Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I followed your lead and called the main Tesla #, chose sales, existing order, did not enter a zip. Spoke to a helpful rep that told me that my car is built but not yet through inspections. I told her my lender is waiting on the MVPA and she emailed it to me a few minutes later.

So, to summarize:
-Ordered 5/16, confirmed 5/18
-No VIN on my account yet, but it started showing in the page source on Sat
-I have my MVPA after calling in. (and the VIN matches the page source VIN)

My guess is that maybe the account doesn't update to show the VIN and MVPA until the car has passed inspection? Just a wild guess.

I too followed suite and was told that my Model X hasn't even began production. It's still in the "pre-plan stage".

Summary:
I live in Southern California
Ordered 5/10/19
Confirmed 5/10/19
Black/Black
5 seats
Long Range
22" Black Rims

I am just annoyed at this point!

Ordered May 15, 2019. Confirmed the next day.

• Model X Performance
  • Deep Blue Metallic
  • B/W Premium Interior
  • Five Seat
  • Auto-Pilot / FSD / Ludicrous

I hadn't heard anything for the last couple weeks, but when I called today the associate said it "came off the line last night" and he emailed me my VIN Number.

HOWEVER, I wish I'd have come here first. I didn't know about the JSON object at the bottom of the order page that has a lot more info. Indeed, the VIN number was in there, too... despite it not appearing in the actual content of the page. Thanks for the TIP! [Quick & Dirty version: "View Source" of your order page and search for "VIN"]

Still waiting for an email with any official status, leasing docs, etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
I followed your lead and called the main Tesla #, chose sales, existing order, did not enter a zip. Spoke to a helpful rep that told me that my car is built but not yet through inspections. I told her my lender is waiting on the MVPA and she emailed it to me a few minutes later.

So, to summarize:
-Ordered 5/16, confirmed 5/18
-No VIN on my account yet, but it started showing in the page source on Sat
-I have my MVPA after calling in. (and the VIN matches the page source VIN)

My guess is that maybe the account doesn't update to show the VIN and MVPA until the car has passed inspection? Just a wild guess.
Ordered May 15, 2019. Confirmed the next day.

• Model X Performance
  • Deep Blue Metallic
  • B/W Premium Interior
  • Five Seat
  • Auto-Pilot / FSD / Ludicrous

I hadn't heard anything for the last couple weeks, but when I called today the associate said it "came off the line last night" and he emailed me my VIN Number.

HOWEVER, I wish I'd have come here first. I didn't know about the JSON object at the bottom of the order page that has a lot more info. Indeed, the VIN number was in there, too... despite it not appearing in the actual content of the page. Thanks for the TIP! [Quick & Dirty version: "View Source" of your order page and search for "VIN"]

Still waiting for an email with any official status, leasing docs, etc...

Ordered May 1st. Confirmed same day
  • Model X Performance
  • Deep Blue Metallic
  • Cream Interior with Carbon Fiber Trim
  • 22” wheels
  • Auto-Pilot FSD
  • Five Seat
No updates until 5/29 when the order was modified to black interior which was ok but surprising, I wondered why. I called today and didn’t put in zip code and got some useful information. The rep said the Cream interior was causing long delays so Tesla modified the order. The rep said the car was currently in production and I should get a delivery date in the next few days. He indicated it would absolutely arrive in June.

• Informative
Reactions: osoriomm
Well I called last week, they told me to call again this week. I called again yesterday and still the "No VIN, I don't have any information."
I ordered April 24, with what I thought was a pretty easy build:
  • Model X Standard Range
  • Solid Black
  • 20" Silver Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior with Figured Ash Wood Décor
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
I'm glad my current leases ends in August! Otherwise I'd be a lot more frustrated than I am already am with this black box process.

Well I called last week, they told me to call again this week. I called again yesterday and still the "No VIN, I don't have any information."
I ordered April 24, with what I thought was a pretty easy build:
  • Model X Standard Range
  • Solid Black
  • 20" Silver Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior with Figured Ash Wood Décor
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
I'm glad my current leases ends in August! Otherwise I'd be a lot more frustrated than I am already am with this black box process.
We are pretty much on the same boat! The only difference between our orders is, mine is a LR & 22" black wheels.
Solid black is not being produced from what I can tell. I believe that I have seen only one since the "refresh". When I called yesterday, I was advised that my order is in "pre-planning" stage. (ordered/confirmed 5/10/19) :(

My VIN appeared in my source yesterday 183...
P100DL, blue, 6 seat, black interior, FSD
Now to see how long it takes to roll out of Fremont, get on a train then cross the Atlantic!
I was hoping VIN's for Europe were only added after arrival at Tilburg.
Damn... Since I have no VIN yet my delivery is at least 40 days away. (Ordered 24/04)
A bit frustrated

I was hoping VIN's for Europe were only added after arrival at Tilburg.
Damn... Since I have no VIN yet my delivery is at least 40 days away. (Ordered 24/04)
A bit frustrated

I dont have any idea where my car is! Ik just presuming it's still in Fremont. There doesn't seem to he any clear pattern of when the VIN is released relating to stage of production. Not that I can work out anyway.

• Helpful
Reactions: Amar
We are pretty much on the same boat! The only difference between our orders is, mine is a LR & 22" black wheels.
Solid black is not being produced from what I can tell. I believe that I have seen only one since the "refresh". When I called yesterday, I was advised that my order is in "pre-planning" stage. (ordered/confirmed 5/10/19) :(

Interesting you got a response other than "I have no information". I am seeing basically any build but black and standard getting VINs in the sheet, which is frustrating. If i had known that not opting for a bigger batter would get me de-prioritized, I would have considered the upgrade

Update from my previous message: spoke to an agent and she told me that they are not able to match my configuration of the model X ordered. New refreshed hardware is in short supply and she offered that she could speed up my delivery if i took the old version of the hardware , which i promptly declined. At this point she told me she is not certain whether I will get my delivery by 6/30 when the Fed Tax credit expires. Keeping my fingers crossed and clutching my wallet for the potential loss of $3750 tax credit .