Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X: Average Wh/mile Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My average is 342 Wh/mi. As a new owner, I had to sit in the car and look at the manual to find the information. Around town, I'm fairly pokey.

Do you keep Excel spreadsheets with your data? I've always kept logs on my ICE cars. I don't know what to with the X.

My average is 342 Wh/mi. As a new owner, I had to sit in the car and look at the manual to find the information. Around town, I'm fairly pokey.

Do you keep Excel spreadsheets with your data? I've always kept logs on my ICE cars. I don't know what to with the X.
The standard thing to do is reserve one of your trip odometers for "lifetime." I use Trip B, and never reset it. With 8.0, I've actually renamed that trip odometer to "Lifetime."

There are third party apps and libraries as well, which allow you to log all of your Tesla telemetry. Those are probably the best choice if you really want to analyze your data.

• Helpful
Reactions: Ormond
Our Model S has 45K miles on it with an average of .318 kwh/m....The X is just lower at least for the first 1200 miles. I agree with Ohmman's comments: drag and weight different and X should be lots higher...but so far, the X is actually better...I have no explanation since the X is a big honking car....most of the miles have been around town, so maybe the average will go much higher when it spends more time at 75 mph with no regen....for now, pleasantly surprised....

I'm getting great mileage on my X 75D...
after 6300miles I'm at 292 wh/m.
So far this month (now that the tires are worn in for 6000 miles)... 287.7miles at 235wh/m.
My commute on friday I managed 231wh/m for the 31.1mile roundtrip.
(As you can see in the photo from current trip... my start and end points for my commute differ by 1000ft, so only round trip numbers make sense)

Generally the mild weather has helped for the X, but trips to Tahoe and Carmel have made it worse, and I've also done a couple of hundred miles of bike racks with bikes in that 292 wh/m figure. I'm going to destroy my November figures with a ski trip next weekend.

Lifetime on our S P85 so far is 291 wh/m for 52000miles. For the first few months I was over 300wh/m.
My best ever commute with that was 225wh/m.
(My commute hasn't changed for over 3 years)

So yes I'd suggest that considering similar age of cars (and specifically tires) that in real world conditions (particularly commuting) it seems that the X 75D with stock 20" wheels is a touch better than a 2013 S P85 with stock 19" wheels.
Hence I expect that in 50000 miles my lifetime average should be about 290-300wh/m depending on how my commute and trips change in that time.

PRoj_3zcuJd7P6b1OjAVg8CoGAQP62wHg2_zzg2F-HJt0RVrQzKjlmiAIqEk5iEgLxFdrT9eXJ_7lCz1e3sobI7EsoC8F_Uy6dWqd0PzkxuRu04Erlr2BxPQIMd74AAN1FzbaE8d6Vsead94Ult5X-_PrVsYhYM8eVbbITo82JEdKLuMJlzUbKe-lR0MV20iKqdQJn5llmRKJJuD6tr8JmRz-XBCvrJaCHjghRxUauDbniyG_ryqtlp4gTwJhgGlcEb_NlPl-8CW9QBcFSSVZmv755CiOMa9400DyQjl0ycl6O7UywRHCeC7VRodAxHGcYLz0LfKP2IyBr6k78znUjdcKABDjHV6tzgzGSeiBwLfusiPsBIt_59M1-y1BkQFLvjUwHVTOfdR9ipf7pLXcMMpaO1ND741F5oA4tRzJ3i0hh3BQN-UWealDTK8pGwZydpT-H3in-um0_ivdhYWljVEvfOOF8iaNpicKj_OyMgc0MvNnkyMgvFIppglte0OHHqj6RHWynnj5CpeytBia9dT4Bp2HLigUdrVLzF5MVfQiLGjbfakw1Ra_EvNcgK9gqzpsj4IJExayiV7tqHZNiuEihqLsyHEiAhf7YSrbPnIftmtiQ=w1944-h1458-no

Highway driving, I observed at 72mph I can equal the rated 350 wh/mi. I am happy with that result. With my ICE vehicles with 30+ years of driving, I never achieved rated mileage. I was always under. With the same driving behaviors, I find it easy to maintain the rated mileage with my MX.

Reactions: Ormond
8000 miles, down to 333 Wh/mi. The downtick seems to correlate with the installation of 8.0 and, potentially, the increased regen.

Either way.. getting closer to some of you. My Model S is 299Wh/mi at 35k miles, for reference.
I've only had my car for a week and maybe 100 miles. There was a software update on Christmas and I feel like the regen rate was relaxed. Is this possible? Has anyone else noticed this?

I've only had my car for a week and maybe 100 miles. There was a software update on Christmas and I feel like the regen rate was relaxed. Is this possible? Has anyone else noticed this?
Which version did you go from and to? The lasted updates are listed at http://ev-fw.com and there were some comments about regen being lighter at higher speeds but stronger at very low speeds but this was before the current rash of updates

I've noticed this as well. However, I suspect what is happening is that initially, the regen quickly ramped up and you really noticed it. Now, it's a more gradual, smooth ramp-up. No way to do a comparative test, unless someone still hasn't updated.

Which version did you go from and to? The lasted updates are listed at Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App and there were some comments about regen being lighter at higher speeds but stronger at very low speeds but this was before the current rash of updates
Well, there's a data base I never even imagined! How do I find my former and current build number? The car was "in production from 11/28 to 12/3/2016.

Well, there's a data base I never even imagined! How do I find my former and current build number? The car was "in production from 11/28 to 12/3/2016.
Press the Tesla T at the top of the screen to get a pop up with name, mileage, VIN, and current software version. Your service center may have a record of the version the car had at delivery.

I tried to skim the forums to find definitive information on whether the "kWh since last charge" figure included HVAC usage in D and P. Failing to find this info I tested it myself.

Findings:

Test Start 85% charge and 9.3kWh used since last charge.
IMG_4931.jpg
IMG_4932.PNG

After 30 min heat full blast in P, 80% batt and 9.3kWh used since last charge.
IMG_4933.PNG

Put car into D and stepped on brakes, heat on full blast for a few min. Goes from 80% to 79% SOC but still 9.3kWh used since last charge
IMG_4934.PNG
IMG_4936.jpg

Has anyone gotten different results? Seems clear on my car and my FW HVAC usage isn't taken into account in "kWh since last charge" figure in either D or P.