Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - Window Tinting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone nearby Tim, should seriously take a look at his work against the other companies. It is very good.
Just had Tim install Cerelux to all sides and rear yesterday. Looks great. On the fence about doing the pano roof and windshield, especially since on my CPO P85+ there is a fair number of micro pits - may want to replace the windshield. Next stop - having Tim install xpel to the front.

Reactions: ShotgunF15E
Just had Tim install Cerelux to all sides and rear yesterday. Looks great. On the fence about doing the pano roof and windshield, especially since on my CPO P85+ there is a fair number of micro pits - may want to replace the windshield. Next stop - having Tim install xpel to the front.

Thanks SD Diver! Was great meeting you and working on your P85+. Can't wait to see it back for more protection :)

My question is whether anyone has gotten Llumar Air90 on the windshield? This particular shop says that's all they carry for windshields. Any experience positive or negative? It's $150.

I and a number of people I know have Llumar's ceramic AirBlue80 on our windshields. Works great and I personally do not notice any difference. It's a very faint blue like a contact lense "visibility tint", and that never bothered me either. The difference in heat radiating onto you before and after was very noticeable!

Got my car done by a friend today. I worked on my dashcam install while he worked.

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    537.8 KB · Views: 166
Love the look , but I'm sticking with Florida legal 35 on sides and rear, with illegal 75 front. Going with photosync. Appointment in a week. Saturday my sport line metallic grey cyclones go on.
Any communication issues after the tint install?

A local service advisor told me to not install it, said if there are communication issues they can't troubleshoot and they call HQ, first question is asked....does it have tint. I am leaning towards installing it, worst case is removal.

Any communication issues after the tint install?

A local service advisor told me to not install it, said if there are communication issues they can't troubleshoot and they call HQ, first question is asked....does it have tint. I am leaning towards installing it, worst case is removal.
FYI, I have no "communication differences" in my MS with Photosync 55 on sides and rear.

For me, the consideration was some older tech, perhaps less expensive films, have actual metal in the film that can cause issues, not only for built-in antennas, but for any device (like cell phones) within the vehicle. One of the reasons I went with Photosync was it has no metallics to possibly cause such issues.

Reactions: Atlantan
FYI, I have no "communication differences" in my MS with Photosync 55 on sides and rear.

For me, the consideration was some older tech, perhaps less expensive films, have actual metal in the film that can cause issues, not only for built-in antennas, but for any device (like cell phones) within the vehicle. One of the reasons I went with Photosync was it has no metallics to possibly cause such issues.

Thanks, I was considering Huper Optik Nano-Ceramic.

I would be careful with installing Huper on any modern car with wireless tech, the Tesla included. They have lines of film specifically made with "Metallics, Drei and Sech". Although their "Ceramic" film claims to have no metals, our testing has shown otherwise.

PhotoSynce and CeraLuxe both contain absolutely no signal interfering metals or metallic's while also outperforming all other films on the market. We have tested these vigorously compared to many other "ceramics" on the market and have chosen to offer both based on this testing.

Those looking for the best window films on the market should look into CeraLuxe or Photosync.