Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope that on the Production that the bumper in the rear is the same color as the rest of the body. Looks weird with the bumper a flat black plastic and not a polished black like the car.

That's probably a design function to try to reduce the appearance of the heft of the back end, I wouldn't be surprised if it stays. Similarly, the black rocker panels make it look shorter.

That's what I said earlier that it makes the shape more streamlined and rid of that Prius look. I thought this is great.

Hey, it's been used on other vehicles, like maybe this one? :confused:

images (1).jpg

I remember the first time I saw a Nissan Murano (one of the first CUVs that didn't try and look like a traditional SUV) I thought it looked like somebody took a hatchback and overinflated it with air. Now it looks pretty normal and there are a ton of similar CUVs. I think the Model X is a much smaller evolution of the form.

First time I saw a Nissan Murano, I got one :) I really like the look of the Merc GLE too. The X6 not so much. Model X initial prototype looked very good to me. All black doesnt look as nice as in other colors.

BerTX,

In some years, the cladding was body-colored:
aztek.jpg

:)

- - - Updated - - -

First time I saw a Nissan Murano, I got one :) I really like the look of the Merc GLE too. The X6 not so much. Model X initial prototype looked very good to me. All black doesnt look as nice as in other colors.

The first time I saw a Nissan Murano convertible, I wondered aloud how such a car ever made it into production. :confused:

Is it my anxiety or have the frequency of MX mule spottings suddenly fallen off a cliff?

Did this happen just before the reveal of the roadster or MS?

Unless someone spots a vehicle other than the same black Model X… there's probably not much more to see.

We've seen the Model X do burnouts, drive past gas stations, and tow trailers. My hunch is that some of these "leaks" were intentionally staged.

You're right, and if the trim was, the door handles would be out of whack just about as much as on the driver's side... :crying:

The misaligned chrome trim looks deliberate, to throw off the competition or too make it look less ready for production. They probably want to give the impression it's not ready and you don't want the gull wing doors to look too easy to implement otherwise every car maker would be jumping on board.

The misaligned chrome trim looks deliberate, to throw off the competition or too make it look less ready for production. They probably want to give the impression it's not ready and you don't want the gull wing doors to look too easy to implement otherwise every car maker would be jumping on board.

I would offer three potential reasons for mule falcon wing misalignment:

- Simplest would be the explanation of the Mercedes factory guy how pre-production always starts with misaligned parts and how things get progressively better throughout the process

- Second would be Elon's mention of "buckling doors" in the Q1 conference call, suggesting that has been an area they have been fixing

- Third, most controversial, is Delay in Model X leakster Eds mention in the now-pulled post that Tesla is changing falcon wings from hydraulic to electric (could add to alignment precision?)

Some or all of these reasons could apply, but probably the first since the bottom of the doors does seem to match.

FWIW, my Model S chrome trim was misaligned when I received delivery and the Ranger said this is a simple fix, pulled it up and reattached with perfect alignment. Chrome trim misaligned should be no indication of door fitment.

FWIW, my Model S chrome trim was misaligned when I received delivery and the Ranger said this is a simple fix, pulled it up and reattached with perfect alignment. Chrome trim misaligned should be no indication of door fitment.

In this case it is not just the chrome trim but also entire falcon wing door handles that are misaligned. Perfectly normal for a mule of course.

That said, come to think of it, my P85 window trim is misaligned too. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Or cables for sensors sticking out on the roof, and doors cant be fully closed.

True, we have seen cables affect especially windows. Not sure how it would affect door handle alignment though, probably just normal pre-production imprecision there.