Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Founder Series - Facts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone with news regarding founder edt?

No call yet (Florida).

No call yet in Colorado either. I went to the store yesterday and there was little the salesperson knew. No printed brochures either.

He promised to email me an electronic brochure, but nothing yet.

no call yet california

And heard nothing in Norway since the email.

I don't know about your email, but my email indicated in would be two weeks. It's been 9 days.

Breathe!

LOL. If they insist they can make all the calls on the same day 14 days after - however it would make sense to spread the calls? How many ww are we talking about? 50 or so?

The reason for my impatience (admitted) if the closing tax free window here in DK. I haven't breathed normal since taxes on ev's from 2016 was announced on the 9th of October :-(

LOL. If they insist they can make all the calls on the same day 14 days after - however it would make sense to spread the calls? How many ww are we talking about? 50 or so?

The reason for my impatience (admitted) if the closing tax free window here in DK. I haven't breathed normal since taxes on ev's from 2016 was announced on the 9th of October :-(

I'd be willing to bet that none of us will take delivery of a Founders in 2015 (much less to Denmark). Founders can be made at any time - it's the VIN that sets it apart, plus some badging. If taking advantage of the tax window is important, than I'd buy a Model S now - and perhaps trade it in on the X. But I think it's highly unlikely that you'll see a Founders X in time to take advantage. Sorry ...

I'm also figuring the 'contact in two weeks' is a rough estimate. There are multiple inside sales folks - if they split it up & then all send out an email after 14 days saying 'what's a good time to talk?', then it's pretty easy to do.

I just received a call from Tesla in Palo Alto. The details are still vague. He said I will receive another follow-up call next week. I think they were reaching out to see who was interested in moving forward with purchasing a Founders X. Here is what I did find out:

- The Founders Edition Model X will be the cost of the base price of a P90D, not a 90D like a lot of us were hoping
- Founders orders will jump the line and some people may be able to take delivery this year still...that's the goal anyway I was told
- ALL options are free, including Ludicrous Mode
- Pricing is not available yet, but will be next week
- Not confirmed, but they expect us to be able to order next week

I just received a call from Tesla in Palo Alto. The details are still vague. He said I will receive another follow-up call next week. I think they were reaching out to see who was interested in moving forward with purchasing a Founders X. Here is what I did find out:

- The Founders Edition Model X will be the cost of the base price of a P90D, not a 90D like a lot of us were hoping
- Founders orders will jump the line and some people may be able to take delivery this year still...that's the goal anyway I was told
I second the above, I just got the call too. So 5k more then a base p90d would be approx $115,500 USD :( I guess count me out of it even though I need to get out of my POS Model S.

I just hung up also and got similar info ... I did ask about delivery, that I prefer after the first of the year and he said that was most likely ... but they will mix the build into the current production line. I want the tax write off next year so we'll see once we configure I guess. I also asked about the Hummer deduction for businesses. He didn't know anything about that. Being a former gas guzzler I bought my 06 Hummer H2 in the business and took advantage of it back then. Have a call into my CPA as I have seen some comments on it somewhere. Hereeeee we go .... I said I was interested ,,,,,,,,:) (Info from an article in HNGN web site "Yes, the curb weight of Model X is 5,441 lbs. So we expect the GVWR to exceed 6,000 lbs. This means a Section 179 deduction could be taken for to up to $25,000 of the purchase price," according to Tesla spokesperson Alexis Georgeson.)

I second the above, I just got the call too. So 5k more then a base p90d would be approx $115,500 USD :( I guess count me out of it
Too bad it's not transferable. I would gladly take a Founders model at that price in place of a production X. I'll be waiting longer and paying more for less!
even though I need to get out of my POS Model S.
I wasn't aware there was such a thing...

Very disapointing that they say that the base price of a Model X is the price of the Performance version.

won't change my decision. Not when we will be able to line jump!

- - - Updated - - -

So are you getting one?

Too bad it's not transferable. I would gladly take a Founders model at that price in place of a production X. I'll be waiting longer and paying more for less!

I wasn't aware there was such a thing...
it is when it's getting major repairs on a monthly basis that are never ending. just got du #4 Monday, and will be getting du #5 shortly. didn't even make it home before this one stared milling. but let's save that discussion for another thread.

Thanks for the update. No call here yet but typical of Tesla to place the calls on day 13 of their self-imposed 14 day window ;)

Update 15 min later.... just got the call, same info as above. He estimated early 2016 delivery for FL. Will enable configuration page next week.

Aww, Marcus ... be fair! They didn't say they'd call WITHIN two weeks, they said they'd call in about two weeks. And they did.

Kudos to the Inside Sales team for keeping this timeline commit.

got the call, he transferred my $5k deposit over to the founders edition and said I should be able to configure next week.... after which they will build immediately... he said I could have any config/options I wanted and would just be charged the base price...

got the call, he transferred my $5k deposit over to the founders edition and said I should be able to configure next week.... after which they will build immediately... he said I could have any config/options I wanted and would just be charged the base price...

As I just said in another thread, I wouldn't get too emotionally invested in the build starting quite that quickly. Maybe. I've been wrong plenty of times. :)

Got the call today.
As others have said, price is for the P90D with no options.
Standard Founders car is fully spec'd (like a Sig) - all options except ludicrous, tow package and cold weather package. Any trim, any wheels, any seat config, any color including Sig Red
Ludicrous, tow package and cold weather package can be added for free
You will pay sales tax based on total retail price, including any options.

Will include Founders logo on back

One other piece of info - the config can be delayed up to six months - i.e., mid May. As soon as you decide to place the order you get put into the build sequence immediately.

Configurator should be available next week to those of us who qualify.