Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X delivery delayed; anyone else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome to buying a Tesla. We are on our 3rd car and you don't have a real date until a week or two before you pick it up.

Since you buy direct from the manufacturer, days before you pick it up your car as a pile of parts. They are not building until someone orders.
Well we ordered many months ago.

Mine changed, again, to March. 5 seater Blue. I’m getting older. I hope this means more and better features when it does come.
Thanks for the update... Just checked our MX Plaid 5 seat...went from Oct 21 every month to now March 22... uhg! No option to change to 6 seat which don't care, just ship something! How disorganized can a Company be? We originally ordered a Long Range X back in Feb 21 because the SM suggested it. Then after checking Google posts no X's, so ordered MS Plaid and took delivery June. Had it for 1 month and didn't like it...Turned around in June and re-ordered MX Plaid. A disaster not being able to demo and $140k vehicle? Too late for Rivian as they are out 1.5 years.

Soooooo, ordered a XPlaid last fall, deliver date is April.
I received a call from the factory stating my 5 seater needs to be changed to 6.
My contact gave me his e-mail and said I need to let them know the next day.
Have not been able to reach him after several attempts. So, reading other comments, is it possible Tesla has changed their minds and are going back to the 5 seater?..

Thanks for the update... Just checked our MX Plaid 5 seat...went from Oct 21 every month to now March 22... uhg! No option to change to 6 seat which don't care, just ship something! How disorganized can a Company be? We originally ordered a Long Range X back in Feb 21 because the SM suggested it. Then after checking Google posts no X's, so ordered MS Plaid and took delivery June. Had it for 1 month and didn't like it...Turned around in June and re-ordered MX Plaid. A disaster not being able to demo and $140k vehicle? Too late for Rivian as they are out 1.5 years.
At least they are shipping some. Ford, Rivian, and others have 1-2 year delays.

I placed my order for the MY LR (5 seater, no FSD) in july 2021, it was scheduled for delivery Jan 2022. Then it was pushed to Feb 2022 in December 2021. This week it was pushed to March 2022. Never received any notification.

This wait is so frustrating. I'm wondering if I should go to a showroom and ask them.

I placed my order for the MY LR (5 seater, no FSD) in july 2021, it was scheduled for delivery Jan 2022. Then it was pushed to Feb 2022 in December 2021. This week it was pushed to March 2022. Never received any notification.

This wait is so frustrating. I'm wondering if I should go to a showroom and ask them.
I think you mean MX LR. They are shipping to 6 seater orders placed one year ago. So don't dream too much, you will be happy to get yours before July.

Reactions: jboy210
My Model X was intended to come in January. However, I logged onto the Tesla website yesterday to discover that it was changed to Feburary. Thing is, it NEVER notified me about this. Has anyone else experienced this undercover delay?
I have same issue. Ordered in May 2021 and it’s been moved to March 2022. Damn Tesla.