Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S/X deliveries with Intel-based MCU

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm willing to bet the crossover point was VIN 245000 - All the Intel MCU cars have VINs above this number.
But we've only seen one verified VIN, one verified intel MCU....I mean, I hope you're right, but that might be a bit premature

From the reddit thread:
"Wow interesting. I have a vin 2460xx and it seems to have the older one :( produced 2/23 (also with lighted vanity). Two qualms are my screen is S-L-O-W and the UHFS sounds worse than my wife's honda :( I will test out the benchmark today and check 5G."

More than likely has to do with production timeline

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
But we've only seen one verified VIN, one verified intel MCU....I mean, I hope you're right, but that might be a bit premature

From the reddit thread:
"Wow interesting. I have a vin 2460xx and it seems to have the older one :( produced 2/23 (also with lighted vanity). Two qualms are my screen is S-L-O-W and the UHFS sounds worse than my wife's honda :( I will test out the benchmark today and check 5G."

More than likely has to do with production timeline
Yea that sucks. The reddit OP replied my question about when the car was produced. It's also a Feb production.

That's great news for the new MCU, but I have a feeling that will be the nail in the coffin for retrofitting unless you can just retrofit the MCU without a wifi change to go with it. That'd be a new wifi antenna in the mirror housing, if not a replacement for the wifi card altogether.

There are new side mirrors. @lunitiks mentioned this weeks ago. Retrofit it all!

Actually, this is one change I don't care that much about. I missed the newest premium seats by weeks (it was only Performance cars). I was bummed about missing out on adjustable headrests and assumed the premium seats were better but the NG2.0 seats are great and I love having real leather. So go figure. This change is clearly an improvement but the screen was never a limiting factor for me. AP is far far more important and its delays aggravate me more than other changes Tesla makes to the vehicle (unless they get the new HVAC into the S and then I'll be wondering about trading in if a bigger capacity battery exists too and I can muster the financial hit).

Old driver's side antenna:
s-l1600.jpg

New antenna(s):

s-l1600.jpg

Look closely and u see the mirror interior (plastic/molding) has changed too