Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #29 is available now with topics time-stamped. We discussed the Tesla Cybertruck's expected 1 MW Ultra-Fast Charging capability, the Tesla Semi Delivery Event, the coming Model 3 refresh (project "Highland"), and more. You can watch it now on YouTube.

Model S tyres Melbourne

My MS approaching 60000Ks, so tyres due to be replaced soon. Tesla Richmond quoted $2500 for x4 Michelin Primacy 3 245/45 R19 102Y including wheel alignment. Feels a bit steep.

Just wondering whether anyone managed to get a better deal in Melbourne recently? Would you trust wheel alignment done by non-Tesla folks or better go back to Tesla?
Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 8.20.17 pm.png

ShockOnT

⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️
Jun 26, 2016
Sydney
Not a Michelin fan, SonT? I LOVE the PS3's. Have had a few cars in the past which i upgraded to (nearly top-spec) Michelin's from their OEMs- always felt a great improvement.
But $2500 sounds about 7 hundred over what i paid a couple of years ago
No I like Michelins. I've got Michelin Primacy 3 ST on at the moment. The ST is for "silence tuned". @raynewman put me onto them I think.
They've been good, seem quieter than the original Primacy 3 that came with the car.
I also was running some 21" turbines with bridgestones for a while, but sold them. Loved the handling, but reduced range about 5-10% and very easy to damage.

• Informative
Reactions: ICUDoc

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC