Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X delivery delayed; anyone else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Similarly, ordered Aug '21 initial delivery was April '22, today it jumped out to July '22. I called my delivery location and she confirmed that it seems to be all Model Xs. She hasn't heard from any other Model owners today. Pile up more cash in the meantime!!

My Model X was intended to come in January. However, I logged onto the Tesla website yesterday to discover that it was changed to Februrary. Thing is, it NEVER notified me about this. Has anyone else experienced this undercover delay?
Never got a notification, but called my delivery location and told them three things Tesla needs to start doing for these pushed out delivery dates, after all they're breaking, essentially, a promise:
1. Email the owner, we already have accounts in the system, just fire off a stupid email.
2. Give some FREE charging on the super charger network. 100 miles per month moved out. i.e. April -> July (300 miles of FREE charging)
3. Reduce some of the cost of the vehicle. ($1000 per month moved out. i.e. April -> July ($3,000 reduced cost).

They can afford it with this demand. Who is with me?

My model X delivery was bumped from April to July this morning, no notification I just have been checking the app every day to see if this was going to happen after the news on delays. Called the store all they could do was confirm. I told them I would consider other specs, even a plaid and she said that might help but probably not.

Reactions: Prairie
Dear Tesla. I just figured out I have a 500 mile; 10 hour w charging trip to your service/delivery center. I expect my X to be perfect when I show up for delivery and final payment $$$.I cannot come back in a week for fixing things that should not be wrong and should have been caught and fixed before I was even contacted that the car was ready. If it needs fixing, it’s not ready for delivery to the customer. I want this to be a good experience. Isn’t that what we all want? Please be considerate of our time. Please Improve quality and service. It’s more important than another second quicker acceleration or some stupid sound effects. Many more people will appreciate your cars and company and spread good words rather than bad. Thank you. Looking forward to eventually actually taking my X.
AMEN

Reactions: Prairie
My model X delivery was bumped from April to July this morning, no notification I just have been checking the app every day to see if this was going to happen after the news on delays. Called the store all they could do was confirm. I told them I would consider other specs, even a plaid and she said that might help but probably not.
Me too theoretical July. There must be problems in the manufacturing. II just sunk $2k in making my 16 yr old Toyota road safe to see me through.

Right, my advisor said it was all Model Xs.

I ordered a new LR Model X on 9/20/21. Delivery has been April up to now, but checking today shows JULY. Really???

No notification from Tesla. That certainly will affect my trade-in value. Very poor customer service, and beginning to ask myself why I should wait another 5 months and if my future Tesla experience will be better than it has been.

Last week I had an estimated delivery date for my Plaid for Oct. 22. Then Sunday the 20th I was informed I would be able to pick it up later this week and has been scheduled for Saturday Feb. 26th.
Congrats. Plaid 6 seaters are the car to order if you want it sooner.

Unfortunately for me, I want another 5 seater so I can haul things when I need to. You can put a 6-foot bookcase in the back of a 5 seater.

• Love
Reactions: Prairie and sorka
Congrats. Plaid 6 seaters are the car to order if you want it sooner.

Unfortunately for me, I want another 5 seater so I can haul things when I need to. You can put a 6-foot bookcase in the back of a 5 seater.
I had ordered the 5 seater and had to change it to a 6 seater in Jan. Was told be a Tesla rep that Model X Plaids will only come as six seaters from now on.