Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X May Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if this new "pre-delivery" checkup situation is applying to Model X vehicles that are being returned to the SC as well. Fix the punch lists, but also run through the internal checklist and proactively fix other stuff. Maybe I'm just being optimistic.
I hope not. I am actually going to the SC tomorrow to have my rear seats swapped and front plate put on. I don't want them nitpicking my car looking for issues as I need to get on the road with the car. I am planning on hanging out in their lounge until they get sick of me and want me out of there.

• Funny
Reactions: ohmman
I can't find info on the forum re: is the parcel on the rear gate and the privacy shade something we should be asking for? Anyone getting that with their recent deliveries?

Also, I ordered nonPUP and didn't realize the blind holster isn't something I get. does anyone know if that's something I can buy for my 6S? I don't see it on the shop.

I'm going to have to add this to the checklist and make sure it's in ours when we take delivery.
Sunshade ;) that Florida sun ya know
Parcel Privacy Screen
Blind Holster for iPhone

We're in the Sacramento, CA, area and received our call about noon today that our MX, vin 05063, arrived this morning at the Rocklin Service Center. 90D, deep blue metallic, tan leather interior, 7-seat, premium sound package, accessory hitch. Taking delivery on Friday at 9:30am.

Great! We are now getting VIN 5k deliveries, hopefully that means I can get mine by mid-May?

Don't forget the most important question to ask your DS. Sunshade?

• Funny
Reactions: WABarb
@ohmman or anyone who has one... did your car come with a blind holster for each type of phone or just one universal thing? If two maybe someone will sell me their lightning adapter.

Could anyone send me a pic of what the holster looks like?

Or better, send me a file to 3D print it

I'm going to have to add this to the checklist and make sure it's in ours when we take delivery.
Sunshade ;) that Florida sun ya know
Parcel Privacy Screen
Blind Holster for iPhone

Did you add those to the checklist, by any chance? I haven't checked yet (mostly bc I'm using a small phone right now...); if you haven't, I can get to it!

Also, are people taking printed checklists with them to pick up? I'm planning to.

After I got unceremoniously punted into this thread due to a last delay, it was finally my turn yesterday!

I guess it's been established by now, but man, this car is awesome. I didn't do a thorough inspection since we didn't have as much time as I had hoped, but so far, everything seems to be perfect - no scratches, no alignment problems.

I do have to say that the X has been scientifically engineered to cause problems with our garage: The car is LONG! I only had concerns about the width, measured down exactly where the car would be, but never considered that it is much longer than the Highlander it is replacing. We're going to have to unclutter the garage, right now there are fewer than 20 inches from each bumper to the nearest obstacle. We also have overhead bins, and the trunk doesn't open very wide because of that - I've adjusted it so it opens as far as it can, but it can get problematic when we have lots of stuff in it.

I know that "Shademaster O" (aka @ohmman ) is going to ask about the sunshade. The DS said the shade will be provided at a later date.

I haven't found the accessory hitch yet, but I'll check today.

Unfortunately I didn't have time to take decent pictures, I'll send some soon!

Attachments

• IMG_6541.JPG
    IMG_6541.JPG
    231.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_6544.JPG
    IMG_6544.JPG
    294.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_6518.JPG
    IMG_6518.JPG
    240.9 KB · Views: 67
Oh, the humanity!!
I thought @K-MTG was captain sunshade? Duel?

@F123456 I brought the list but once I was in front of the thing I just wanted to hit the road. I did what @ohmman did and just enjoyed it and figured tesla would handle my list later.

The DS has already told me he would manage my list so now I'm in no rush. I couldn't imagine finding something and wanting to reject the car or leave it there for another day for pickup. I had even arrives early and once I was crawling around the car I saw enough to just want to drive off.

I did ask about the sunshade. No dice.

Did you add those to the checklist, by any chance? I haven't checked yet (mostly bc I'm using a small phone right now...); if you haven't, I can get to it!

Also, are people taking printed checklists with them to pick up? I'm planning to.

I actually was on my phone as well so I haven't added it to the checklist, so please do. I plan on taking the checklist with me, I did forewarn my DS I would be arriving checklist in hand and a bit earlier to go through the checklist myself. He was cool as a cucumber and welcomed it.

I actually was on my phone as well so I haven't added it to the checklist, so please do. I plan on taking the checklist with me, I did forewarn my DS I would be arriving checklist in hand and a bit earlier to go through the checklist myself. He was cool as a cucumber and welcomed it.

Nice! I hope my DS is as accommodating, but I have my doubts... And I will add to the checklist tonight.

@Cloc, absolutely understand and agree about wanting to enjoy the car and not worry about the minutiae! But for security's sake, it seems like checking for scratches or damage that could occur after taking possession (vs rust on seat posts, which are not likely to be considered the customer's fault), is worth the time.

I don't remember if it was in this thread or another one, but somebody had a scratch on the spoiler which wasn't noted at delivery time, and the DS basically said that it couldn't be considered a due bill item.
Yes, these things can be resolved with some persistence--but I think it'll be safer all around to check and note at time of delivery.