Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S/X minor refresh coming soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In that case you should definitely get a Long Range. While the 0-60 doesn’t seem like a large amount I cannot describe how huge the difference is between a car that runs low 11 seconds in the quarter and one that does low 9s. That difference you could feel every day while only very rarely, if ever, needing that extra range. I road trip a ton and do 25k+ miles per year and never feel like I need more than the 300 my MP3 has.

Enjoy your car. I wish I didn’t care about speed, which the LR still has a ton of. :)
But you’re also burning through tires pretty quickly. The last tires I bought for my Model S Raven were supposed to be a harder rubber, but only lasted 13k miles.

But you’re also burning through tires pretty quickly. The last tires I bought for my Model S Raven were supposed to be a harder rubber, but only lasted 13k miles.
The car is carrying more tire which does help. If you go with square wheel setup, then you'll get the full treadwear warranty instead of half if staggered. So if you only get 13k miles have the company warranty it as if running the Michelin PS4S, they are rated for 30k miles if not staggered.

In that case you should definitely get a Long Range. While the 0-60 doesn’t seem like a large amount I cannot describe how huge the difference is between a car that runs low 11 seconds in the quarter and one that does low 9s. That difference you could feel every day while only very rarely, if ever, needing that extra range. I road trip a ton and do 25k+ miles per year and never feel like I need more than the 300 my MP3 has.

Enjoy your car. I wish I didn’t care about speed, which the LR still has a ton of. :)

@phantasms, the LR is a fast car. The Plaid is...an experience.

It's hard to describe how crazy the acceleration is. Like, nothing you've ever experienced before (unless you've been launched off a carrier deck...and even then, maybe). Like, mind shaking fast. I've raced Superbikes, gone 178 mph through the tri-oval at Daytona on one, launched the latest Porsche Turbo S through the quarter mile...nothing, and I mean nothing, compares to the Plaid's acceleration. All of those feelings from the previous experiences can be had at a quarter throttle in the Plaid from pretty much any speed update 60mph. You really have to experience it to understand.

It's always tough to gauge any refresh with Tesla. I haven't seen any spy shots of any refreshed S which makes it even more unlikely. No guarantee if you wait a few months you'll get one. Any refresh is likely to be very minor.

It's hard to describe how crazy the acceleration is. Like, nothing you've ever experienced before (unless you've been launched off a carrier deck...and even then, maybe). Like, mind shaking fast. I've raced Superbikes, gone 178 mph through the tri-oval at Daytona on one, launched the latest Porsche Turbo S through the quarter mile...nothing, and I mean nothing, compares to the Plaid's acceleration. All of those feelings from the previous experiences can be had at a quarter throttle in the Plaid from pretty much any speed update 60mph. You really have to experience it to understand.
Well….I have driven a tubbed 71 Vega tube chassis with 1,000hp, a parachute, no hood and a supercharger to the sky on the street. So there’s that. ;)

I have a Plaid rented on Turo for next month. I’m looking forward to it. I don’t like the size of the S but I may get it to hold me over until the Roadster drops. [first world problems]

Just canceled my S Plaid order last night (Delivery Date: September 25th - September 30) was already scheduled. I’m interested in the potential refresh. Anyone have an idea when the 2024 S Plaid will be set for production based on history?
I'm in the same boat, mine is scheduled for delivery the 25th. I'm leaning on taking this one. To date it is the best deal on a MSP ever, the price may likely go down a little more but I wouldn't bet on it. The price has gone up a little, losing $500 on referral and $1000 yoke vs $250. My strike point was under 100k and with free ultra red I beat that by over 13k. My concern is if the price jumps back up I may not buy at all. So again, probably taking this one.

I'm not concerned about a refresh, usually some info leaks out and I haven't seen that. With V4, new cameras and a refresh a couple of years ago I think it's unlikely. Talking to my SA and what I've read, if you order mid November you would probably get a '24 vin#. Take that with a grain of salt.

Well….I have driven a tubbed 71 Vega tube chassis with 1,000hp, a parachute, no hood and a supercharger to the sky on the street. So there’s that. ;)

I have a Plaid rented on Turo for next month. I’m looking forward to it. I don’t like the size of the S but I may get it to hold me over until the Roadster drops. [first world problems]

That's like 13 times the power of the base Vega, and 7 times the Cosworth ( I had both)

But the plaid only has 30% more power than the LR.

I have rode in a plaid on a private airstrip. Impressive, but I could rent one for many days on Turo for the price difference.

I've had our MX for a couple of weeks now. Yesterday was the first time trying Drag Strip mode. OMG. What a KICK in the pants. The screen animation is just stupid cool. Love the yoke. Gives you something solid to hold on to. Nothing like building up the Biceps one launch at a time.

Totally agree
I have a 2016 S90
The price drops have me thinking of a new S
I did a test drive but all they had was a LR. It was nice but not enuf to get me to change
I then test drove a Plaid with my son
Night and day.
We were both blown away. Just impossible to imagine the acceleration unless you actually experience it
Still a lot of money, but it’s got me seriously thinking

@idealsol I'd be thinking hard. Your car is nearly 8 years old. Time for a new experience! Do it! :)
Thanks for the push!!
My 8 years is up late 2024.
Certainly a big consideration when I lose all warranty coverage then
I’ve been fortunate so far
About $900 total service center charges over the years
$700 of that was for an out of warranty air suspension compressor