Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X June Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 2 pieces of information today. One from my Owner Advisor (never knew I'd get one, but he called to introduce himself) and the other was from my DS. Has anyone worked with an Owner Advisor prior to delivery? First I've heard of this.

The Owner Advisor told me over the phone a June 20th date...but he didn't know if that's when production ends and QA begins but he said things should wrapping up around then. I'm a bit skeptical about what this means, but I believe him that June 20th is some date as that's what he read from his systems.

My DS (who's super responsive and informative) emailed me with a pro-forma MVPA that has the additional costs I'll have to pay like registration and taxes. I forgot for awhile about the large taxes :( He also congratulated me and said: "Your vehicle has been scheduled to enter production in the next week. We are anticipating delivery here in the next two weeks!" I asked him over email if June 20th meant anything, and if I could schedule perhaps June 25th or June 27th. He'll probably respond back tomorrow and will tell me he'll know more details once the X actually goes into production.

It's coming soon!
Take with the typical grain of Tesla salt - but my car entered production yesterday or so, and my MVPA generated today shows an "on or about" delivery of next Saturday (including transportation the short hop along I-80 to Utah). And given the recent Electrek article claiming 2000 S+X production per week, with X approaching the same rate as S for the percentage coming off the line not needing any additional work-- it definitely seems feasible for production start to delivery to be two weeks or less. Especially for you, living relatively close to the factory.

Reactions: mlouie23
Woohoo! Hopefully I'm in the June thread to stay now! Just got an e-mail requesting payment, and an MVPA in MyTesla showing
vehicle to be delivered on or about 06/25/2016 (with odometer at 50, in case anyone is still wondering about that; when I take delivery I'll be sure to make note of the actual reading).
Mine had 21 miles on it and the energy graph had a spike that went up to 1,600whm! Dyno maybe?

Emailed my DS last Thursday, he replied on Sunday night saying my car just entered product and reach me in a few weeks.......BUT! My tesla page is still showing in factory quere, is this normal? Below is the email copy

Your Model X has just entered production, and I expect that we’ll see it here in Portland in just a few weeks. I’ll be in touch once it’s on its way so we can discuss a firm delivery date.

Emailed my DS last Thursday, he replied on Sunday night saying my car just entered product and reach me in a few weeks.......BUT! My tesla page is still showing in factory quere, is this normal? Below is the email copy

Your Model X has just entered production, and I expect that we’ll see it here in Portland in just a few weeks. I’ll be in touch once it’s on its way so we can discuss a firm delivery date.
You will see the same status until you are sitting inside your Model X driving it home! They don't update it. :cool:

• Funny
Unfortunately Carlos continues to be Cagey! I emailed him and his response was the same cautious statement..
"No hassle! Your Model X is due to begin production towards the end of this month, so I should have you behind the wheel in early July at the latest, not much longer after the customer you mentioned (@ccutrer).. A bit disappointing since I am seeing Blue X90D with 8XXX VINs going as far away as the East coast!

Ah well as a wise old Jedi said "Patience young padawan"!

Or perhaps the Klingon is better.. "Patience is sometimes a more effective weapon than the sword." .. dropped that one in for you @ccutrer

PATIENCE! I'm VIN 4xxx and still don't have my X. Confirmed in January....

hopefully that puts it into perspective for you

PATIENCE! I'm VIN 4xxx and still don't have my X. Confirmed in January....

hopefully that puts it into perspective for you

Trust me I fully understand. I really don't understand why folks like you are getting shafted like this! You should have been in yours in April and have 2k miles on tt by now..
The patience is for ME.. I am not well know for it! I just keep reminding myself how others like you have been waiting so long after confirmation.

Has your been through assembly? Is this a QA issue?

Trust me I fully understand. I really don't understand why folks like you are getting shafted like this! You should have been in yours in April and have 2k miles on tt by now..
The patience is for ME.. I am not well know for it! I just keep reminding myself how others like you have been waiting so long after confirmation.

Has your been through assembly? Is this a QA issue?

I actually just spoke to my DS and he thinks it'll arrive today.

No...no QC issues..they just never built it! there was never a good reason. It just never went into production until recently.

Oh well....I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to take delivery on Friday.

Reactions: WABarb
Picking mine up today and my tesla also still says in wyd for production.. I spent the first month of waitin tirelessly checking my tesla for updates but it never does. so to anyone doing the same thing don't bother you'll drive yourself crazy!!!

I actually just spoke to my DS and he thinks it'll arrive today.

No...no QC issues..they just never built it! there was never a good reason. It just never went into production until recently.

Oh well....I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to take delivery on Friday.

Hmmm, maybe our solid whites were in the same production run and on the same truck. I was told it was put on a truck on Monday headed for FL.

Reactions: Leodoc
I got 2 pieces of information today. One from my Owner Advisor (never knew I'd get one, but he called to introduce himself) and the other was from my DS. Has anyone worked with an Owner Advisor prior to delivery? First I've heard of this.

The Owner Advisor told me over the phone a June 20th date...but he didn't know if that's when production ends and QA begins but he said things should wrapping up around then. I'm a bit skeptical about what this means, but I believe him that June 20th is some date as that's what he read from his systems.

My DS (who's super responsive and informative) emailed me with a pro-forma MVPA that has the additional costs I'll have to pay like registration and taxes. I forgot for awhile about the large taxes :( He also congratulated me and said: "Your vehicle has been scheduled to enter production in the next week. We are anticipating delivery here in the next two weeks!" I asked him over email if June 20th meant anything, and if I could schedule perhaps June 25th or June 27th. He'll probably respond back tomorrow and will tell me he'll know more details once the X actually goes into production.

It's coming soon!
Update: My DS called me and said I'll be going into production on or around June 20th. He's expecting to set a delivery date between June 27th-July 1st. He also stated that once it comes off the production line, get's QAd, it gets detailed and needs 48 hours to "dry and complete".

Once the car goes into auto detailing, that's when he'll reach out to me to set the date...basically 48 hours from his call is the 1st available time I could pick it up at the factory.

Hope I can stay in this thread!

Reactions: SSD420
Picking mine up today and my tesla also still says in wyd for production.. I spent the first month of waitin tirelessly checking my tesla for updates but it never does. so to anyone doing the same thing don't bother you'll drive yourself crazy!!!
I was told that the DSs like to under promise and over deliver, so if you're in contact with your DS then the real story is slightly better than what you're hearing :)