Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X May Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@ohmman or anyone who has one... did your car come with a blind holster for each type of phone or just one universal thing? If two maybe someone will sell me their lightning adapter.

Could anyone send me a pic of what the holster looks like?

Or better, send me a file to 3D print it
There is no holster. There is a compartment with 4 guide rails you can choose to support the sides of your phone (pick any two of a left and right). Then there is two short cables (lightening and micro usb) that plugs into a nearby USB. You might be able to set you iPhone into the slot but don't even try the mini usb ones, especially if you have USB C. Just use the short cable and forget the rails. Poorest part of the car IMHO.

VIN 43xx, 90D.

My Tesla website went from "Late April - Early May" to nothing... The delivery estimate was removed altogether.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

As I mentioned earlier today my DS notified me today that my 90D vin 2617 would be ready to deliver this Saturday. When I logged on to My Tesla after his call I noticed that my delivery estimate was gone (it was definitely there this morning - "April to early May"). So (hopefully) it could mean that good things are actually happening for you!

Reactions: chloedog
After I got unceremoniously punted into this thread due to a last delay, it was finally my turn yesterday!

I guess it's been established by now, but man, this car is awesome. I didn't do a thorough inspection since we didn't have as much time as I had hoped, but so far, everything seems to be perfect - no scratches, no alignment problems.

I do have to say that the X has been scientifically engineered to cause problems with our garage: The car is LONG! I only had concerns about the width, measured down exactly where the car would be, but never considered that it is much longer than the Highlander it is replacing. We're going to have to unclutter the garage, right now there are fewer than 20 inches from each bumper to the nearest obstacle. We also have overhead bins, and the trunk doesn't open very wide because of that - I've adjusted it so it opens as far as it can, but it can get problematic when we have lots of stuff in it.

I know that "Shademaster O" (aka @ohmman ) is going to ask about the sunshade. The DS said the shade will be provided at a later date.

I haven't found the accessory hitch yet, but I'll check today.

Unfortunately I didn't have time to take decent pictures, I'll send some soon!

Sorry for the delay...I have a very important question to ask...Did you get a sunshade? Is the tint on the panoramic windshield adequate?

Ooh, congratulations! Did your DS inform you, or did you find out some other way? Any time frame for you to pick it up?

Huh. It's possible that I'm more impatient than you...and that's for *your* car!

I went by and looked at the vins. I then emailed my DS and said it was there, and he confirmed that it arrived yesterday. No information on how long it will take to get ready for delivery. There were a lot of X vehicles waiting for prep/delivery, so it could be next week. My delivery estimate also disappeared.

I went by and looked at the vins. I then emailed my DS and said it was there, and he confirmed that it arrived yesterday. No information on how long it will take to get ready for delivery. There were a lot of X vehicles waiting for prep/delivery, so it could be next week. My delivery estimate also disappeared.

Thank you. Wonder what it takes to get a DS to be proactive. I can't imagine that it would be that difficult to have a tickler system to check on vehicles and update owners...and I think it would make people much happier if they knew what the status was.

Wonder what it takes to get a DS to be proactive
In my opinion? A redefinition of their role internally. The super-responsive DS is the exception, and has been for the last 2 years at least.

Someone at Tesla has to say, "look, this is an important role, and communication is their top priority." I don't really know what they do. I never met mine for the S or the X. In both cases delivery was handled by someone else. My DS with the S responded twice to emails, with the X, never. Surely there's an internal role that's important, but it's not translating well to the customer side.

That's what the order page shows:

Premium Upgrades Package
  • Quick connection phone dock

This wasn't there before. They must have added it recently. I didn't order the PUP so let's see if I actually get it or not. I added it to my checklist.

Tesla-Model-X-Premium-Upgrade-Package-4500.jpg

In my opinion? A redefinition of their role internally. The super-responsive DS is the exception, and has been for the last 2 years at least.

Someone at Tesla has to say, "look, this is an important role, and communication is their top priority." I don't really know what they do. I never met mine for the S or the X. In both cases delivery was handled by someone else. My DS with the S responded twice to emails, with the X, never. Surely there's an internal role that's important, but it's not translating well to the customer side.

That makes a lot of sense, in terms of redefinition coming from the top down...but I was hoping it'd be more down the lines of visiting the showroom once or twice, possibly with baked goods .

My VIN 29xx delivery window has gone from March to April to May to... blank. No kidding the delivery window is now blank on my MX profile page. Just hoping they are holding it at the factory to work out all the bugs before delivery. Fingers crossed.

In one of the MX FB pages, some are reporting via DS that your estimated delivery dates have been deleted as now your MX is going to ship by train instead of truck. Train takes 2-3 weeks and truck takes 5-7 days for cross country. Looks like our road trip in June to Maine from Atlanta is in jeopardy. Can't reschedule the trip as that was our only 2 week opening for this summer. Saying I will be upset is an understatement. :(

After I got unceremoniously punted into this thread due to a last delay, it was finally my turn yesterday!

I guess it's been established by now, but man, this car is awesome. I didn't do a thorough inspection since we didn't have as much time as I had hoped, but so far, everything seems to be perfect - no scratches, no alignment problems.

I do have to say that the X has been scientifically engineered to cause problems with our garage: The car is LONG! I only had concerns about the width, measured down exactly where the car would be, but never considered that it is much longer than the Highlander it is replacing. We're going to have to unclutter the garage, right now there are fewer than 20 inches from each bumper to the nearest obstacle. We also have overhead bins, and the trunk doesn't open very wide because of that - I've adjusted it so it opens as far as it can, but it can get problematic when we have lots of stuff in it.

I know that "Shademaster O" (aka @ohmman ) is going to ask about the sunshade. The DS said the shade will be provided at a later date.

I haven't found the accessory hitch yet, but I'll check today.

Unfortunately I didn't have time to take decent pictures, I'll send some soon!

Very encouraging report for future owners......love the smiles of your children!