Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Colors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
^^That's a nice blue.

How about some other metallic colours, such as gold ...

volvo-xc60.jpg

or copper

volvo-v40-cross-country-18%u0025255B2%u0025255D.jpg

Just adding to those voices who thought the Model S brown and green were amazing and are missed. Now green didn't suprise me as I generally like metallic green for cars, but the brown... i would have never thought that can look good until I saw one in person. Beautiful velvety, chocolate brown... hope they bring these 2 back. I hate the "50 shades of grey" they sell now. So boring, (Oh and a darker cherry red would be a nice addition too).

Whoa whoa, do Bentleys really come in that many colors???

Yes, because they are painted by hand.

I bet Model X will have exactly the same color palette as Model S. I doubt Green and Brown come back, but I would expect them to be replaced by new colors this quarter. Minus Sig Red and the previous two, Tesla is down to 7 colors (Black, Silver, Gray, Blue, Red, Pearl, White). We know they are capable of running at least 10, so should bring a couple more in soon. Hopefully a couple brighter than what's currently available.

Whoa whoa, do Bentleys really come in that many colors???
Yes, because they are painted by hand.

I bet Model X will have exactly the same color palette as Model S. I doubt Green and Brown come back, but I would expect them to be replaced by new colors this quarter. Minus Sig Red and the previous two, Tesla is down to 7 colors (Black, Silver, Gray, Blue, Red, Pearl, White). We know they are capable of running at least 10, so should bring a couple more in soon. Hopefully a couple brighter than what's currently available.
Yea that's pretty amazing customization options! I'm hoping for a new colour palette. We are a few years past the original Model S ones and with the new paint shop hopefully it'll give more even options.

Although I'm delighted to have a low number on Sig list (#205), my one fear is that SIG owners will have a limited color choice. The X is much less a sports sedan than the S, appealing to me more for its room, height above the road, and somewhat more conservative purpose in life. I'm not sure which colors were available at first for the SIG S's, but I know that the SIG red was pushed, which I would really object to in an X. Call me dull, but I'm hoping a fresh new gray will be available for SIGs, or that we have the full color palette to choose from.

Do the dark colours such as black and blue have a higher insurance than the white or red for Tesla. It's just I thought that because darker colours blended into asphalt/tarmac roads that they were harder to see and more likely to be involved in crash so insurance was higher?