Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X December Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Again,

I just got an e-mail this morning. My Model X has finished. Below is the time line for mine so far:

Configured: 11/13/16
Confirmed: 11/16/16
Received Vin: 11/19/16
Production Start: 12/05/16
Production Complete: 12/09/16
VIN: 301XX

Even though I am in Louisiana, I will pick it up at the Houston Tesla Dealership. Also, My DS Dayan has been great! He has had quick responses every time. My DS is on vacation but I hope to setup a delivery date next week! :)

Reactions: Ambidexter
Tha

I'm paying part of the car via money orders so that could be why. Although mytesla just got updated to "in transit" so perhaps my ds is incorrect? I'll have to check with her again.

My DS has scheduled a 12/28 appointment in Austin. We picked this date a few months ago due to our vacation plans. I am pretty sure we could have picked an earlier date.
Here is my latest status update in mytesla. Again, I have never gotten a single email from tesla on my progress .I found it interesting everytime my DS reached out to me on a certain milestone, the status in mytesla would update the next day. Could be coincidence...

Your Model X is undergoing final inspection, detail, and charging in preparation for delivery.

By the way, we only have a 30 min time slot with the DS, so I guess we'll have to figure everything out on our own.

My DS has scheduled a 12/28 appointment in Austin. We picked this date a few months ago due to our vacation plans. I am pretty sure we could have picked an earlier date.
Here is my latest status update in mytesla. Again, I have never gotten a single email from tesla on my progress .I found it interesting everytime my DS reached out to me on a certain milestone, the status in mytesla would update the next day. Could be coincidence...

Your Model X is undergoing final inspection, detail, and charging in preparation for delivery.

By the way, we only have a 30 min time slot with the DS, so I guess we'll have to figure everything out on our own.
@bird2730
I ordered 11/12 at the Domain in Austin but taking delivery in Denver, CO.

Who was your OA and did you get good factual info from him/her?
When did you place your order? zDid you order a 5 seater.

Please respond since I'm trying to figure out where I am in the time line.
I've been In Queue since 11/20.

Thanks for your help.

I hate to rehash the obvious, but my MyTesla page updated to "in production" on Monday of this week, and I just received the email today (Friday). It is a little disappointing that a tech car company can't align their systems to talk to each other, but it will all be worth it when my MX delivers soon.

I hate to rehash the obvious, but my MyTesla page updated to "in production" on Monday of this week, and I just received the email today (Friday). It is a little disappointing that a tech car company can't align their systems to talk to each other, but it will all be worth it when my MX delivers soon.
My MX went into production early Tuesday morning and I received the email around 5pm tonight (Friday).

Reactions: 8XATL
Hey guys, finally took delivery of my MX60D last night! It's been a fantastic 24hrs! :)

Quick walk around showed the build quality was fine. Completely avoiding looking at the the fit and finish issues too closely, just want to enjoy the car. Read all the forums, user manual and pretty much everything I could get my hands on during the 3+ month wait but the first day with the car has still been a bit of information overload figuring out all the buttons and features. Most of us are familiar with all the cool stuff but wanted to share a few thoughts of the not so cool stuff from the first 24hrs. Hope it helps others be better prepared who are just about to pick up.

Most noticeable issue from the first day is that I am no where close to the 300-350 Wh/mile I had hoped. Hovering in the 600-700Wh/mile!!! Started the day with 95% charge and after 55 miles, ended the day with only 45% charge! That would put my 100% to 0% range at only 110miles. :( Of course, there were several spirited accelerations from traffic lights but nothing too crazy I thought. Will have to watch for this more closely over the next few weeks. The NEMA 14-50 and UMC seem to be working great!

Noticing a distinct loud brake squeal as I come to stop at traffic lights. Quite annoying, need to see if it goes away. If not, that is something I will take up with service. Another pain is my garage. I only have 2-3 inches margin on each side and I use to be able to park fine with my previous car as I could see the front hood which I used as a visual guide while pulling in. I can't really see the hood/frunk on the X from the driver seat, so struggling with a frame of reference. I am just getting out of the car to make sure I am centered before pulling in. Hopefully that is just teething trouble and I'll figure it out over time. If anyone has tips, please let me know. BTW, garage door homelink setup was a breeze!

Today was very cold by Dallas standards, hovering around 28-30F and the heating system's effectiveness was so-so. It was not uncomfortable by any stretch but not quite as effective as my previous ICE vehicles. As the user manual suggests, the seat warmers are probably the most effective in making one "feel" warm. Also found some useful some posts on TMC about strategies like disabling the auto control, have to try that later.

At the time of pickup, the car was showing 8.0 software with version 2.44.something and was scheduled for an overnight software update. On the drive home, even basic cruise control was not available. This morning, the software updated to 2.48.35 and I now have basic cruise control (not TACC). Not sure about any other details, the release note page only shows the general v8.0 software notes. At least I haven't figured out where the 2.48.35 specific notes are.

On to the fun stuff! Love the huge screen and all the "toys" to play with. The quiet powerful electric drive is the best part and I am guessing it will never get old. I am meh on the FWD but pretty much everyone who sees them is a fan. Gave a few tours and test rides today and am guessing that may be the norm for a while. The tours are entertaining because I myself am also still fumbling with all the controls....:)

Now that the wait for the car is over, I am beginning my wait for EAP! C'mon v8.1! C'est la vie! :p

Model X90D 6 seat VIN 300xx
Ordered 11/8
Confirmed 11/15
Into production 12/9
Shows December / Early January, hoping for mid December. Picking up at SLC service center.

That's is very close to my order from Salt Lake, They told me if I had it delivered I would still get it before the end of the year.
So I'm having them delver it to my house in Riverton Wyoming.

VIN 313xx
Ordered 11/16
Confirmed 11/23
Currently scheduled for production
Estimated Delivery Range: Late December - January, 2017