Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S v 3 - $25k price difference worth it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a previous 3 owner and think I want something a little bigger, like the S. Interior seems to have a lot more attention to detail and I think the car looks much nicer. I’m having a hard time understanding where $25k in additional value is. Again I think I want the S but can you experts help me out? Thanks

How about one of these existing threads, on the discussion between "S vs 3"? There are more than these, but perhaps one of these has information you are looking for?

Model S is better looking, rides smoother on air suspension that can also raise and lower the car.
It is quieter, more powerful, longer range, better sound system, more room for comfort, very handy hatch back design for carrying more stuff, can tow, has all aluminum frame and construction, charges faster, more prestige, drivers display, much better road trip car, powered doors, bigger trunk, etc.

S is bigger, faster, longer range, more screens, more premium interior, etc.

When you say 15k difference I assume you’re looking at the M3P vs base S? The S gets 100 more miles of range! That alone is worth a lot.

S is bigger, faster, longer range, more screens, more premium interior, etc.

When you say 15k difference I assume you’re looking at the M3P vs base S? The S gets 100 more miles of range! That alone is worth a lot.
Thank you 👍

Having driven both the new 3 feels better built and quieter than the current S. Better door closures, quieter, etc... in my opinion the 3 feels more premium than the S. And even though the S has more range the bigger battery + worse efficiency mean real world road tripping won't be much faster, if at all.

I would test drive both before making a decision. The new 3 is surprisingly good.