Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 60D Now Available in Design Studio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screen shot of DC

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    447.2 KB · Views: 111
its great that there are more options, but stock wise, TSLA, i do get worried...

If you are the worrying type, you should have been worried long before this with TSLA.

Below the 1% crowd, there is price sensitivity with respect to a car purchase. There are only so many 6 figure $ purchasers. Why not open the market? The MS 60 was a good trial balloon. A $75K premium SUV is a great move, as it starts to look more and more reasonable to the next segment of purchasers. Those who would buy a Q7, Cayenne, GL, QX, or X at a very similar price point. To not explore the bottom end would be foolish on Tesla's part.

You should be more worried about bored, fickle, $1K Model 3 reservation holders bailing out as the inevetible delays in production, and a huge backlog discourage the wait. It will be interesting to see the reported numbers for this past quarter for cancellations. Why not capture the "upper" portion of this crowd, who are not holding out for a $35K car?

Last edited:
My 90D X is giving about only 80% of Rated Mileage (I do have 22" wheels") and I cannot see how a 200 RM 60D to be practical. A 180 mile real world driving range will make me very nervous to take it on a SF to LA trip even though we have an extra SC at Buttonwillow now.