Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X FAQ (wiki)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For reference, the 2016 Audi Q7 is 87" from mirror edge to mirror edge. The body itself is 77.4" wide.

2016_audi_q7_e-tron_tdi_dimensions.jpg

I posted those two in the wiki, thanks for the reply!

Q: Is there any issue opening FWDs and front doors at the same time (chance of collision)? [disproving a rumor]
A: Not a rumor. DS stated that front and FWD on same side should not be closed at the same time. Did not test if there are issues.

I still can´t imagine that happening - isn´t there a way to try it without any risk, like opening the front door just a bit manually, holding it there being ready to move it out of the way and then opening the FWD?

Q: What happens when pressing a FWD's close button when it is already closed? [disproving a rumor]
A: Nothing. The only way to attempt to do that is from the 2nd row button on the pillar - and it beeps and does nothing. (What did people think would happen??)

The guy in the post I linked said
(what happens if the passenger hits "door close" on the FWD when its already closed. In an elevator its fine, with the X it appears to be nothing good, though I don't want to repeat that experience).

and his whole post seemed to me like he was collecting negative stuff and partially even making it up.

I wish my wiki answer on the doors not colliding when opened simultaneously had not been overwritten. I had this confirmed by Tesla. Confirmed. Just so that it does not disappear again, I will post here, and then will put back into the wiki answers.

CONFIRMED

Front door and falcon door are perfectly fine to open at the same time as the opening arc of the front door is tangent to the arc of the falcon door. The only thing to be aware of is that given the close clearance between the doors, one should be careful not to place one's hand on the outside edge of a closed or nearly closed front door while the falcon door is in motion and also nearing the closed position. Basic due-care that one would apply to similarly-sensitive areas of a conventional door near the hinge point or when nearly closed.

I wish my wiki answer on the doors not colliding when opened simultaneously had not been overwritten. I had this confirmed by Tesla. Confirmed. Just so that it does not disappear again, I will post here, and then will put back into the wiki answers.

CONFIRMED

Front door and falcon door are perfectly fine to open at the same time as the opening arc of the front door is tangent to the arc of the falcon door. The only thing to be aware of is that given the close clearance between the doors, one should be careful not to place one's hand on the outside edge of a closed or nearly closed front door while the falcon door is in motion and also nearing the closed position. Basic due-care that one would apply to similarly-sensitive areas of a conventional door near the hinge point or when nearly closed.

Thanks! Sad people go so far as overwriting posts :(.

In case of a stand-alone wiki (not just wiki post inside a regular thread) one can at least see the change history, so we could tell who overwrote your reply.

Not being an X owner, I am not going to make any edits to the wiki post in this thread, but reading the first question "What is the width and the length of the Model X?", it appears that the posted answer describes the ground clearance of the Falcon Wings, which is not the correct answer to the first question about exterior dimensions.
Also, in the ACRONYMS section at the top of the wiki it is unclear to me why this is listed; "fwd = front wheel drive", since there are no front wheel drive Teslas. Or was this done to discourage people from using fwd as an acronym for Falcon Wing Doors?
I suggest that in that section it show "FWD = Falcon Wing Doors" since that is a convenient acronym when discussing the X.

It's not sad, but it can happen when two (or more) people are editing the same Wiki at the same time. The second person's response will automatically overwrite the first person's saved post.

Yes, of course that can happen. But that is not what happened in this case. My post was out there for several hours and was replaced with conflicting (and incorrect) information.

sweet, glad to know you can put 19" wheels on the Model X

265/50/19 (same load rating as 20")
275/45/20 (same load rating as 19")
285/35/22 (reduced load rating)

Note that is for rear tires only.

The 20" OEM setup is staggered with
Front:265/45R20 108H XL
Rear: 275/45R20 110H XL

The 22" OEM setup is staggered with
Front: 265/35ZR22 102W XL
Rear: 285/35ZR22 106W XL

I saw an owner video that had the Prielli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico on it so I'm assuming that is the OEM tire used but there may be more than one.

I'm assuming a 19" downsize would be to go to

265/50R19 110V XL on all four wheels in say the Scorpion Verde All Season Plus.

Last edited: