Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - Window Tinting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pinnacle 30 front sides, 15 on rear sides & back. Lone Star Window Tinting (Hurst, TX) did an excellent job.
U2izWykYclWLE8lHZ73H-x0sozyit8_QWA--IRlLH8RLVLz5XqbVXjKdlIlILABmPF0sROLzUEPl3jHi4QNQq23-JryQed5Pi86KiNXVdTsqarCoaC4c-yXCh3rM9n_vk3XmoU5xPjhGBPuuwEDmGYE81C8j_Q5TM5DnQS7l86wAo2NWUxCT-8K2cRDJWMVaazFhKDKAmMYvEksiSegizpyyD_0NFvgwj6xNL1dOMjvdKTe5TjDVBvjIs6FjI7RlL81-kriD2_MKmzKwQBx_3ZWY8HIkB2X0KsEXWX7b0fxG1hlhMH124uWd-R3TiMaJZLiQ4ah5UD-y-zo-4XwLRIUuSWMa5S3scLZf9nLWdAeLM97cUtcWwRmCAHUbk0FyZ1Azy5kyrrj2QxrFfGjV_fKiwMd-F7_A7oUaZh3aSVRW5lvw1iqZImW08vW2COmgmpRqnv80-F3XNgxipB1j4nCnWbiatkK5FYoMT15YeU5xMuGX6xnmGuc1V2wdzTOJ3QaWl03ZYCSONgchEWN45C-R9xEh75gWDL1S-yWbyUPytfuIy-9VNrf8kILWFgL5yA29sj5gxe0pqstLMlnhXaZO8iojAoRt=s1055-no
rT2qZc8HdlWFfkCHdkWzkK-14jwLlAZomKX1aNl_3uqOcM37O4tUD82lEGz9KNmt_wQR5-cSzk3SIY-VQvcZfevarlo2stSO3vt-n1gGLKmi8CNn8eUAzBPxKf6X1YRkPcGdDlTd8ZC_c9DkCA8oEx2Y977Fh755CfFyUGAdpIADCNm64G1_d2OtVLKxCuhM0nDP58KFp_dFI06fh9Gm1KcsCGenXDGDOQHU6-n7HSYAqwDv_ToAYT1uijcnYRIthvfSSMF1AtN7UQW7Jemysgh5J1zPgebGM8DDztM0EHDk9dudywDJ4PUDge_2lJtCqfMyZobr6YCXtcjrz6NEU3r9SrX1qS8JKyTHtUoacbVz4DcgaWedigpTzEiY6lUKCViyue-kdZhrKLEigotWovVdnMFB77WdRVWIXrqWuZLIauDpZb-v_IJZdWiM6AZfTzdaY4eflkPsUFESslAhHfVK9neybuzh59vCouYFgf2cA6T6S0JtJCIZ7D1QQxyRe1MEegncMhjFKGp9oSCRJdfyXWNC9CBjlysWZcg-MWdCm1ccD81319MXlN54qTnuXO4GuZHpiMIDVAoArOo_VqPsdx0axqXj=s1055-no

Reactions: Ashkenaz
Yes, some people have tinted the pano -- comments from others upthread. Some did it "just because" everything else was in being tinted, others because they had personal intent. I elected not to do my pano given the UV and heat rejection built-in to the OEM pano itself and have not been disappointed in my decision running around here in SoCal, So Nevada and AZ, but you could. ...but I did have Photosync 55 applied on sides and rear and nothing on the windshield or pano. I remain happy with my decision.

Personally, I don't think you're going to come to any conclusion on the pano from comments here -- I didn't. My suggestion is, tint the sides and rear. Hold off on the pano until the heat begins and then decide for yourself. It may save you a couple hundred bucks that way.
Bert, I'm in Carmel Valley waiting for delivery. Where did you have yours dine?

