Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X August Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@nehcrut - Thanks! I didn't know that about KBB and will definitely check it out. I was already planning to get additional quotes, but that may simplify things.

(I also am using the Tesla 2 week appraisal window for the trade-in as a way to check-in and hopefully get more information about my X delivery).

I think your misunderstanding the 14 day trade in window. My rep explained to me how that works. You have 14 days and 500 miles from when they make the offer to you to buy your vehicle to accept it. For instance, my vehicle was appraised and inspected last week. and I am going to accept the trade in offer this week. But I just ordered a model X and am expecting delivery in September.

I think your misunderstanding the 14 day trade in window. My rep explained to me how that works. You have 14 days and 500 miles from when they make the offer to you to buy your vehicle to accept it. For instance, my vehicle was appraised and inspected last week. and I am going to accept the trade in offer this week. But I just ordered a model X and am expecting delivery in September.

My Tesla store manager misunderstood the trade-in situation. The company that comes to inspect it said the appraisal is only good for 14 days (logically, since who knows what will happen to your car after that). Did they tell you something different?

I need my car until I get the X, so if I trade it in with Tesla, I'll do it in Fremont when I take delivery.

I don't think vin number mean anything. Their system seems to have no order.
I believe that they production batching is based primarily on the seat configuration. I have an 11xxx number and confirmed in mid January 2016, but chose the 5 seat configuration. I was told by a Tesla Exec ( NOT as DS ), that the 5 seat configurations won't even start production until August. I was told to expect delivery in the Sept/Oct time frame. UGH! I have to keep telling myself that Patience is a virtue.

I believe that they production batching is based primarily on the seat configuration. I have an 11xxx number and confirmed in mid January 2016, but chose the 5 seat configuration. I was told by a Tesla Exec ( NOT as DS ), that the 5 seat configurations won't even start production until August. I was told to expect delivery in the Sept/Oct time frame. UGH! I have to keep telling myself that Patience is a virtue.
Mines a 6 seat 90D configuration, how come people that order months later than that take delivery? Or even 75D deliveries?

Mines a 6 seat 90D configuration, how come people that order months later than that take delivery? Or even 75D deliveries?

It really makes no sense as a business model. Why piss off so many eager customers who will fork over a lot of $$$? It's like they are more eager to get orders than meet them. I want my X as soon as possible, but think people who ordered before me should be, you know, before me.

Reactions: Sean So Lowe
I've only got one big giant shrug for you. And sympathy for every post you make. Much more sympathy than people that ordered in late May or June, and are whining that they may not get it until August, or heaven forbid, September.

YOU HAVE MY WORD i wont ever bring it up again .... but we can all agree there's clearly a communication problem and this latest battery drop is going to prove that in the end i was at least partially right maybe i have an issue forking over 100k and actually believing what people tell me when i spend that kind of money .. but hey i work hard for my money what can i say .. if that makes me difficult to deal with then my bad. However if i was in Seans case i'd be on the phone ALOT. Sean are they not in breach of contract at this point it seems that with all of the revisions they did so far they might have been.

• Funny
Reactions: ccutrer
YOU HAVE MY WORD i wont ever bring it up again .... but we can all agree there's clearly a communication problem and this latest battery drop is going to prove that in the end i was at least partially right maybe i have an issue forking over 100k and actually believing what people tell me when i spend that kind of money .. but hey i work hard for my money what can i say .. if that makes me difficult to deal with then my bad. However if i was in Seans case i'd be on the phone ALOT. Sean are they not in breach of contract at this point it seems that with all of the revisions they did so far they might have been.
Lol! I wasn't naming names! Though you did come to mind. Also, my wife, when we were still waiting for delivery, and she was on the warpath that Tesla should be forced to produce in VIN order.

I dot know, I guess I'm at their mercy, there's not much more I can do, just a waiting game. Only thing positive is that hopefully most of the corks that people have bee issues with will be obsolete. I'd wrather wait and get it right then frustrated with the later.

I dot know, I guess I'm at their mercy, there's not much more I can do, just a waiting game. Only thing positive is that hopefully most of the corks that people have bee issues with will be obsolete. I'd wrather wait and get it right then frustrated with the later.

and this is the reason i get upset it appears ( please note i said appears before i get jumped on" there all happy happy joy joy until they get your money after they get your money your at there mercy because they know worse case they pocket your deposit, how is this any different than the old school bait and switch? Yes some go above and beyond to make things right. But a majority are just 19-20 year old kids with a very short attention span. I swear i had one person explain to me how it was unfair that could come in a buy car but in her native country ( somewhere in the middle east) she wasn't even allowed to drive. How does comparing my car buying experience to another country being oppressive toward women have anything to do with me buying a car? and thats just one example. but i digress. Had i been in your shoes i'd be beyond livid no amount of car quality ( an issue that shouldn't exist at this price point mind you ) can fix that.

Hello all, not sure if this is the correct place to post this so please move accordingly. I will be in California for a few weeks in the beginning of August (My weeks are flexible) and would love to go on a factory tour if anyone has an extra guest slot available! I will be ordering a Model X 90D at the end of the year and most likely won't ever be able to have this opportunity again. Please reach out if you are able to help. Thank You!

I don't know which thread I belong to. I posted similar message in July thread as well.

Here is the response I received from my DS today.

We are still planning to start production in the coming weeks, which is really exciting! As soon as production has started, I will be sure to reach out and let you know. At that time we’ll be able to confirm final details so that we are prepared for the big day here at the factory – delivery!

I have been getting similar answer for past one month.

Just posted this in the July thread...but I may be moving here. Still a bit early to say for sure...

I was called by my DS this afternoon and scheduled for an August 4th delivery date!! :D For now, I guess I'll leave this thread and head over to the August Deliveries group. That said, he did say that there's a chance if transportation times are better than he is estimating, it could be as early as late July. Given my X is already in transit and still has a couple of weeks before the end of the month...we'll see.

I may be back...to the July thread <insert Arnold voice here> :)

Reactions: sheadxn
Just posted this in the July thread...but I may be moving here. Still a bit early to say for sure...

I was called by my DS this afternoon and scheduled for an August 4th delivery date!! :D For now, I guess I'll leave this thread and head over to the August Deliveries group. That said, he did say that there's a chance if transportation times are better than he is estimating, it could be as early as late July. Given my X is already in transit and still has a couple of weeks before the end of the month...we'll see.

I may be back...to the July thread <insert Arnold voice here> :)

Do you know when your MX got done with production? I am planning to reach out to my DS and get a update ... Again

The closer Aug gets the further away it feels. This wait is killer and folks have been waiting a lot longer than I have (don't know how they do it).... Let's go Aug!!!!! (Please do not make me wait until September)

Yeah, I can imagine Tesla's thank you note for you:
"Thank us Sean, for letting you be our customer and serving us!" :)

Reactions: Sean So Lowe