Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Model X Performance white/black carbon, 22 wheels, 5 seater on 9/23 and got a text that I can pick it up 9/29. Vin is 196xxx. Obviously it was already made. Should I be worried? I know there was an inventory car with 80 miles but I opted for new, or so I thought.

I ordered a Model X Performance white/black carbon, 22 wheels, 5 seater on 9/23 and got a text that I can pick it up 9/29. Vin is 196xxx. Obviously it was already made. Should I be worried? I know there was an inventory car with 80 miles but I opted for new, or so I thought.
Tesla is always going to try and match you with and existing Vin. Looks like you build is something they had in stock. Most likely a mid to late August build.

I am just wondering if the build date of 9/23 may be correct. I seem to recall seeing several on this forum post before that Tesla does not assign serial numbers sequentially. Maybe someone else can provide better detail on this.
While I’m not a 100% sure I have been following this closely and it does seem to me that they do. One reason is when doing research on used cars people have been able to see what iteration the car is based on vin and build month. The thing that I find interesting about Tesla is they don’t really have model years. If they want to improve something or just flat out change it they don’t wait till the next “model year” they just do it. For better or worse depending on the situation. Another company that comes to mind is Delorean, John as an executive at General Motors hated the fact the company would know a design was *sugar* but wouldn’t change it till the next model year. So when he started his company he made it clear he wouldn’t do that. Say what you will about the history of the company but I think it’s interesting that the same year cars have different good designs and different grab straps for the gull wing doors.

Hi all, I just took delivery of my Model 3 a couple of weeks ago (after a very long 6 week wait), but the other half has decided to order an X. We did an online order on Tuesday night, and tonight a VIN appeared in our account. However, the # seems super low compared to recent builds. Trying to figure out if the VIN is accurate, if they maybe reassigned numbers, or they are trying to pass off a super old vehicle (which I doubt, since looking at the spreadsheet, it would appear that my VIN # was from circa 2018!). VIN # is 214,XXX range. Any thoughts?
Not sure where you look up your VIN for for MX, my VIN is 203xxx and the car is made this month 09/2019.

I ordered on 21-Sept. While the tesla account page does not yet show the VIN, I did receive a text yesterday asking me to schedule my delivery as my performance model x was now in 'transit'. Unfortunately, the earliest date is 26-Oct. I went with blue, 22" wheels, 6 seats, black/carbon fiber.

October 9th. Door jam has a 10/19 build date. Insurance company couldn’t find it under 2019. At deliver the paper work you sign said 2020. had a few paint and alignment issues which means hopefully will be ready next week. Ordered white on white has a full black dash Not the two tone dash like the website shows.

Attachments

• B09C401A-3CB5-4C1F-8CE8-B87B638AC6B5.jpeg
    B09C401A-3CB5-4C1F-8CE8-B87B638AC6B5.jpeg
    463.8 KB · Views: 87