Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When cables comes out on the roof, to power the Green sticker the door cant close 100%. ;-)
And handles will not be aligned. He he he
It is not many pictures where you can see the roof and sensors if any.
Sensors on the sides pipes out from the windows, it is no window or sunroof to place to get sensors out on the middle of the roof.
Easy to do the cabling with falcon doors open, and close as much as possible without crussing the cable. ;-)
If I was measuring airflow around the car I would at least have a sensor on the sides and roof.
Have no idea what they are measuring, but guess more sensors --) better results.

Last edited:
While waiting for my wife in Vacaville, I decided to visit the SCs. Hey, there's our old friend, the black X!! I texted wifey. No answer. I took pictures, but didn't see anything new. Wifey later said she didn't think seeing a Tesla at the SCs was anything special, but then I emphasized it was THE X.

Just thinking, since this baby is running up and down the freeways, and today with no external sensors visible, no cables, no chrome, no nuthin, that maybe they are doing verification testing of the 90 kW battery. Sounds like a reasonable rumor to me! They sat at the SC for quite a while with the fans running on high. A guy and a young woman.

It was funny. I walked up to the car to scrutinize more closely. The guy opens the door, and says, "It's a Model X"

"I know."

"But it's just a prototype."

"Yeah, I know."

Nobody likes a smart @$$.

While waiting for my wife in Vacaville, I decided to visit the SCs. Hey, there's our old friend, the black X!! I texted wifey. No answer. I took pictures, but didn't see anything new. Wifey later said she didn't think seeing a Tesla at the SCs was anything special, but then I emphasized it was THE X.

Just thinking, since this baby is running up and down the freeways, and today with no external sensors visible, no cables, no chrome, no nuthin, that maybe they are doing verification testing of the 90 kW battery. Sounds like a reasonable rumor to me! They sat at the SC for quite a while with the fans running on high. A guy and a young woman.

It was funny. I walked up to the car to scrutinize more closely. The guy opens the door, and says, "It's a Model X"

"I know."

"But it's just a prototype."

"Yeah, I know."

Nobody likes a smart @$$.

Guy opened the door!?!?! Don't tease us, Roblab!
NPDH
Whazzup on the inside?
Sculptural 2nd row seats?
Banks of monitoring equipment?
Aquarium?
Hot tub?

(rumor said) changing falcon wings from hydraulic to electric

That would probably be a good thing: hydraulic is awesome at precision and strength. Whop your head right off, body parts off, in half, etc. Contains "toxic" fluid. Gaskets can fail. Electric OTOH has less potential for leaking "toxic" fluids, high pressure fluids slicing you in half, high strength systems chopping you up because the electric motor could have an instant sensor installed which cuts it off, takes off pressure. Still needs lots of safety systems to be safeish, though. Still plenty of potential for "issues". I'd be very careful as an early consumer of falcon doors. How heavy will they be?

Now we know where Elon really got the design for the Gull Wing

Screen Shot 2015-08-09 at 7.25.33 PM.png

The photos aren't worth going over to look at. Just 8 bit blocks. What is most interesting is the posters description:

"I went to the Fremont Supercharger by way of the test track and saw what I believe are release candidate Model X. There was a black one and a white one, without camo or disguise, so I believe they are the release candidates or validation releases that are now rolling off the line. I can say that they look true to the concept design, unlike the mules we've been seeing. The front definitely does not have the pointy look, but more of the full front fascia. They look beautiful. The falcon-wing glass top looked clear, so I wonder if they have the electrochromic tinting feature. The hinges looked curved."

Emphasis mine.