Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X July Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered on May 22nd, confirmed on May 29th (Design Studio had July delivery when I ordered), but still no VIN or update from my DS. Granted, it's only been two weeks since confirmation, but still. Not sure why some folks get VINs in a few days or week and others have to wait longer/months. One would think that process is consistently assigning VINs to orders...

I ordered on May 22nd, confirmed on May 29th (Design Studio had July delivery when I ordered), but still no VIN or update from my DS. Granted, it's only been two weeks since confirmation, but still. Not sure why some folks get VINs in a few days or week and others have to wait longer/months. One would think that process is consistently assigning VINs to orders...
It is well known that Tesla batches similar vehicles together. You may have just missed out on the last batch of Pearl White paint and will need to wait till it comes round again.

I am on the same boat. I confirmed a couple of days before you did and no VIN yet. The design studio had a July delivery date at the time of the reservation. Not holding my breath for sure..

I am on the same boat. I confirmed a couple of days before you did and no VIN yet. The design studio had a July delivery date at the time of the reservation. Not holding my breath for sure..

Same boat as you guys. Deposit down 5/3, confirmed 5/10 and no VIN, delivery date or update to MVPA.

Only reason why we upgraded to 6 seats and SAS(didn't care for either) is to get it ASAP. Order page showed July, we were hoping for July but expecting early August. Going to be kind of annoyed (I know lots of you have waited longer) if it's September.

Same boat as you guys. Deposit down 5/3, confirmed 5/10 and no VIN, delivery date or update to MVPA.

Only reason why we upgraded to 6 seats and SAS(didn't care for either) is to get it ASAP. Order page showed July, we were hoping for July but expecting early August. Going to be kind of annoyed (I know lots of you have waited longer) if it's September.
If I have to bet, I'd bet on mid to late August for you. Order page showed May when I ordered, DS keeps telling me late June/early July (I'm personally thinking late June given reports of similar confirm date and configurations as me already being delivered). But batching and who knows what other voodoo might give you +- 2 months. Right now we're seeing lots of 5xxx deliveries, and some 6xxx-7xxx, but lots of 8xxx's are already built and on their way to Europe, and some super early 2xxx-4xxx are still waiting for delivery. Of issued VINs, I've seen as high as 109xx.

If it makes you feel any better, it seems like they're prioritizing P90D > 90D > 75D less now (given that lots of people earlier than me with 75Ds got VINs much later than me, and are now in production but I'm not). No hard feelings to them at all, just disappointing thinking I had jumped them in line, and then they jumped back. Leap frog!

If I have to bet, I'd bet on mid to late August for you. Order page showed May when I ordered, DS keeps telling me late June/early July (I'm personally thinking late June given reports of similar confirm date and configurations as me already being delivered). But batching and who knows what other voodoo might give you +- 2 months. Right now we're seeing lots of 5xxx deliveries, and some 6xxx-7xxx, but lots of 8xxx's are already built and on their way to Europe, and some super early 2xxx-4xxx are still waiting for delivery. Of issued VINs, I've seen as high as 109xx.

If it makes you feel any better, it seems like they're prioritizing P90D > 90D > 75D less now (given that lots of people earlier than me with 75Ds got VINs much later than me, and are now in production but I'm not). No hard feelings to them at all, just disappointing thinking I had jumped them in line, and then they jumped back. Leap frog!

Thanks for the post - super informative. I'm expecting mid August as well but hoping for early August. Feels like for he last 2 weeks the priority has been 90Ds ordering in May and 75Ds who were early reservation holders and confirmed before April, and like you said, it's more order of confirmation now.

@ccutrer other than the fact that your car is a 90D and mine is a 75D our cars are exactly the same even down to the paint. The production of mine will probably start around the 13-20th. If they do batching by configuration maybe ours will be batched.

Thanks for the post - super informative. I'm expecting mid August as well but hoping for early August. Feels like for he last 2 weeks the priority has been 90Ds ordering in May and 75Ds who were early reservation holders and confirmed before April, and like you said, it's more order of confirmation now.
@ccutrer other than the fact that your car is a 90D and mine is a 75D our cars are exactly the same even down to the paint. The production of mine will probably start around the 13-20th. If they do batching by configuration maybe ours will be batched.
... and our locations. They might build yours before mine so that we'll get it at approximately the same time (before the end of Q2). Those Q2 numbers are what I keep using to assure myself that I'll have it by the end of the month, even though supposedly it's not in production yet.

Reactions: mlouie23
According to my DS I need to leave you guys and move over to the june delivery heres the email i received this morning after asking for updates

"You were feeling the vibes because your Tesla went into production and was completed in less than a week! Too soon for me to even take notice! It will be in transit soon and has an estimated arrival time sometime next week. Once it arrives, our service team will do a Pre Delivery Inspection to ensure all is good & we can schedule a definite delivery date and time!

So we can shoot for a potential delivery next week sometime. I will let you know once it arrives"

hopefully he is right ill be sure to video the delivery day events and post for you guys to see.

X90D white with white interior 6 seat VIN 7054 pick up in PA confirmed 4/26/16
Your guy seems cool, mines pretty quiet. Probably because there's not much to tell me. I love the video of the delivery idea.

It shows up on your delivery page and your DS will usually reach out and introduce themselves at that time too. Most folks (OK maybe just the obsessive ones :confused::p) will notice the change on their My Tesla page first.

It took me a few days to get it after confirming. Some folks have waited months though. Now probably a week at most.
Is the vin# the RN number on the my Tesla page?

Same here. Confirmed X75 middle of April, upgraded to six seats for July delivery.
No VIN. DS says late August production early September delivery.
It appears to me that the X90 Orders are going to the front of the line.