Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S/X minor refresh coming soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Cybertruck has had a front bumper camera since the early prototypes. But this feature going to production is now confirmed. This new bumper camera is part of Tesla's new Hardware 4 (HW4) Autopilot suite of cameras and the computer.Aug 26, 2023"

Ditto...

"I hate Acronyms"

Elon Musk

I agree.

1695901879531.png

• Funny
Reactions: cwanja and aerodyne
Omitting a front bumper camera when the company is pushing so heavily for vision vs USS is laughable. A car this technologically advanced and expensive should have this seemingly basic function. I guess we’ll see when the NA M3H launch happens if we get confirmation of the camera.

Reactions: StevenSD
Omitting a front bumper camera when the company is pushing so heavily for vision vs USS is laughable. A car this technologically advanced and expensive should have this seemingly basic function. I guess we’ll see when the NA M3H launch happens if we get confirmation of the camera.
Yep, that and omitting the radar for FSD. My take as a software engineer for over 30 years is that they will never get FSD working with cameras alone. Its a pipe dream. With FSD I estimate they will get it to 90%-95% but that last 5% will take 80% more time and hardware change. Question is only how long will it take for Elon to realize that with cameras alone this is not going to happen. Sadly I fear accidents and death will be what forces the change.

Elon's thinking that humans have 2 eyes and do it is faulty because humans on the road are not 100% safe. While that is tolerated for humans it will not be tolerated for software driving. Software will have to be 100% since nobody will accept software killing people. Or maybe I am wrong.... We will see.

Model S/X mini refresh is now about a month and a half behind schedule, so expected any time between yesterday and Q2 of next year.

Not as major as the Palladium redesign, but small refreshes to match some Highland details are expected.

Wish we could provide a better timeline!

That is interesting. But Q next year is far away if you are buying a car now. Although with small refresh imminent it would seem to be wise to wait on the purchase if one can. But, they might bump the price back up once refresh is out since this price reduction did look to me like a way to get rid of inventory of old parts.

Reactions: phantasms
yeah that was my situation, I could've waited on the small refresh or buy the car at the low price it was now. I went with buying the model x now because for me it was like if I keep on waiting they will always be upgrading and adding new stuff to it, it will never end

Reactions: NJturtlePower