Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X March 2017 Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn't hold your breath on the 7 days. Mine went into production on 2/16 and still shows in production. I emailed my DS a few days ago and this is part of the response I got "Your Model X is in active production and moving along nicely. It's currently in the later stages and should be finishing up within the next week or so." What does "later stages mean?"

Forgive me for hoping it's either prioritization on the 75 or they ran out of White paint... :) We've basically been driving one car since mid-January and I'm very much looking forward to not carpooling across the entire bay area every day.

I wouldn't hold your breath on the 7 days. Mine went into production on 2/16 and still shows in production. I emailed my DS a few days ago and this is part of the response I got "Your Model X is in active production and moving along nicely. It's currently in the later stages and should be finishing up within the next week or so." What does "later stages mean?"

Well, remember that you also had to deal with shutdown time, so that added 10 days. Any car entering production now will be quicker.

Later stages to me means assembly, probably interior, etc.

My X 90D was in production only 3 days, according to emails stating when it entered production. The mytesla site is updated less frequently. After the email that it had finished production on 2/10, it was another Week before it was in transit. I pick it up Friday!
I'm also getting delivery Friday - albeit later as the old river is scheduled to pick up Friday morning in Vancouver and it's a 12h drive to Calgary so I'm expecting late in the afternoon/evening. Clear bra first thing Saturday morning then c-quartz at some point next week when it warms up.

In speaking with our S. Florida Service Center, sometimes they deliver them by train to Alabama and then truck them in and other times it's trucking the whole way. I can tell you from my experience of getting my car last week, that the delivery estimates seem to reduce as you get closer to the actual date. I realize this isn't much comfort, but it is well worth the wait.

Got a call today my car will be available next thursday. Picking up Friday of next week! YAHOOO!!!

Reactions: ToddS
I received 2 emails back to back. First said production started, then second said production finished. I had the impression that they has lost track and were catching up to the notifications. Then one day later it was being shipped to Columbus Ohio! Very little lead time to arrange payment and delivery appointment. All wrapped up within a week on 3/3/17. Blue X 75D with tan interior. Very happy!

• Helpful
Reactions: Brnz and TechVP
OK gang, I'm starting to hate this thread. It seems like everyone else is getting picked for the team, but not me. My 7-seater 100D was confirmed on Jan 28th but is still "scheduled for production" with a late-March - April delivery. I'm getting jealous. When does my email/call come? I'm even willing to have jgreer121X's problem of "very little time to arrange payment and delivery appointment"! Oh well, I've already waited years. What's another few weeks, right?

• Funny
Reactions: 3s-a-charm
OK gang, I'm starting to hate this thread. It seems like everyone else is getting picked for the team, but not me. My 7-seater 100D was confirmed on Jan 28th but is still "scheduled for production" with a late-March - April delivery. I'm getting jealous. When does my email/call come? I'm even willing to have jgreer121X's problem of "very little time to arrange payment and delivery appointment"! Oh well, I've already waited years. What's another few weeks, right?

Being in CA, you should have it by 3/29-3/31.

Finally. I got the call today from my DS. My X will be finished next Wednesday so I can pick up any time after that. Unfortunately my schedule will not allow me to pick up until March 21, but at least I have a date now. Picking up and doing the factory tour so it will be a very exciting day. Its nice to know the car will be waiting for me and I will no longer be waiting for it. MT still shows in production.

If you were not already aware of the epa certification limbo around the the 100D', you might check the end of this thread:
100D Buyers/Owners

• Informative
Reactions: TechVP
Wow whast a difference 4 days make! Your car is a week away and mine is 3 weeks. Do you know when your car was complete vs when it will arrive? I figure they have to fill up a truck before they bring them all down to the other end of the country

I received an email saying Production Complete on March 5th. DS said earliest delivery date was the 15th which I took. Sounds like a truck delivery vs rail. Our S went rail in 2015.

I'm right there with you, waiting is though. My order was 12/23 and still waiting to hear it entered production.

Mine was confirmed on January 14th, and I just went into production on Monday. Hang in there!

Apparently there is no method to this that anyone can understand... the updates on My Tesla, the emails from Tesla, and information from the DS are not even in chronological order.
The only guarantee is that we are all going to be lighter in the pocket sooner or later!!

Reactions: InsaneDriver
I'm also getting delivery Friday - albeit later as the old river is scheduled to pick up Friday morning in Vancouver and it's a 12h drive to Calgary so I'm expecting late in the afternoon/evening. Clear bra first thing Saturday morning then c-quartz at some point next week when it warms up.

Are you applying the cquartz yourself or having someone else do it? I am looking into opticoat pro plus IIe S. It's kind of pricey.