Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X July Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got an update email. My Model X was originally reported to be going into production the end on May, now they said mid-June. Delivery projected to be June or July. I don't think there is any way that I can get it in June. A July date seems a little too optimistic also, to me; therefore, I think I will get it for my birthday the first week of August!

I would just as soon that it entered production in early July in order to miss the end of quarter rush thru QC!

I received similar news today, seems like tesla is shifting the East Coast deliveries to Q2, and moving up all West Coast orders to make the Q2 deadline. Good for company not great for FL orders. My car was supposed to be in production this week, they aren't sure it will even start next week. There is a lot of production line optimization going on right now.

This is troubling news considering your VIN's. Hopefully you're right about them focusing on West coast production and deliveries though. ;)

No doubt. I confirmed about a week after you, and I'm in Portland. My DS is saying mid June production and still thinking delivery by end of June, which I will be thrilled with, but I'm not holding my breath. @goneskiian Did your car go into production yet?

No doubt. I confirmed about a week after you, and I'm in Portland. My DS is saying mid June production and still thinking delivery by end of June, which I will be thrilled with, but I'm not holding my breath. @goneskiian Did your car go into production yet?
Same story from my DS. On the production schedule for mid June. I'm kinda hoping he's wrong though and it will actually arrive in mid June. I've got a trip I need to schedule for the 15th or so until the 24th and while it would be great to get it just before then so it can go in for some tinting, wrapping, and coating while I'm gone, it's probably more realistic to expect it when I get back. :(:p;)

Heard from my DS today confirmed production date of 6/20 with mid July to early August delivery...

Model X 75D | Black | 20" Silver | 6 Tan Leather seats | Light Headliner | Matte Obeche | AutoPilot | Accessory Hitch | SAS | Subzero | Reserved 2016/02/29 | Ordered 2016/03/10 | Confirmed 2016/03/18 | SAS 2016/05/12 | VIN 08835 Assigned 2016/05/24

• Informative
Reactions: ssq
Heard from my DS today confirmed production date of 6/20 with mid July to early August delivery...

Model X 75D | Black | 20" Silver | 6 Tan Leather seats | Light Headliner | Matte Obeche | AutoPilot | Accessory Hitch | SAS | Subzero | Reserved 2016/02/29 | Ordered 2016/03/10 | Confirmed 2016/03/18 | SAS 2016/05/12 | VIN 08835 Assigned 2016/05/24

Just a quick thank you for getting your date terminology right. I hate to be a whiner, but I always double take when people list something like 06/14 as their "ordered" date. It takes me a minute to realize that's June 2014 that they reserved, not that they actually ordered from the design studio on June 14th.

My first post on TMC! Last weekend I test drove the Model X, absolutely loved it, came home that evening and placed my order for one. Here's what I ordered:

Model X 90D | Pearl White Multi-Coat | 20" | Ultra White | 7 seats | Matte Obeche | PUP | AP | Subzero | UHFS | High Amp Upgrade | Ordered 2016/05/22 | Scheduled for Confirmation on 2016/05/29 | July Delivery per Tesla's site at the time of my order

However, after reading through the other posts in this thread, I'm now skeptical if July is going to be realistic for taking Delivery? While I'm obviously extremely excited at getting my Model X as soon as possible...I'm also trading in my current vehicle in the next few days and will be relying on the wifey and Uber to get me around until my X arrives. So July would be great, but am I really looking at August or even September?? Any other words of wisdom to keep my sanity until my X arrives?

My first post on TMC! Last weekend I test drove the Model X, absolutely loved it, came home that evening and placed my order for one. Here's what I ordered:

Model X 90D | Pearl White Multi-Coat | 20" | Ultra White | 7 seats | Matte Obeche | PUP | AP | Subzero | UHFS | High Amp Upgrade | Ordered 2016/05/22 | Scheduled for Confirmation on 2016/05/29 | July Delivery per Tesla's site at the time of my order

However, after reading through the other posts in this thread, I'm now skeptical if July is going to be realistic for taking Delivery? While I'm obviously extremely excited at getting my Model X as soon as possible...I'm also trading in my current vehicle in the next few days and will be relying on the wifey and Uber to get me around until my X arrives. So July would be great, but am I really looking at August or even September?? Any other words of wisdom to keep my sanity until my X arrives?
Sanity? Yeah, if possible just forget the whole thing and don't look at the forums. Then one magical day your DS will call and you'll be delighted with one of the most amazing cars on the planet.

Or, the more likely scenario you'll be obsessed with the forums, hoping for any scrap of information that might indicate when your car might be in production, and how well built it might be.