Bert, I'm in Carmel Valley waiting for delivery. Where did you have yours dine?
Congrats on your order.
;) Take a peek upthread a page or two for several posts from a number of us here in SD. Unless you want to go up to Costa Mesa or LA, Monumental Workx is the only place down here for Photosync right now. There is another guy that says he's working on becoming authorized and presently offers alternatives as others do, but I've not seen any confirmation he's through the process. Monumental did a great job for me and some others.
Enjoy that MS when it arrives!

Congrats on your order.
;) Take a peek upthread a page or two for several posts from a number of us here in SD. Unless you want to go up to Costa Mesa or LA, Monumental Workx is the only place down here for Photosync right now. There is another guy that says he's working on becoming authorized and presently offers alternatives as others do, but I've not seen any confirmation he's through the process. Monumental did a great job for me and some others.
Enjoy that MS when it arrives!
Thanks! I've used MW for my current vehicles. Good to hear. Now if I'd only see an update on the status of my CPO silver P85+...

We currently offer CeraLuxe Quantum Ceramic which is also manufactured by Prestige Films, the manufactures of Photosync. It offers the same attributes as photo sync with about 20% less cost. Photosync still outperforms by an average of 10% but a great option as well! Monumental is currently the only photo sync dealer in San Diego, although we are working on getting it shortly as well!

Tim from Adonis is correct. Ceraluxe Quantum Ceramic is a very good alternative for those seeking a high-performing window film. It made by the same manufacturer as Spectra Photosync, so you know it is of the highest quality. Many of our Tesla owners (Model X and S) opt for Ceraluxe when budget is a concern. It is also the 2nd highest heat rejecting film on the market. In the Southern California area, the only Authorized Dealers are:

Extreme Autowerks in Cerritos, CA (www.extremeautowerks.net)
Adonis Detail in Carlsbad, CA (www.adonisdetail.com)
Monumental in San Diego, CA (www.monumentalworkx.com)

If you are looking for a high end heat rejecting tint for your Tesla then come to EVS Motors. We sell the highest heat rejecting film, Spectra Photosync, which has been a favorite of all our Tesla Customers. We also do offer all of Huper Optik's Heat Rejecting films. Our service is just as high end as our products,as our tint technician has been working with Nano Ceramic films for over 15 years. Mention this post when you schedule an appointment for your Tesla to get a special discount on your purchase! Call us at 888.878.2213
Eugenes Tesla Model S with ADV1 wheels.jpeg

Recently got a quote for Huper Optik on sides and rear --$399. Will probably go with this as Photosync is a bit above my budget. Llumar CTX was $299 but it seems the Huper is worth the extra.

My question is whether anyone has gotten Llumar Air90 on the windshield? This particular shop says that's all they carry for windshields. Any experience positive or negative? It's $150.

Tim from Adonis is correct. Ceraluxe Quantum Ceramic is a very good alternative for those seeking a high-performing window film. It made by the same manufacturer as Spectra Photosync, so you know it is of the highest quality. Many of our Tesla owners (Model X and S) opt for Ceraluxe when budget is a concern. It is also the 2nd highest heat rejecting film on the market. In the Southern California area, the only Authorized Dealers are:

Extreme Autowerks in Cerritos, CA (www.extremeautowerks.net)
Adonis Detail in Carlsbad, CA (www.adonisdetail.com)
Monumental in San Diego, CA (www.monumentalworkx.com)

Question....Does the warranty travel with the car? Say I move to California (or some other random place) and need warranty work done. Would other Photosync dealers honor the other guys work or would we get charged again?

Question....Does the warranty travel with the car? Say I move to California (or some other random place) and need warranty work done. Would other Photosync dealers honor the other guys work or would we get charged again?
You can come to your own conclusion by reading the specific product's warranty -- they will vary by mfgr. e.g. the way I read the Spectra Photosync Warranty, it's lifetime warranty is not transferrable and covers only the product itself; it also excludes improper installation which is why it's so important to check-out the work of your (almost always independent) installer before having the work done.