Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S/x (eu) Ccs Conversion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

As many will know, starting June 1st, Tesla is offering to convert existing Model X and S to be compatible with the CCS charge adapter that's available for now S/X builds.

Has anyone actually gotten this conversion done already?

I (NL) had an appointment planned for June 4th, but it got cancelled last minute because the parts weren't in yet. Mobile service would contact me for an install date.

When I called 2 weeks later to check, it turns out they now have the part and wanted to know when I would be available for this, and where. I shared this info, but got turned down again: allegedly, they have to wait for a software update that supports this mod first.

Since I'm going on holiday to SuC-less Eastern Europe in July, I'm quite anxious to get this done. Did anyone actually get his X or S converted already?

I'd recommend taking a CHAdeMO adapter as an alternative. It's not as fast as CCS, but is still doable with 43 kW
Yes, borrowing one is my backup plan - however, availability of CCS charging points is WAY better than CHAdeMO, in Romania, it seems... even though they are usually limited to 50 kWh, that's still half a tank in an hour of shopping, instead of... 3 hours at best, using "22" kW AC chargers...

At the Tesla store in Eindhoven they told me that after fitting my MX with a CSS the charging capacity could increase up to over the 115KW I have now. Is that correct, or are those not related, the plug and max power at a Supercharger

Yes, after the upgrade it should go to 150 kW at eg. Fastned or IONITY. However, Fastned is currently limited to 137 kW due to a limitation in their chargers. IONITY I do not know.

Tesla's own Superchargers are currently not able to exceed the ~120 kW.