Welcome to the insanity! Also, nice config. Matches mine exactly, less paint color and tow package. I'm super excited for the ultra white seats. I just hope they hold up to my four kids! Did your Tesla store have samples of all the trim options? I'm still in the dark with them. I don't have strong preferences, and the matte Obeche was the freebie when I ordered.

• Funny
Reactions: WABarb
Sanity? Yeah, if possible just forget the whole thing and don't look at the forums. Then one magical day your DS will call and you'll be delighted with one of the most amazing cars on the planet.

Or, the more likely scenario you'll be obsessed with the forums, hoping for any scrap of information that might indicate when your car might be in production, and how well built it might be.

Welcome to the insanity! Also, nice config. Matches mine exactly, less paint color and tow package. I'm super excited for the ultra white seats. I just hope they hold up to my four kids! Did your Tesla store have samples of all the trim options? I'm still in the dark with them. I don't have strong preferences, and the matte Obeche was the freebie when I ordered.

Yes, my store had samples of all the trim options, as well as almost a dozen Xs that were just received and about to be prepped for delivery that they let me look at in terms of options and color combinations. Their test drive X was a Gray w/ White Interior, looked amazing as well. I have been contemplating going with the Pearl White on White, but it looks so good from the inside and the Pearl White really looks classy, and I hope will hide a lot of stuff (dirt, mud, pollen, etc.) compared to darker colors. Still debating whether I should go Black w/ White Seats, but my current vehicle that I'm about to trade away is Black, so I want something different. I have one more day (today) to make any changes to my order...

nothing against you but it's amazing that you can order a 90d and get it in a few mths while others were on a wait list for 3+ yrs (plus outlaying 5k) and are still waiting for delivery. What's the point of being on a wait list?

nothing against you but it's amazing that you can order a 90d and get it in a few mths while others were on a wait list for 3+ yrs (plus outlaying 5k) and are still waiting for delivery. What's the point of being on a wait list?

Yes, I understand and would be frustrated as well. That's why I am skeptical whether I actually will get mine in July...I would think folks that have been waiting for much longer than me will get theirs first. I guess I'm not understanding how Tesla is prioritizing orders and deliveries...

Congrats on your order! I'm very surprised your DS was able to give you a solid production date of 6/20... From the collective experiences, I would not bet on that date. You may be surprised that production might actually start in August. Especially since you're in FL.

Congrats on your order! I'm very surprised your DS was able to give you a solid production date of 6/20... From the collective experiences, I would not bet on that date. You may be surprised that production might actually start in August. Especially since you're in FL.
@systemcrashed - Totally agree. Not counting on what they are telling me but at least things are looking more hopefully than they did 1-2 months ago...Can't complain though, originally I figured end of year when I first ordered so anything earlier is apple pie... :)

@systemcrashed - Totally agree. Not counting on what they are telling me but at least things are looking more hopefully than they did 1-2 months ago...Can't complain though, originally I figured end of year when I first ordered so anything earlier is apple pie... :)
I think because you are in Florida your production dates are earlier than those in California. Based on the updates from folks, most people on the East Coast got their VINs before California, so they'd be going earlier. I was told that I was sequenced for the 1st 2 weeks in July. I think we'd all be getting our 75Ds all around the same time :) Wishful thinking!

Dropped off my trade-in today to my Tesla Store/SC in Tyson's Corner, VA. I've been working directly with the store manager who assured me that generally Model X deliveries have been coming in on time for them, and in some cases, even early. He said if at the time of my order (5/22) it said July delivery, I should expect it 3rd or 4th week of that month, since now/a week later new orders are slated for August delivery. Let's hope this hold true...I will be relegated to trolling these great forums on TMC until then and live vicariously through others. :)

P.S. - Hope this post puts me over the threshold to be able to have a signature...

Reactions: passcore
Dropped off my trade-in today to my Tesla Store/SC in Tyson's Corner, VA. I've been working directly with the store manager who assured me that generally Model X deliveries have been coming in on time for them, and in some cases, even early. He said if at the time of my order (5/22) it said July delivery, I should expect it 3rd or 4th week of that month, since now/a week later new orders are slated for August delivery. Let's hope this hold true...I will be relegated to trolling these great forums on TMC until then and live vicariously through others. :)

P.S. - Hope this post puts me over the threshold to be able to have a signature...

Thanks for your post. Are you also working with a DS at that location? I am, and what I am hearing from her are slow delays, but not in so many words. I've been pushed from an April delivery to maybe July--and my car is not yet in production. (Confirmed on 3/26; 90D, almost all options.)

Had my order confirm on 05/26 but no VIN yet. I expected a little bit of delay due to the long weekend. However, I am curious now whether anyone else on the east coast or South East got a VIN assigned for a 90D over the last couple of days. I am still hoping for a July delivery as "promised" when I put in an order