Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my DS called to say hey lets schedule the delivery of your X. I’m elated. He says how about 3/22? I say great, that’s better than the end of March like I expected. I look on delivery sheet and see someone from AZ is picking it up a week before me and ordered at the same time. I called and asked if I could move up delivery date by chance and he comes back with “Yeah how about the 16th”. A whole week earlier. SMH. Oh well, at least I get my awesome car a week earlier and can quit driving my Defender that gets 10 mpg. Very excited to put it in Ludicrous plus.

I saw Tesla put out a bunch of new inventory models today (including a few with over 4000 miles on the odometer... not sure how that's "new", exactly...) - I was tempted to call my DS to switch, but I realised none of them had the same spec as my order, so more waiting for me then... *grumble*

No update on my 7-week-old order yet since getting the VIN on saturday.

We just got all of our delivery plans worked out for taking delivery of our brand new X on March 20th.!

May I ask when your order was confirmed? I don't see your entry in the spreadsheet, so I'm curious what your time-to-production was, thanks!

Last edited:
Whaaaaa?

According to the spreadsheet you placed your order almost a full month after mine and you got yours in production before me? :O

Yeah not my fault :)

I see you have a VIN assigned 935XX and mine was 922XX. Either way I think they started the west coast vehicles production now. We all should be getting it by end of March, obviously plus or minus couple of weeks here and there.
I'm not sure how they queue up vehicles for production and in which order. But good luck yours should go to production soon as well is my guess.

Last edited:
I've plotted VIN's against the published Production Start date:

upload_2018-3-8_16-40-24.png

Interesting how the delays jumped in around 85XXX. As I'm 935XX I'm at the very right edge, so hopefully mine will enter production next week?

Reactions: dlyle65535
I've plotted VIN's against the published Production Start date:

View attachment 285182

Interesting how the delays jumped in around 85XXX. As I'm 935XX I'm at the very right edge, so hopefully mine will enter production next week?
That’s consistent with all previous quarters. All US cars are produced toward the end of quarter. They produce overseas cars first so they can be delivered by end of quarter.

Reactions: cartech
I'm Vin # 90XXX and mine has been in production for over a week. Thought that production was supposed to be a lot faster than that...

Based on the spreadsheet recently taking around 6-7 days. So yours may complete production anytime now given that it's already 7 days. When did it go into production? I saw at least two entries that went to production end of Feb and finish 1st week of March.

Data point for east coasters-in-wait: My Model X was in production between Feb 23 and Feb 27. Was loaded on a train to Birmingham, AL on Feb 28. Original delivery date was set for March 20. Was contacted yesterday evening by my DS. Car is early! Arrives in Rockville, MD over the weekend and the new delivery date is March 13. Hurray!!

I will update spreadsheet.

Reactions: dlyle65535
Yeah not my fault :)

I see you have a VIN assigned 935XX and mine was 922XX. Either way I think they started the west coast vehicles production now. We all should be getting it by end of March, obviously plus or minus couple of weeks here and there.
I'm not sure how they queue up vehicles for production and in which order. But good luck yours should go to production soon as well is my guess.
Wooha, on point. Mine is 928XXX and in production since March 1st!

Reactions: cartech