Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X December Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: DS called me this morning and said he is still not sure if I can pick up my X tmr. According to him my X is "very very very close to be ready" and he will stay until 10 tonight and if my X is ready by tmr morning then I can still pick up my X at 1pm. My gut feeling is it will not be ready on time. I don't know what "very very very close" means to tesla as I have heard similar terms numerous times already.
Well, I really hope you get it tomorrow. It will give me some hope. Best of luck! :)

Reactions: Finder
Yes. Car was done from production on the 23rd and he scheduled me for Monday the 26th but had to take the wife shopping after her doctor visit so I pushed 2 days as I was busy today. It was a long 2 days haha! I don't even have a charger set up at home yet!

Congrats on your early delivery and I wish I could join the pick-up party tmr. I don't have the charger yet either and I will be friends with superchargers in the mean time. :)

Even though I'm way out here in Atlanta, I'm hearing the same prices from people. I have a couple of friends who went with the 240V NEMA 14-50 but I will try to go ahead with the HPWC. The electrician I'm using refuses to give me a price quote until they see my garage. The only thing that concerns me (and I'm a complete novice when it comes to electrical home wiring, mind you) is that my circuit breaker is located in my basement, so I'm worried it might be a headache. Fortunately, the builder is still in my neighborhood, so I can pull them from what they're doing if the electrician has any questions. With that being said, if any of you are looking to buy a new house, other than my builder, most other builders will go ahead and install the 240V NEMA per your request for little to nothing. They actually prefer to do this.

Received our Model X yesterday. Almost one month exactly after we ordered. Pretty amazing turnaround! The car was almost perfect as far as fit and finish. There was a buff-scratch in the front center of the hood right near the edge which you can only see in the right lighting, but otherwise it is hard to notice. Still, it is only a lease, so we pointed it out. The only other problem I could see (other than the safety features temporarily being disabled with 2.0 hardware) was a piece of plastic which seems to be loose on the door side of the driver seat under the seat. It doesn't seem to fall off or snap in. I didn't notice it at the time of delivery. Still, very minor. All panels / handles lined up great and FWD worked perfectly. Front glass looked good.

When anyone else sits in an idle tesla, do they get the feeling like they are in an airplane? Similar sounds I guess. I notice it more in the Model X than in my S. There is more of an ambient hum

• Informative
Reactions: 8XATL and Finder
When anyone else sits in an idle tesla, do they get the feeling like they are in an airplane? Similar sounds I guess. I notice it more in the Model X than in my S. There is more of an ambient hum

Congrats on the car!

As for sounding like an airplane, I don't know about the idle sound, but I have always considered to motor acceleration whine very similar to the acceleration sound a jet lifting off makes - though the jet of course has the combustion rumble underneath the whine...

Update: DS called me this morning and said he is still not sure if I can pick up my X tmr. According to him my X is "very very very close to be ready" and he will stay until 10 tonight and if my X is ready by tmr morning then I can still pick up my X at 1pm. My gut feeling is it will not be ready on time. I don't know what "very very very close" means to tesla as I have heard similar terms numerous times already.

Update2: Just called DS and he said vehicle is not ready yet. Moved appointment to Friday. I'm completely disappointed on the customer service.

• Disagree
Reactions: 3s-a-charm
Are most of you financing or leasing? We leased our Model S and ended up putting WAY too many miles than the allowed 15K/year. For this reason I'm leaning towards financing the Model X.

Well my wife did a lease, even though she knows she will go over the 15K miles. But then again she is a realtor and uses it almost entirely for business, so the write-off is better.

Reactions: 3s-a-charm
Congrats on the car!

As for sounding like an airplane, I don't know about the idle sound, but I have always considered to motor acceleration whine very similar to the acceleration sound a jet lifting off makes - though the jet of course has the combustion rumble underneath the whine...

For me I meant it reminds me of when I board an airplane. You sit down, there is the systems starting up and the air going through the cabin. That hum noise sounds the same on the plane. As for the sound when you accelerate... it sounds like an effect out of a sci-fi movie.

Reactions: 8XATL
IMG_6746.JPG
Just picked mine up this am from Austin. A few alignment issues with fwd that were not alarming. Overall everything was satisfactory as expected!

Update2: Just called DS and he said vehicle is not ready yet. Moved appointment to Friday. I'm completely disappointed on the customer service.
Sorry to hear this. Mine might not be ready by Friday either. We're already discussing other options (within Tesla) if this is delivery doesn't take place by then. Stay on them (politely) - You'll get your MX soon...

Reactions: Finder