Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X May Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am vin 34xx in Houston. Got word that my car has arrived at the service center. Still don't know when I can get it. Was told typically 72 hrs before service releases it for delivery but my car was probably produced in towards the last week of April/early May so hopefully not as many issues. My tesla page still says in production queue for the last two weeks.

What was the date on your MVPA?

Just thought I would check back in after a few days of having my X. Unfortunately though we took delivery of our X on May 4th and she was picked up Tuesday and is comfortably at the Dania Beach SC with no estimate ETA. Issues:

1) the screen in front of driver (even on day of delivery) kept saying "key fob not detected car will not start". We were told at delivery it would go away after a few days but it never did. Though it said that it would start and go away normally but on day six it refused to start.

2) The auto-presenting door on day 5 started making a clicking sound, it would click, click click but not open very much only about two inches and remaining clicking until it was shut.

3) I have not had any issues with sun glare or anything in this Florida sun....the tint on the front windshield is sufficient, I have not even had to use the visor. (not sure if @K-MTG still needs answers on the sun shileding)

4) our spoiler stopped working on day 2....really day 1 cause we took delivery at night and by the next day the spoiler was no longer moving as it should.

there is more....items from our due bill, FWD. I'm sure they will get to it all, but I'm not sure when I'll be seeing my X. For the few days I had it....GREAT vehicle...definitely a head turner...then there were all those worrisome people getting a bit too close while trying to take video of it. LOVE the X though! Just hope I'll be back to driving it soon.

I am vin 34xx in Houston. Got word that my car has arrived at the service center. Still don't know when I can get it. Was told typically 72 hrs before service releases it for delivery but my car was probably produced in towards the last week of April/early May so hopefully not as many issues. My tesla page still says in production queue for the last two weeks.
My X came in Tuesday to Houston too, 3 days and no delivery date yet. April won't commit to a time. I'm hoping on getting it next week. vin 41xx. Hope to see you there. Mine's obsidian with black leather.

Yesterday was our updated target delivery date, but the car didn't get out of the body shop to fix the pain scratch until this morning. It's in final detail now, but they won't be able to get it down to us in Nixa (3 hours or so away from KC) before this evening and we already have plans. So looks like tomorrow either early morning or mid-afternoon. Seems like never. My wife is about to lose her mind!

Yesterday was our updated target delivery date, but the car didn't get out of the body shop to fix the pain scratch until this morning. It's in final detail now, but they won't be able to get it down to us in Nixa (3 hours or so away from KC) before this evening and we already have plans. So looks like tomorrow either early morning or mid-afternoon. Seems like never. My wife is about to lose her mind!

Interesting that Tesla sent our X to Dallas and yours to KC. We're near Independence, KS.

• Informative
Reactions: efusco
Picked mine up at the factory this morning. 90d non pup, Spoiler appears fixed(even when powered down). Quality seems great. Vin21xx. Dropped off for clear bra and tinting so will post pics once it's home.

Also, saw the model 3 prototypes. They had an event for the suppliers today.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    388.7 KB · Views: 111
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    388.7 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    322.1 KB · Views: 79
Picked mine up at the factory this morning. 90d non pup, Spoiler appears fixed(even when powered down). Quality seems great. Vin21xx. Dropped off for clear bra and tinting so will post pics once it's home.

Congrats! What was the estimated date for delivery on your MVPA and when did your X go into production. I hope that spoiler isn't fixed, that would be surprising for such a early VIN.

Did you get sunshade? Is the tint of the panoramic windshield adequate?

Were you able to confirm it was not active? Please post some pics, I hope it is active

Finally! Everything looks great except the glass on the right FWD has defects in the tinting. They will replace at a later visit. They took 2 weeks from when they got it to get it ready for us. Everything seems perfect. I think people that get their car 72 hours or less after the SC gets the car, may have more imperfections. I feel like our guys really go over the car with a fine tooth comb. Apparently they replaced the trim at the floor of the FWD, and the trim around the second row bases, etc.. I have driven it less than 50 miles so far. General impression is that it is quieter than my S. VERY little wind noise. If you have wind noise, something needs to be fixed. The car does not drive as sporty as the S. Definitely feels taller/heavier. That being said, for an SUV, the handling is amazing. But I think I'll leave the X for my wife, and I will be sticking with the S. The carrying capacity of the S is definitely better. No way I'm fitting my road bike inside the X if it is raining and I don't want it on the bike rack outside.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Finally! Everything looks great except the glass on the right FWD has defects in the tinting. They will replace at a later visit. They took 2 weeks from when they got it to get it ready for us. Everything seems perfect. I think people that get their car 72 hours or less after the SC gets the car, may have more imperfections. I feel like our guys really go over the car with a fine tooth comb. Apparently they replaced the trim at the floor of the FWD, and the trim around the second row bases, etc.. I have driven it less than 50 miles so far. General impression is that it is quieter than my S. VERY little wind noise. If you have wind noise, something needs to be fixed. The car does not drive as sporty as the S. Definitely feels taller/heavier. That being said, for an SUV, the handling is amazing. But I think I'll leave the X for my wife, and I will be sticking with the S. The carrying capacity of the S is definitely better. No way I'm fitting my road bike inside the X if it is raining and I don't want it on the bike rack outside.

View attachment 176491

Congrats! Is the spoiler active? Did you get a sunshade? Is the tint on the panoramic windshield adequate? What was the estimated delivery date on your MVPA?

90d non pup, Spoiler appears fixed(even when powered down).
If this is the case, yours is the first confirmed non-active spoiler on this forum. Note that there is a spoiler setting in the Settings pane, so you might want to make sure that's not set to keep it fixed.

If indeed you confirm it's fixed, I'm sure we'd all like to see up close photos.

VIN 30xx 90D, Midnight Silver, Tan, PUP, Tow, Standard Rims has gone into production. My (awesome) DS has said to expect delivery the week of 5/23. Seems like a pretty quick turnaround so maybe they have the production line streamlined now. My delivery time is probably also shorter because of proximity to Fremont.

I don't have an MVPA yet.