7 hundred over what i paid a couple of years ago

8. srwx

srwx "perf_config": "P1"

I got a set of the Primacy fitted by Jax at 50,000kms for $1360, there was a $100 off for buying a full set as I recall.

9. Tasdoc

Tasdoc Member

Was it in Melbourne?
    Did they do wheel alignment as well?

10. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

No I like Michelins. I've got Michelin Primacy 3 ST on at the moment. The ST is for "silence tuned". @raynewman put me onto them I think.
    They've been good, seem quieter than the original Primacy 3 that came with the car.
    I also was running some 21" turbines with bridgestones for a while, but sold them. Loved the handling, but reduced range about 5-10% and very easy to damage.

• Informative x 1
  11. srwx

srwx "perf_config": "P1"

I used the Geelong Jax (would have used Ballarat but they didn't have ready stock of the ST's at the time). They offered the wheel alignment but as I was going in for my airbag replacement I opted to get Tesla to do it as part of that visit.

12. Nickdp

Nickdp Member

Call Adam at Bob Jane Prahran. He did my tyres last time and beat everyone else's price including Tempe Tyres in Sydney.
    If you ask nicely he may throw in free balance and rotation every 6 months and front end alignment, but your mileage may vary