Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - Window Tinting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had reception issues with Huper. Not sure if I'm going to tint this time around.

You're not alone. I have had problems with comfort access on my M since I had it done. Took that tint off and reception came back. Didn't have to deal with walking up to my car and door triggers not unlocking. I have phootsynch and very happy with it. No recept problems with it.

I can report a persistence of a slight distortion in the windshield (Photosync 75) again like an orange peel like blurring of horizontal lines (tops of cars, etc). If you look from the outside of the vehicle at a very oblique angle to the windshield you can see the texture of the film on the inside.

I noticed distortion on my wife's Volt's windshield (also Photosync 75). I can see it easily enough on bright horizontal lines as I drive, but my wife does did seem to notice it at all. I was dricing the Volt today and asked my son about the distortion, and he did not see it either. That's when I start thinking it might be just me.

It turns out if I close my right eye, the distortion pretty much completely disappears. Only a very faint trace of it can bee seen while driving.

I believe this is due to the laser vision surgery I had years ago. Since I was 40 I had what is called modified monovision done. Basically Each eye gets a different correction, one for distance and one for close. This is very common for people over 40, since without it they would have to wear glasses to use the computer or read. The right and left eye images are combine by my brain into a seamless image. It's amazing how well it works, you do not even notice one eye is out of focus. In fact issues are so rare, I did not even thing it might be the problem until today.

Anyway, it looks like my right eye, which is focused closer, is picking up the distortion and when the images images are combined the distortion is enhanced.

Does anyone else seeing the distortion have laser vision correction, specifically with different correction to each eye?

It might also be visible with someone wearing graduated bifocal glasses.

I always use Ceramic Tint (FormulaOne)--probably one of the most expensive, but the best.

Here's 30%

78CCAE5C-E678-47ED-87EC-633557334BA4-6058-00000367FC99D88A_zps97e225e0.jpg

I always use Ceramic Tint (FormulaOne)--probably one of the most expensive, but the best.

30% looks great, but I'm trying not to get ticketed. Annoyingly, 70 or 80 is the limit on the front windows and uv only is the only thing allowed on the windshield in CA.

I'm mostly interested in heat reduction, so Photosync works well for me. It reduces more heat at 65 than many tints do at 30. And it's close enough to legal, I'm unlikely to get stopped.

Extreme Autowerks is the only shop in SoCal that installs Photosync. I just had my windshield done last week. :)

http://www.extremeautowerks.net/

Thanks Andrew!! Hope you're enjoying the Prestige PhotoSync 75 on your front windshield!! Please let me know if you need anything else. Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

I got my windshield, pano roof, all 4 doors done there 3 weeks ago. I would recommend them 100%. They even wash my car before tinting so there wouldn't be dust near the tint. Bing from extremeautowerk is the man! Taking my car in to get clear bra probably next week.

Thank you simplesolar!!